Personality Cafe banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
No wonder I act the way that I do. I was messing around and found a description of the 7 w 6....

The traits of the Seven and those of a Six-wing are in a certain amount of tension with each other: Sixes are oriented toward people, while Sevens are oriented toward things and experiences, quite capable of fulfilling their own needs themselves. In both types, however, there are dependencies; Sixes depend on finding approval and security from others, while Sevens depend on the environment to make them happy. People of this subtype will attempt to find satisfaction forthemselves, while looking to other people as additional sources of stimulation and happiness. Noteworthy examples of this subtype include John F. Kennedy, Arthur Rubinstein, Leonard Berstein, Mae West, Elizabeth Taylor, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Bette Midler, Liza Minnelli, Robin Williams, Peter Ustinov, Carol Burnett, Shelly Winters, Liberace, Richard Simmons, Mickey Rooney, Bob Hope, Sid Caesar, Mell Brooks, Zero Mostel, John Belushi, and Miss Piggy.
Healthy people of this subtype are lovable and endearing. They can be extremely good company because light hearted playfulness, sillness, and wit characterize their sense of humor. While they are essentially aggressive, they also want others to like and accept them. If they have money, they tend to be generous with others, particularly in their socializing, party giving, and traveling. People of this subtype have a soft, sweet side which can be very appealing. They are a kaleidoscope of contrasting traits - ingratiating and sassy, vulnerable and resilient, spontaneous and dependable, adult and childlike.

Average people of this subtype are defensive and impulsive. They want approval and are afraid of being anxious or alone. They want to be loved and they fall in love easily. But they also fall out of love easily as soon as the romance has worn off. Being in love is a strong sensation, which average people of this subtype enjoy having. They can still be quite funny, but an underlying note of anxiety is closer to the surface. They are gregarious but insecure about what people think of them; impulsive but anxious about their decisions; materialistic yet anxious about money. As their anxieties increase, people of this subtype tend to become increasingly insensitive about others, without being aware of it. They also become self-centered, demanding that others help them through bouts of anxiety. Thus, for better or worse, while the Six-wing softens the Seven's aggressive nature, it also reinforces its anxiety.

Unhealthy people of this subtype tend to be insecure. They want to have the approval and affection of others and will likely experience acute problems with inferiorty and anxiety, traits which are problems for each of the component subtypes. They will turn to other people, tearfully but obnoxiously demanding that others solvetheir problems for them. If this does not work, people of this subtype become hysterical and helpless, alternately thrashing around and lashing out, driving away others and seeking to bring them back to their sides. This subtype is also highly prone to self-destructive behaviors and dramatic, masochistic episodes, such as suicide attempts.

Reactions: pinkrasputin

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So thank you Pink Rasputin. I went to see the new therapist today. It went great. She and I bonded very nicely and I think that I'm going to work well with her. She knew both of MBTI as well as the enneagram. She is an ENFJ, enneagram 2. I think that she is going to help me a lot. Also, unlike my other therapist, it is her main goal to get me back to a good physical state where I can go back to working out like I used to. I might also try yoga as well. Oh and I do apparently have Oppositional Defiance Disorder as well, this told the therapist a lot about me.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
So thank you Pink Rasputin. I went to see the new therapist today. It went great. She and I bonded very nicely and I think that I'm going to work well with her. She knew both of MBTI as well as the enneagram. She is an ENFJ, enneagram 2. I think that she is going to help me a lot. Also, unlike my other therapist, it is her main goal to get me back to a good physical state where I can go back to working out like I used to. I might also try yoga as well. Oh and I do apparently have Oppositional Defiance Disorder as well, this told the therapist a lot about me.
That's awesome. I'm glad you fired your old therapist. Yeah, if my daughter isn't on her ADHD meds, she is highly oppositional. Scary. Anyway. Good for you.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That's awesome. I'm glad you fired your old therapist. Yeah, if my daughter isn't on her ADHD meds, she is highly oppositional. Scary. Anyway. Good for you.
I'm oppositional all the time, 24/7. I don't think that I am ever not oppositional.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts