Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching through wikipedia and some other websites saying that this is considered rape, but I'm not exactly sure:
Here is the scenario:

A 14 year old girl goes to her best friend's house, and there are older men there, around 23 to 25 and everyone is drinking. She sneaks and drinks other's drinks, and continues to drink her own, so she is a lot more intoxicated than everyone else. Eventually some people leave and she's laying in bed next to a guy and he comes onto her, and they have sex. An hour later, another man says hi to her, sits near her and they start talking and he mentions how the guy next to her is asleep, and he leans in closer to her, and she tells him she wants to have sex, so they do, and another man has sex with her right after, and they all leave. She sits up and throws up everywhere.

Not a pretty story, but is this rape?

·
Registered
652 Posts
I think its only bad morals on the men, not the girl.
I was speaking about the older men, yes.

What the girl did was nothing unforgivable. It wasn't wise but as the men are older and less intoxicated they should have known better than to take advantage of a child. One could have easily kept watch over her or called her parents instead of having to deal with statutory rape charges and a possible pregnancy.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What I think, from studying about feminism, is that that is considered rape. There are some consent laws in certain states where you have to say yes when you're drunk, or it's considered rape. Maybe the first guy wasn't since she said she wanted it, but how did she know what she wanted when she was obliterated?

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
YOU ASK. Ugh.
Simple question. Not like people have giant letters above their heads stating their name and age.

If you're complaining about the entire topic becoming harder.
Imagine what would happen if we had to define every word.
Especially rape.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Simple question. Not like people have giant letters above their heads stating their name and age.

If you're complaining about the entire topic becoming harder.
Imagine what would happen if we had to define every word.
Especially rape.
You have the decency to ask someone what their age is, and if you're unsure- Don't have sex with them.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
You have the decency to ask someone what their age is, and if you're unsure- Don't have sex with them.
Really?
Because a party involving liquor either implies you're older than 21, or it's one of those high school parties.
Not to mention clubs card.
So both situations where one night stands happen is when people are legal.

Besides.
"You have the decency" is a bit biased.
I mean for one thing it's also decent to give everyone your medical records and ask for them, just to check for some stis.
And that is apparently a giant turn off to a lot of people.
Also a bit weird carrying your medical records.
"Walk into a club like, wat up i got a big crab".

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Really?
Because a party involving liquor either implies you're older than 21, or it's one of those high school parties.
Not to mention clubs card.
So both situations where one night stands happen is when people are legal.

Besides.
"You have the decency" is a bit biased.
I mean for one thing it's also decent to give everyone your medical records and ask for them, just to check for some stis

I have been to plenty of parties when I was a teenager and got trashed. It happens more than you know.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I've been researching through wikipedia and some other websites saying that this is considered rape, but I'm not exactly sure:
Here is the scenario:

A 14 year old girl goes to her best friend's house, and there are older men there, around 23 to 25 and everyone is drinking. She sneaks and drinks other's drinks, and continues to drink her own, so she is a lot more intoxicated than everyone else. Eventually some people leave and she's laying in bed next to a guy and he comes onto her, and they have sex. An hour later, another man says hi to her, sits near her and they start talking and he mentions how the guy next to her is asleep, and he leans in closer to her, and she tells him she wants to have sex, so they do, and another man has sex with her right after, and they all leave. She sits up and throws up everywhere.

Not a pretty story, but is this rape?
Think Utah may be the only place that could almost be okay... but rape. However, I feel this girl needs to be more careful with herself.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.