Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Seems like 8w7 is the best fit from what I heard. You're on your own reconciling xNFx. IMO, two separate systems that don't map to one another.

·
Registered
386 Posts
What do you guys think? It says shes an xNFx... is it even possible? it must be so conflicting..

i
Supposedly, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was an 8w9 and an ENFJ.

Feelers in the MBTI can certainly be fiery. From what I understand, many 8s are involved in social justice, which is also a place than NFs may find themselves.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
Oh God. Suzan looks just like this old lady I knew who would sit at starbucks making videos ranting about her Exes and personality stuff like she was a vapid teenager.

It was very...wierd.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
her speaking style is hard for me to listen to... definitely xNFx... most likely ENFP. It seems so ditsy and random, with no substance... vague.

she talks about all the 8 stuff, but i dont believe it for some reason.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
her speaking style is hard for me to listen to... definitely xNFx... most likely ENFP. It seems so ditsy and random, with no substance... vague.

she talks about all the 8 stuff, but i dont believe it for some reason.
Same.

I guess it's possible she's an 8, but somehow she didn't..."vibe" that way to me. Like she described herself with some of the core 8 buzzwords but wasn't really conveying it in her demeanor or expressing it in stories I'd expect to hear from an 8. None of it seemed to really reach into the core of what it means to be 8, if that makes sense. It was almost like she lacked the forthrightness of core 8--she would giggle, for example, when touching on heavier/more controversial topics--something I'd expect an 8 to become more definite about.

Her giggle drove me absolutely insane, btw. "I kinda wanna...conquer my world...*tee hee hee*". You wouldn't catch me carrying on like that during an interview, not about something as serious as conquest. I don't care how ENFP figures into that; it renders the speaker somewhat inane...something I'd think an 8 would avoid.

OK, well, having just poisoned the well here, I'll repeat that I think she still COULD be an 8, it just rang a little false to me in this particular interview.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Hmm... I get why you’re all saying she doesn’t vibe like an 8. I was under the impression that 8s are more unapologetic, whereas she seems to be quite hesitant about what she’s saying, with a need to check in with the interviewer. If I had to guess her type, I’d say 4 or possibly 6. I’m also contemplating whether 2 might be a possibility, but I’d have to watch the video again with that in mind. But based on watching the video once, and with the disclaimer that I’ve never met her and she knows herself better than I know her (although, on the other hand, strangers can sometimes see the big picture better than the person themselves or people who know them well) I’d guess that 4 is most likely. The way she described liking intensity sounded like something you’d be just as likely to hear from a 4 as from an 8, and “Be gentle with me”? Really? From an 8? I don’t even buy that as a “how to help me grow” thing. The way she was saying that people think you have to be horrible to 8s reminds me of how non-8s sometimes talk about how 8s interact. I know the “8s are tough” thing sometimes gets overdone, and I’ve occasionally heard 8s complain that people think they have no feelings or sensitivities at all, but something about the way she put it made me think it was more the former than the latter.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Dunno about type, but she spent quite a bit of time on how people's perceptions of her change when they learn her enneagram type. Lot of image focus in her answers.

On a personal note, she's not someone I'd want to get a beer with.

Reactions: nablur

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
3,696 Posts
Hmm... I get why you’re all saying she doesn’t vibe like an 8. I was under the impression that 8s are more unapologetic, whereas she seems to be quite hesitant about what she’s saying, with a need to check in with the interviewer. If I had to guess her type, I’d say 4 or possibly 6. I’m also contemplating whether 2 might be a possibility, but I’d have to watch the video again with that in mind. But based on watching the video once, and with the disclaimer that I’ve never met her and she knows herself better than I know her (although, on the other hand, strangers can sometimes see the big picture better than the person themselves or people who know them well) I’d guess that 4 is most likely.
I completely agree. I thought she was more likely a 4 too, and definitely a sexual (I would say sx/so) 4, which gets confused with 8; though, I don't really understand how this happens so often because 8s are so different from 4s.

The way she described liking intensity sounded like something you’d be just as likely to hear from a 4 as from an 8, and “Be gentle with me”? Really? From an 8? I don’t even buy that as a “how to help me grow” thing. The way she was saying that people think you have to be horrible to 8s reminds me of how non-8s sometimes talk about how 8s interact. I know the “8s are tough” thing sometimes gets overdone, and I’ve occasionally heard 8s complain that people think they have no feelings or sensitivities at all, but something about the way she put it made me think it was more the former than the latter.
Exactly. You wouldn't hear an 8 talk about being "weak" in this way (She once said something about being ooey-gooey...:laughing:), because that ties into their core fear/neurosis, in the same way you wouldn't hear a 1 say how they think they're "bad", or a 3 how they think they're a "failure", etc, or at least not until you do some digging, and even then that truth is not easily admitted, or even acknowledged by the type. She also focuses a lot more on passion, rather than strength/power dynamics, which you would hear more from an 8. I don't think I heard her mention power once, despite 8s being in the power-seeking/rejection triad. She gives a very 4-ish answer at 11:28-40, avoiding mediocre, and instead wants what is deep and meaningful.

Sexual/Social

This subtype is able to connect with others and with life itself, but always with an undertone of volatility and a tendency to dramatize. They are the most involved and connected of the subtypes of Four. They can go from relationship to relationship, seemingly tortured by each one. They are the most driven of the subtypes of Four to express themselves publicly and type Four celebrities are commonly found with this stacking. This subtype has a real difficulty remaining grounded (which I think she mentioned too), partly due to the undeveloped self-pres instinct. Although they can appear almost Eight-like at times with their lust for life and desire for passionate experience, they lack the focus of the Eight and the instinctual energy that would keep them grounded. Sometimes alcohol or substance abuse can be a problem. These Fours become more healthy when they learn to control their impulsivenss and focus their energies.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
she says she is an ENFP, which I totally believe.

I think she is a 7w8, and can actually see the 8 stuff in herself easier than she can see the 7 stuff. It is like listening to your own heartbeat - you have to be ina very quiet place, and focus in order to see some things in yourself.

I'd also totally believe she is a 4, but I think the 4 vibe comes from the ENFP part - ENFP's all have a sense of "unique" to them IMO.

For sure there are ENFP 8s in the world.

I

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
she says she is an ENFP, which I totally believe.

I think she is a 7w8, and can actually see the 8 stuff in herself easier than she can see the 7 stuff. It is like listening to your own heartbeat - you have to be ina very quiet place, and focus in order to see some things in yourself.

I'd also totally believe she is a 4, but I think the 4 vibe comes from the ENFP part - ENFP's all have a sense of "unique" to them IMO.

For sure there are ENFP 8s in the world.

I
Agreed on all counts: ENFP; 7w8 (perhaps her focus on social justice (and maybe 2 fix?) is causing her to see more 8 in herself, because she can relate to the rescuer archetype?); the 4 vibe is being an NF.

I'm also sure there are ENFJ 8s out there, especially leaders in the non-profit realms.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts