Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am still trying to figure out what type I am, but I have a strong hunch (Ni in its process?) that I am this type. I am still trying to fully understand how Se is manifested because I believe I have had it suppressed for a long time.

When I was little, there was a click and point computer game I used to play, and the graphics were such that you can only move to designated spots already designed by the game. Meaning if you see something in the background, i.e. a forrest or a castle, you cannot go there.

I remember as a youngin' having this strong desire to see some of the background things and wishing I could go and look around. Two years ago or so, I decided to replay the game for the fun of it (I know this sounds like Si...but could be just natural human nostalgia. May not be in my functional stack). It re-awoken all the feelings of the need to go into the castle, to go visit the desert I see yonder, to look around in the village I suspect this place is apart of. Could this be "Se" in the "need for new experiences"? I would suspect Ne itself to already create the rest of the world entirely, not simply hold in the desire.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Uh, not really. Se would go to an actual desert to see if it's as good as the game.

Sounds like basic nostalgia tbf

·
Registered
344 Posts
I remember as a youngin' having this strong desire to see some of the background things and wishing I could go and look around. Two years ago or so, I decided to replay the game for the fun of it (I know this sounds like Si...but could be just natural human nostalgia. May not be in my functional stack). It re-awoken all the feelings of the need to go into the castle, to go visit the desert I see yonder, to look around in the village I suspect this place is apart of. Could this be "Se" in the "need for new experiences"? I would suspect Ne itself to already create the rest of the world entirely, not simply hold in the desire.
If anything, this sounds like Ne/Si, nostalgia aside. If I'm playing a game, I want to beat the game. If a portion of the map is unexplorable than it is irrelevant especially since the experience to be gained here is accomplishing the missions in the game. I think the desire to explore and get lost in an open ended fantasy world is overall more Ne driven.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
If anything, this sounds like Ne/Si, nostalgia aside. If I'm playing a game, I want to beat the game. If a portion of the map is unexplorable than it is irrelevant especially since the experience to be gained here is accomplishing the missions in the game. I think the desire to explore and get lost in an open ended fantasy world is overall more Ne driven.
Yeah, I agree with that. When I play a game, I want to beat it and I'll only give up if it's impossible or shit because I'll be thinking about the money I spent on it :laughing:

Reactions: Hunter1611

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really?! I would think anyone would be like me in this game haha. The character walked up to a moat in this game- so you literally saw part of the castle in front of your eyes- in order to get something from a monster that lived under the moat. Of course, with click and point, you do nothing but stand there and interact with the monster/figure out how to get what you need from it. But there's a freaking castle there!! I would think anyone would be all "Oh man, it'd be so cool to walk around and see what's going on". I thought a Ne type would completely envision the place already in their mind and think "Meh no need to go see it. I have everything I need up in the ol' noggin"

Food for thought- Why else would games like Grand Theft Auto be popular? It's all about running around the streets of LA and doing whatever the hell you want, damn the police. Hell, if you want to bungie jump from a plane, you can. Or take a hit from a bong. Lmao.
(Granted I ended up hating the game cuz I kept getting killed. Lol)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yeah, I agree with that. When I play a game, I want to beat it and I'll only give up if it's impossible or shit because I'll be thinking about the money I spent on it
Ha ha, yeah. Although I don't think the cost of the game is ever a factor for me.. Since it's a game.. it's supposed to be fun. If it's not fun, there's no point in wasting my time in addition to my money. So if it loses it's thrill, I'll quit playing. I typically like to beat a game that I've started though.

·
Registered
ISFP 9w8
191 Posts
If I'm playing a game, I want to beat the game. If a portion of the map is unexplorable than it is irrelevant especially since the experience to be gained here is accomplishing the missions in the game.
I agree. I think that Se is more concerned with the action you're doing in that moment so you don't wonder about "what could be here or there" :proud:
I am still trying to fully understand how Se is manifested
Generally Se is about enjoying the external world (example: if you go to the sea you mostly think how soft is the sand, how fresh is the water, how pleasant is the wind and so on. Simply physical reactions), reacting or simply shaping quickly to the external world.
Now I'll give you a stupid example of how maybe I use my Se: I'm learning how to drive a car, I'm very anxious before I get in the car (maybe my stupid Ni who makes me think about the worst scenario?) but as soon as I sit I really don't think about anything else, just to drive. The first times I drove I noticed that if my instructor tried to explain me something I couldn't fully understand what he said because I am only concerned with driving safely my car.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Really?! I would think anyone would be like me in this game haha. The character walked up to a moat in this game- so you literally saw part of the castle in front of your eyes- in order to get something from a monster that lived under the moat. Of course, with click and point, you do nothing but stand there and interact with the monster/figure out how to get what you need from it. But there's a freaking castle there!! I would think anyone would be all "Oh man, it'd be so cool to walk around and see what's going on". I thought a Ne type would completely envision the place already in their mind and think "Meh no need to go see it. I have everything I need up in the ol' noggin"

Food for thought- Why else would games like Grand Theft Auto be popular? It's all about running around the streets of LA and doing whatever the hell you want, damn the police. Hell, if you want to bungie jump from a plane, you can. Or take a hit from a bong. Lmao.
Meh. I can definitely appreciate a nice view, image, or graphic, or whatever, but the most the scenery in a video game gets out of me is "heh, that's pretty." And then I move on... (Obviously you can substitute 'pretty' with 'cool' or any word one might use to describe something)
Honestly, I haven't played Grand Theft Auto so I wouldn't know. I'm pretty sure all of the video game exploring would feed the Ne user's.... Ne.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Now I'll give you a stupid example of how maybe I use my Se: I'm learning how to drive a car, I'm very anxious before I get in the car (maybe my stupid Ni who makes me think about the worst scenario?) but as soon as I sit I really don't think about anything else, just to drive. The first times I drove I noticed that if my instructor tried to explain me something I couldn't fully understand what he said because I am only concerned with driving safely my car.
Yeah, Se users zone completely into the moment. I might stress out in advance but in the moment, much less so. If there are enough distractions or other things to focus on, stress easily melts away.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I definitely do that when I'm driving Lol. If I am a Ne, then I'm definitely really terrible at using it. I think adulthood made me think more "It is what it is because x, y, and z. There's no other way of seeing it".

·
Registered
ISFP 9w8
191 Posts
Yeah, Se users zone completely into the moment. I might stress out in advance but in the moment, much less so. If there are enough distractions or other things to focus on, stress easily melts away.
Yes, it's the same for me
I definitely do that when I'm driving Lol.
I'm glad I'm not the only one ahahah
If I am a Ne, then I'm definitely really terrible at using it. I think adulthood made me think more "It is what it is because x, y, and z. There's no other way of seeing it".
Uhm, anyway what you recalled was just a specific situation of your childhood. I don't think that's enough to say that you use Ne :happy:

·
The spirit of the spirits
11,311 Posts
In GTA I like to ride in cars and crash them. GTA 5 sucks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts