Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am good in most things I put my mind to....but I can never stop and say, I think that is enough.

I have an insatiable appetite for knowledge of myself and surroundings, affection from people, and acknowledgement from higher-ups. Every time I think I have understood myself enough to move on I want to know more and why I'm this way.

Dont' get me wrong, I love life and I'm extremely grateful in situations many others complain about. But I feel so metaphorically hungry all the time. Why settle for 100% when I can give someone 150% of my effort. I feel like if I'm going to make an impact on my surroundings I still need to be better faster smarter and stronger. But of course I don't expect this of other people, but I do love it when they strive like that.

Anyone else feel like this?:confused:

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I am good in most things I put my mind to....but I can never stop and say, I think that is enough.

I have an insatiable appetite for knowledge of myself and surroundings, affection from people, and acknowledgement from higher-ups. Every time I think I have understood myself enough to move on I want to know more and why I'm this way.

Dont' get me wrong, I love life and I'm extremely grateful in situations many others complain about. But I feel so metaphorically hungry all the time. Why settle for 100% when I can give someone 150% of my effort. I feel like if I'm going to make an impact on my surroundings I still need to be better faster smarter and stronger. But of course I don't expect this of other people, but I do love it when they strive like that.

Anyone else feel like this?:confused:
I'm more confused over "metaphorically hungry". We are ENFPs here. We speak Ne. We would have understood. :tongue:

And yes, I drive myself pretty hard. Especially in the past. I would constantly hear "Why do you try so hard?" Now, I've just learned to keep it to myself. I don't need the outside validation as much. And self-knowledge will forever be one of my most cherished quests.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whew, thats good to hear
And I figured if I said I was hungry all the time it would convey just about all the wrong reasons :crazy:

I wear myself out though, I wish I was more consistent. Just about the least desirable thing I can think of is flakey-ness. Or the vibe of insecurity I'm probably giving off.

Also, are you living in the US? Because if you are I was wondering if you realized how late it is. (much too)

There's just so many things that are going on in my head and so little time to spew it out onto the keyboard.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Whew, thats good to hear
And I figured if I said I was hungry all the time it would convey just about all the wrong reasons :crazy:

I wear myself out though, I wish I was more consistent. Just about the least desirable thing I can think of is flakey-ness. Or the vibe of insecurity I'm probably giving off.

Also, are you living in the US? Because if you are I was wondering if you realized how late it is. (much too)

There's just so many things that are going on in my head and so little time to spew it out onto the keyboard.
Hmmm.... Yes I live in the U.S. but I just ran earlier so my mind is not racing as much.

I used to care about flakiness but then I learned to embrace it. Self acceptance is key.:tongue: However, I don't ever like to pull out from my goals.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yes I get that completely to the point it drives me insane and I spend more time stewing on that than actually doing anything LOL! yes i think its pretty normal for ENFPs...I cant wait to meet a compatible partner for ENFP, all the guys ive been with haven't got me at all and just think Im mad, long to be appreciated and understood and ADMIRED for being like that....Not, oh that's just Pie she's a bit mad! lol

·
Registered
250 Posts
Welcome to the ENFP farm! You are 100% normal by our definition.:laughing:

My quest for knowledge and understanding is what I would call insatiable. I generally don't suffer with any addictions as such and am quite balanced (although my close friends and family would most likely disagree)...but hey what do they know! But the thirst for knowledge is unbelievable...

I am also grateful for the fact that i tend to get stuff quite well; except if it's more in STJ details format- then forget it. I'll get a whopping headache! But I will figure it eventually!

Affection from people also goes with the ENFP territory although as I've aged and have a family of my own; this has shifted and is more balanced these days. But if loved ones or those I care about cut me off...it hurts to the core and if I've done something to really offend them (usually accidentally) OMG- I just die inside. Cut off the affection and...just don't! Yell at me, scream and shout or whatever...but hey I said I am sorry! Yes I meant what I said but those feelings were then, not now...get it? :laughing:Hey but now I want a hug and what are you all bent up about...this is now and that was then - OK...ten minutes ago!:laughing:

Like I said...welcome!

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Well this topic is pretty epic if I may say so myself?! Yeah, I am constantly driven to find out things, I love the quest for knowledge; and also I can't help but try and explore and plumb the depths of myself. I drive myself very hard for the things I love, and I'm really glad I do. I've achieved a fair few dreams in my life, but I have thousands more. I have more dreams than I can ever bring to fruition. My bookshelves overflow with books, I own an eReader now, and my eBook collection grows almost daily. I not only can't stop, I don't actually want to stop. I adore exploring things to their cores and I have become very opinionated and impassioned about many things. I have an inner child that honestly seeks out knowledge but can't seem to stop wanting to have fun. I don't know where I get the energy levels I have from.

I'm superb with theory and rhetoric, although hard-headed minutiae I abhor. My strongest subjects were always English Literature and Classics, where I was able to explore concepts and ideas, rather than learn hard and fast rules. I respect scientists no end, but physics and maths are beyond my somewhat elementary grasp. I am best when given free rein to play with words and notions. I don't think I could ever slake this thirst for ideas and knowledge.

As regards the quest for the person who honestly loves and appreciates us ENFPs, I would say that they are rare. We are often too understanding, too caring from the outset. I know that I will look past many an insecurity in a woman to help validate her in the belief that she might one day be all that I can see she can be. The life of infinite possibilities and my own inner sanctum where thinking of what more entertaining possibilities (last one being, what if the universe made an administrative error and delivered karmic retribution that I didn't deserve, would I get a refund?) could be. Most people think I'm a bit mad. Indeed, many of my friends say that I am wise beyond my years and many honestly respect my ability to seemingly grasp "complex" ideas so swiftly. When Aristotle said that "no genius is untouched by a hint of madness", I am certain he was unwittingly describing ENFPs :wink: :laughing: :crazy::tongue:

·
Registered
ENFP
4,206 Posts
Yes- I strive to be well-rounded. I love learning. I love exploring. I love culture. I love people. I love life. I love the excitement of change and experiencing something new, but I also need to balance that out by being okay with things that aren't.

Basically, I know if I go overboard on pushing myself way too much, I lose track of what's in front of me- so I learned to appreciate the little things and enjoy it for what it is, because if it's gone tomorrow then there won't be anything left to remember of it..

So yes- forward direction, but looking back, and appreciating the positive strengths and memories associated with how I 'used to be,' so I can move on to learn more.' It's my inspiration in a way. If this makes any sense..

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the awesome feedback. I saw this on best fit type and one of the ENFP descriptions fit me to a T.

I thought this was helpful.
"Seek to have ideal relationships. Recognize happiness. Living out stories. Want to authentically live with themselves. Respond to insights in the creative process. Finding the magical situation. Restless hunger for discovering their direction."

·
Registered
392 Posts
Definitely ENFP. You guys are awesome! You make my head spin, but you're awesome!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts