Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I'm having problems with typing myself, so bear with me...I think I'm in average-unhealthy range, so that makes it even harder

- do type six people feel that everybody thinks that they are smarter than the six person, for example, regardless of a person's emotional instability and lack of understanding and intelligence, that person somehow gets to have the upper hand in a convesation and feels morally and psychologically superior

-do six people nod in compliance of something when they talk to friends, even though they feel inner turmoil and don't particularly agree and don't know where they stand or they know exactly where they stand, but still, they don't want to allienate the person, and on the way home or in the bus they get more and more frustrated, angry, guilty, and feel like a hypocrite

-don't wat anything to do with their quasi friends one minute, but feel lonely, abandoned when nobody calls them for a couple of days

- detest when people are late, or when they conveniently forget to show up, and when that person shows up, they smile and say, it's no big deal, but again, on their way home start feeling increasingly frustrated with themselves, feel disrespected and inferior, and vent to everybody else, except the person involved

that's it for now...

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I've felt all of those. I'm a 6w5. I don't handle stuff that I have to do but don't want to do very well. I have to go to the dentist in less than one hour and remove my first wisdom tooth. I've been thinking about it since 2 weeks ago. lol

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, I hope things went ok at the dentist...i hate my teeth person, she always manages to scrape my tongue with her drill and then she tells me not to move, are you serious lady, it's called reflex

anyway, how about this...sometimes I buy a shirt or a dress and I know my mother is not going to like it, so I hide it and pretend I didn't buy anything, I wash it manually so she doesn't see it, and I always wear sth else when I have doubts about her being home and seein this shirt, yeah I'm 25 btw :sad:

one time I had too much to drink, votka or whatever, and in my drunken state I was afraid that my parents will figure it out (ya know, that I'm a lush and all that) so I poured some 70% alcohol in the votka bottle...but then in the morning my dad wanted to drink it, and said bring the votka hither....I started to feel really guilty, I mean, i tried it, it wasn't that bad, but definitely stronger than the normal stuff, so I sort of set the bottle on the edge of the counter and it fell and broke, my father was a bit angry but not nearly as much as he would have been had he known the whole troof

my best friend said something to me about me being sexually repressed or whatever, which I just laughed off during the conversation, but then, after walking home, my head just wanted to explode from anger and frustration so I sort of, kind of chuked my cell phone in the sewer on purpose, my reasoning at the time was fuck you X, I'll make sure you never text me again you big ugly .... so I had to get a new cell phone in a week or so, and I of course I still hang out with this person

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I can't really relate to any of that...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't really relate to any of that...
Hm...so does this mean that you don't think this kind of behaviour is typical for 6ish people and I should just look into another type, or you just never related to any of this because you're, like, really heathy and stuff?

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I'm not sure about that. I'm only 17, so I don't know how I could have reached such a level of health at this point. Plus, the idea of health levels in enneagram is not something I know much about.

Really, it's just that not all sixes will be 'neurotic' and not all people who are slightly neurotic will be sixes.
I may not be very internally or externally neurotic most of the time, but my six-ness manifests itself mostly in an attitude of wanting to do things my own way or wanting to choose my own path and make my own decisions. That results in revealing little to people about some of my decisions out of not wanting them to make me go another way and also in being stubborn when I do make a decision for myself. If I dissect that, it's that I mostly trust myself and doubt others. But keep in mind that I'm a 6w5 rather than a 6w7, and at that, I think I'm a 6w5(5w4). It's easier for me to just stay on my path and to debate any suggestions people make right on the spot and to continue on my own path that feels more certain.
I don't actually start feeling neurotic unless someone starts trying to force me to do something without reasoning or whatever else.

Though again, 6w5 and 6w7 are pretty different.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
ok I'm having problems with typing myself, so bear with me...I think I'm in average-unhealthy range, so that makes it even harder

- do type six people feel that everybody thinks that they are smarter than the six person, for example, regardless of a person's emotional instability and lack of understanding and intelligence, that person somehow gets to have the upper hand in a convesation and feels morally and psychologically superior

-do six people nod in compliance of something when they talk to friends, even though they feel inner turmoil and don't particularly agree and don't know where they stand or they know exactly where they stand, but still, they don't want to allienate the person, and on the way home or in the bus they get more and more frustrated, angry, guilty, and feel like a hypocrite

-don't wat anything to do with their quasi friends one minute, but feel lonely, abandoned when nobody calls them for a couple of days

- detest when people are late, or when they conveniently forget to show up, and when that person shows up, they smile and say, it's no big deal, but again, on their way home start feeling increasingly frustrated with themselves, feel disrespected and inferior, and vent to everybody else, except the person involved

that's it for now...
Hi Audrey.

I'm thinking that some of these things could indicate nine-ish issues (but looking at it again, any type can really display these kind of tendencies). Have you looked up anything on type 9? or perhaps 2?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Audrey.

I'm thinking that some of these things could indicate nine-ish issues (but looking at it again, any type can really display these kind of tendencies). Have you looked up anything on type 9? or perhaps 2?
Yes, I thought I was a 9 for awhile, but I don't really relate to descriptions of this beautiful type. A healthy 9 represents an ideal human being for me. However, 9 is in a positive outlook group, and I myself tend to be, well, rather pessimistic most of the time. I don't really look on the bright side of life, and I don't ignore negative stuff. On the contrary, I usually blow things out of proportion. Even in the lower average levels, 9s seem to be complacent, oblivious and just plod along contentedly while ignoring their problems. Ignoring my problems seems impossible for me to do.

2 is possible I suppose, even though I don't really feel like reaching out or helping people much. Twoish people seem to think that they know what's best for others, and I don't even know what's best for myself, let alone other people. So..I just don't have that prideful, meddling arrogance that seems to characterize average to unhealthy 2s.

I guess more reading and introspection lies ahead.

Thanks for your help. :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts