Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Very very generally speaking, Ti tends to prefer knowledge for knowledge's sake, wanting a consistant understanding of things. Te sacrifices the depth of knowledge, and tends to seek practical knowledge.

NeTi people are more prone to playing with ideas to get to a subjective truth. NiTe will usually tell you there's no truth, or that it's irrelevant or all in perspective and it's what can be done with the ideas and information.

I suppose you could say NeTi is more detached, using ideas as an end rather than means to an end.

The differences between E and I can usually be simplified to breadth versus depth.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Ne/Ti appears more detached on the surface because that's just the nature of having Ne from what I have seen.

Reactions: amnorvend

·
Registered
749 Posts
Very very generally speaking, Ti tends to prefer knowledge for knowledge's sake, wanting a consistant understanding of things. Te sacrifices the depth of knowledge, and tends to seek practical knowledge.

NeTi people are more prone to playing with ideas to get to a subjective truth. NiTe will usually tell you there's no truth, or that it's irrelevant or all in perspective and it's what can be done with the ideas and information.

I suppose you could say NeTi is more detached, using ideas as an end rather than means to an end.

The differences between E and I can usually be simplified to breadth versus depth.
This has thrown a wrench in things a bit for me. Now I'm real sure I'm Ti dominant, and I feel that all truth is subjective and really depends on the upbringing, ie, experiences of the individual, and that's what I regard as the truth and know to be a largely armchair doctrine. I feel as though there really is no truth, and that's the truth. So does that make me more Te-ish than I thought myself to be? I'm a fairly action oriented person and I'm right there in the fray with some people at my work I know to be ENTJs. Except when a problem comes about I feel like my Ne lays out the solutions immediately and my Ti picks the best one. Where as the ENTJs Te seems to throw out the solutions and their Ni chooses the best one. The difference I've noticed is that with my Ne providing the options they always tend to be new ideas and some of them are now being used by my ENTJ friends, and the ENTJs always tend to go with the established route, which is sometimes my route now :laughing:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Assuming we're talking about introverts, this is true. Extraverts are a totally different deal though. Te is just as concerned with there being absolute truth as Ti is. It's just a question of how you arrive at it. Likewise, Ne is just as concerned with the truth being mutable as Ni is.

To answer the question more directly, I think that INTPs and ENTJs are the most "detached" albeit in different ways ("where am I again?" vs " I don't care if you don't think it will work, do it now!"). People who are primarily judgers are usually going to tend towards making decisions without having enough information. Perceivers might be in touch with the real world, but have difficulty drawing rational conclusions about it. Because of this, INTJs and ENTPs can end up being conspiracy theorists.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Ti/Ne - Ne - Spouting out all these ideas "what if this, what if that"
Ti - Justifying all of these possibilities with internal objective logic

Ni/Te - Ni - Aha! I am inclined to believe that this is the way it will be/work.
Te - justifies the idea by objectively organizing a system that shows it in the external world.

I am inclined to think Ti/Ne might be slightly more detached.

1. because they skip from one thing to the next to the next, creating a non grounded effect.

2. because the internal justification method is not shown,seen & shared as easily as an external justification. It is tethered to the outside world once it is turned into an outside world item.

Ti/Ne moves from thing to thing before manifesting it in the external world. If reality is defined by how many other people can see it too, than Te would be more grounded in reality... I don't necessarily agree with that definition of reality though. :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts