Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
INFP
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Hope you are all well. If you are from Vancouver please share your experience. As an INFP-HSP, where else would you live in Canada or around the world and why. Will be interesting to see if there is a lot of similar feedback. Bye for now.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
What's an INFP-HSP?

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w6 (Sp/Sx) 593
1,291 Posts
Not an INFP, but I used to live in the area when I was younger.
Typically, the people down there are more emotionally-minded (at least compared to where I live now).
Vancouver is a big place, and no doubt, you’ll find people there that you will associate with.

It is however, a festering ground for more left-wing ideologies. As is the situation with most of the bigger cities in Canada. I noticed that difference after I moved away.
If those ideologies fit your value system, then that’s great. But if not (and if you are a highly sensitive person), prepare to either keep those sentiments to yourself, or be prepared to argue with people.

I would personally recommend Chilliwack, British Columbia. It is a lot quieter, and people keep to themselves more.
It is also focused on the arts. There is also a music movement in the city, and one of the oldest bookstores (at least 112 years old) in North America is located there. I think an INFP will prefer that city more.

Reactions: secondpassing

·
Registered
INFP
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not an INFP, but I used to live in the area when I was younger.
Typically, the people down there are more emotionally-minded (at least compared to where I live now).
Vancouver is a big place, and no doubt, you’ll find people there that you will associate with.

It is however, a festering ground for more left-wing ideologies. As is the situation with most of the bigger cities in Canada. I noticed that difference after I moved away.
If those ideologies fit your value system, then that’s great. But if not (and if you are a highly sensitive person), prepare to either keep those sentiments to yourself, or be prepared to argue with people.

I would personally recommend Chilliwack, British Columbia. It is a lot quieter, and people keep to themselves more.
It is also focused on the arts. There is also a music movement in the city, and one of the oldest bookstores (at least 112 years old) in North America is located there. I think an INFP will prefer that city more.
Many thanks for your reply. Great to get some local knowledge feedback. About to research Chilliwack and find some images of that bookstore (sounds amazing). Do you generally find your profile is a good fit for where you are living now, compared to Vancouver or do you think a better place awaits you ?

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629 sp/sx
1,623 Posts
I would assume that the Pacific Northwest is rather similar. I'm in Portland and I feel like it's a nice place for INFPs. I think our type tends to be liberal and stuff, and a little hippy. Vancouver has nice green trees everywhere and rain that forces people to stay home and sit by the fire. Just, the last time I went to Vancouver, it was rather felt a bit more crowded than I would have preferred, the adjacent city, Richmond, also felt the same way. Looking at Google Maps reveals that Vancouver is right next to the river and it seems the river impedes land use, making the city more crowded there.

Another user on this site told me about a city close to Portland, and that it was somehow more hip. Smaller towns usually mean a slower pace of life and less financial pressures, so if Chilliwack is to Vancouver as that city was to Portland, I would recommend Chilliwack.

·
Registered
INFP
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would assume that the Pacific Northwest is rather similar. I'm in Portland and I feel like it's a nice place for INFPs. I think our type tends to be liberal and stuff, and a little hippy. Vancouver has nice green trees everywhere and rain that forces people to stay home and sit by the fire. Just, the last time I went to Vancouver, it was rather felt a bit more crowded than I would have preferred, the adjacent city, Richmond, also felt the same way. Looking at Google Maps reveals that Vancouver is right next to the river and it seems the river impedes land use, making the city more crowded there.

Another user on this site told me about a city close to Portland, and that it was somehow more hip. Smaller towns usually mean a slower pace of life and less financial pressures, so if Chilliwack is to Vancouver as that city was to Portland, I would recommend Chilliwack.
Another vote for Chilliwack - noted. Was just exploring Portland on google maps. I know we all end up taking for granted where we live but as an INFP is it fair to say that you spend every available waking hour at Port Japanese Garden and the surrounding area - INFP paradise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts