Personality Cafe banner

Is your current job one that is recommended for your type?

• Yes, my current job is recommended for my type, and I like it.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Yes, my current job is recommended for my type, and I feel neutral about it.

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Yes, my current job is recommended for my type, but I hate it.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • No, my current job is not recommended for my type, but I like it.

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • No, my current job is not recommended for my type, and I feel neutral about it.

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • No, my current job is not recommended for my type, and I hate it.

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
But I also work as a Volunteer at Charity Shop of British Heart Foundation. I was made to work there so I can boost my confidence.
That's awesome haha. I'm self-studying for a career shift into web development and I work parttime at BHF. I also volunteered when I was 17 (28 now.. Jesus) your store opened yet? Mine is in 2 weeks. Can't wait to get back. It's such a lovely environment to work.

It's a great environment to volunteer to get experience because it's relatively laid back, and you can see the whole process of how profit is made, from clothes donated, through to the sorting room, assessments, pricing, display arrangements, and a bit of sales and customer interaction as well.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
No, my day job is actually one of the named clashing careers with my personality type, and I suffer for it, regularly. It's not the people, or the attitude, just purely the job itself. Wish I knew about MBTI when I was young.Fortunately, have formed a life outside of day job that I love.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Working with a manual agriculture project is nothing that I would had necessarely associated with my type. Not even remotely. But this is where I found happiness. Our project is totally irrevant for changing anything anywhere at all towards improvement. Its just resources to live on and exchange for other minor goods. But the lightness of it, the simplicity of it, and the joy that these people doing it extract from successes in it reminds me of what Diogenes had found. When all glory, fame and power becomes less than admiring the nature as a creation. While doing what none praises, as all what other praise left you empty.

I look myself in a broken mirror, and see someone who has cuts in ones palms, but this time, they are from producing, instead of destroying. And that I like. And socially, because they do not know my past, I think they like me back, too. Let that prevail as long as possible. And let the land feed us.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts