Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
depends what I'm watching. If it's something I like, then yes, my face tends to be animated and it's really embarrassing if I realize someone is watching me. But if I find what I'm watching boring, my face is pretty neutral.

4,926 Posts
I have hardcore bitchy resting face. It almost always sits somewhere between neutral and disgusted when I'm not with friends.
Same for me. I used to always get comments on it at school, and out and about. 'Smile' is very common. Urgh..

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
typically animated. also pretty vocal. Expressing how i feel is second nature, and it just escapes from the confines of my body when I'm not focusing on containing it. My friends get a kick out of watching things with me when I'm seeing it for the first time.

"WHAt???" "no WAY. NO way. they're not gonna kill him off. they can't. there's a second, so they just can't. D:" "gasp" "they did D:" *practically on the verge of tears*

I get very into it...

The above isn't true if i'm watching something boring, or am watching in order to learn. If learning, I think i typically either have blank concentration or a quizzical brow here and there.

If i'm at a theater, my noise is restricted but the expressions will still be there. I literally find myself trembling when I watch something suspenseful/nerve-wracking. My laughs are hard to contain in any setting. (one time i laughed as i was passing by my sister watching her tv show, and it caught a glimpse of this super-cheesy mermaid scene, which i found amusing, but apparently it was supposed to be a really serious scene, and my sis got so offended >.> ... )

My mother actually is quite similar. I remember noticing very early on how she, in a rather gullible way, would react so strongly to the happenings of the screen. It wasn't until I was in high school that i noticed how i'm the exact same way.

·
PerC Mermaid
23,481 Posts
ANIMATED! I even clap and talk to the tv :unsure:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am not sure, but I think I make faces throughout.
Very animated, unfortunately. My face usually mirrors the emotions of the characters and I don't even notice that most of the time...:frustrating:
I usually notice it when I hear people around me. I 'check' my state so if someone were to walk in I 'appear' normal. Usually that's the time I notice I'm making a face, of feeling what the characters are transmitting/ feeling themselves. Is this a characteristic of empathy? I kinda think it just might be..

·
Registered
9,017 Posts
I usually notice it when I hear people around me. I 'check' my state so if someone were to walk in I 'appear' normal. Usually that's the time I notice I'm making a face, of feeling what the characters are transmitting/ feeling themselves. Is this a characteristic of empathy? I kinda think it just might be..
I am pretty sure it's empathy, yes. I don't think I mimic TV characters, but I bet you can tell whom I like or dislike while I am watching them.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Very animated, unfortunately. My face usually mirrors the emotions of the characters and I don't even notice that most of the time...:frustrating:
I do this too if it's something that connects with me (television or films, doesn't matter). Sometimes, if I rewatch them, it's more intense, especially if I didn't get as much of a reaction the first time.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I tried to look at my own face while watching TV and it did not work...

Reactions: Emerald Legend
1 - 20 of 37 Posts