Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an ISFJ and an Enneagram Type 5 (possibly 5w6) but apparently it's really rare and I can't seem to find anyone who also fits these two types.

Is anyone else here an ISFJ and Type 5?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Is anyone else here an ISFJ and Type 5?
I've considered that I might be a Si-Fe type, but only in the Socionics system and only through a process of elimination, not because I find that type particularly relatable. I'm definitely not an "SJ" in the Keirsey-derived sense, but Socionics SEI (Si-Fe type) lacks the traditionalism and love of structure that is commonly attributed to that temperament. In any case, I don't see why being a Fe-creative would contradict being a Five, at least any more than being a social subtype or a Four-winger would contradict being a core-Five.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've read about a connection between type 5 and Ti, so I would picture an ISFJ 5 as having well developed introverted thinking. I think those Enneagram stereotypes, 5s can only be extreme introverts and 7s or 8s extreme extroverts, make it hard for people to find their type. Look at the fears, desires and key motivations that drive and shape you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wouln't say it's impossible, just rare. Anyway, have you considered 6w5? Maybe you have a really strong 5 wing.

·
Registered
I demand the return of the crazy face! :crazy:
2,050 Posts
I've considered that I might be a Si-Fe type, but only in the Socionics system and only through a process of elimination, not because I find that type particularly relatable. I'm definitely not an "SJ" in the Keirsey-derived sense, but Socionics SEI (Si-Fe type) lacks the traditionalism and love of structure that is commonly attributed to that temperament. In any case, I don't see why being a Fe-creative would contradict being a Five, at least any more than being a social subtype or a Four-winger would contradict being a core-Five.
Yeah the Keirsey "SJ" temperament is more Te-oriented which doesn't really make sense for an SEI or ESE type. As you seem to know, Si has nothing to do with traditionalism or structure, both of those require judgments and structure especially is usually associated with a thinking/logic function, while Si is a perceiving function. So it's pretty much categorically wrong. Maybe it could be said that Si egos prefer homeostasis and are less naturally inclined to trying new things, but that is as far as I would go, and that is already very different from traditionalism or structure.

Anyway I've seen lots of IEI 5s so I don't see why an SEI couldn't be a 5 also :) Maybe this would be a more socially reserved SEI (all SEIs are by definition introverts, but social behavior doesn't map exactly to cognitive intro/extraversion) who emphasizes Ti HA more than, say, an SEI 2.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i'd definitely look into why you think you're a fe-user and why you think you're a 5

make sure you're not just simplifying to "fe=nice" and "5=curious"

enneagram is about your fears and a good enneagram description is always a negative one. Do you relate to the fears and weaknesses of a 5?

But i'm an infp 5 and there are people who say that that combination can't exist so y'know... it's possible

1 - 13 of 13 Posts