Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I can't think of any specific types of jokes off the top of my head. I'll have to get to you on that when something surfaces.

What I will say is that I tend to take things literally.

I like these kinds of jokes:
The cabbage says to the oil and vinegar "Dress me!"

The vinegar says "I'm sorry you won't lettuce." :crazy:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Douglas Adams said:
The creature that kills the most people each year is the common Wombat. It is nearly as ridiculous as its name, and spends its life digging holes in the ground, in which it hides. During the night it comes out to eat worms and grubs. The wombat kills people in two ways: First, the animal is indestructible. Digging holes in the hard Australian clay builds muscles that outclass Olympic weight lifters. At night, they often wander the roads. Semi-trailers (Road Trains) have hit them at high speed, with all 9 wheels on one side, and this merely makes them very annoyed. They express this by snorting, glaring, and walking away. Alas, to smaller cars, the wombat becomes a symmetrical launching pad, with results that can be imagined, but not adequately described. The second way the wombat kills people relates to its burrowing behaviour. If a person happens to put their hand down a Wombat hole, the Wombat will feel the disturbance and think “Ho! My hole is collapsing!” at which it will brace its muscled legs and push up against the roof of its burrow with incredible force, to prevent its collapse. Any unfortunate hand will be crushed, and attempts to withdraw will cause the Wombat to simply bear down harder. The unfortunate will then bleed to death through their crushed hand as the wombat prevents him from seeking assistance. This is considered the third most embarrassing known way to die, and Australians don’t talk about it much.
Douglas Adams' Austrailia

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Puns and wordplay for sure.

I also like people playing on stereotypes and cliches. Like the Boys are stupid franchise, or Harry Enfield's 'Women, know your limits' Like very mild cultural trolling.

Sardonic humour maybe?

Also slightly rediculous humour - Farscape.

I did a humour test and I think I got...clean but dark, something like that.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Puns and wordplay for sure.

I also like people playing on stereotypes and cliches. Like the Boys are stupid franchise, or Harry Enfield's 'Women, know your limits' Like very mild cultural trolling.

Sardonic humour maybe?

Also slightly rediculous humour - Farscape.

I did a humour test and I think I got...clean but dark, something like that.
100% agree with you there. Especially the "very mild cultural trolling." Me and my ISFJ friend always joke about sexism and racism things (since I'm asian, and she's a female...), but it's always light-hearted, never serious (which is redundant, I know, since they're jokes :crazy:)

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Bill Hicks - Pretty much number one for me. I liked how realistic he was and how he never held back, he spoke an unspoken truth that a lot of people around the world tipped their hats to and others that were simply left stunned by. I don't mind humour that is a reflection of just how stupid the human race can be... and highlighting our contradictions and faults. It's intellectual, educational, real and amusing.. pretty much a diehard fan of his.

Rik Mayall - Probably the first real comedian I sat up took notice of and got addicted to. I feel that Rik never held back and while he was doing Bottom you could see the sweat pouring from him.. he gave it everything and everything that came out of his mouth (as vile as it could be at times) was simply hilarious.

The Mighty Boosh - I also like humour that is just so stupid it's almost not funny. These guys are very creative and abstract at times and never fail to make you roll your eyes in a loling kind of way. Very layed-back casual whatev kinda humour.

Black Adder season 4 - I love how even when he's against the wall about to be shot he is as cool headed and witty as ever, no matter what situation he is in he has several long winded insults stuffed up his sleeve to be unleashed at the drop of a hat.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Before reading any of the responses, I was going to say puns and sarcasm. HandiAce gave an excellent example of my favorite ones (btw I hate alliterations).

I guess some kind of serious-face-humor is something I find funny...? Like me being sarcastic is something not everyone gets - I don't often look or sound like I'm joking, you have to really know me to understand the things I would joke about. This creates some rather awkward moments when people think I'm serious...:dry:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'd have to say sarcasm and stereotypes. Although I will laugh at a fart & dick joke as well. For example, the show "family guy", "Futurama", and "South Park" cracks me up.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I like black humour and plays on words. My favourite funny movies are Man Bites Dog and Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead. I also really like jokes that are set up early in a book or movie and only pay off towards the end.

As for the humour in my everyday life ... well my friends all have terribly dirty minds and can see an alternate meaning in everything so that's pretty much where our humour goes -- yes we're very immature :D

Reactions: jamescarrolls

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I guess some kind of serious-face-humor is something I find funny...? Like me being sarcastic is something not everyone gets - I don't often look or sound like I'm joking, you have to really know me to understand the things I would joke about. This creates some rather awkward moments when people think I'm serious...:dry:
Totally relate. I hate that! Why can't everyone have the same great sense of humour I do? xP

·
Registered
504 Posts
Out of all the girls I know, the ISFJ's are by far the easiest to make laugh, I love making them laugh! They seem to be the only type that understands my humor fully... :tongue:

I was hanging out with an ISFJ girl last night and she laughed at every joke I made. :proud:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Out of all the girls I know, the ISFJ's are by far the easiest to make laugh...
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I get "teased" a lot about laughing at everything, but I genuinely find most jokes funny. If I find it really funny I'll tear up. That happens most times, and very easily, haha.

And PUNS! I'm so glad we're all on the same page. My world revolves around puns.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
lols............ I think puns were ruined for me by my dad growing up. He would just love to share the kind of puns that were so very it's-not-funny-so-therefore-it-comes-full-circle-back-to-funny-again! No it doesn't work like that they were just lame of the major lame variety. so very BA-BOOM-tish! followed by a collective sigh...just kidding it wasn't that bad....but close. :-/

1 - 20 of 67 Posts