Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys :proud:

I've wondered about this before, but i'm starting to question it again...I've read ISFJ profiles and whatnot, and i seem to fit in pretty nicely there, but I rarely test as an ISFJ...I tend to get INFP or INFJ...But ISFJ profiles seem to fit me pretty perfectly. The reason why i'm questioning it now is cuz i was comparing S to N on Sensing or iNtuition Preference

iNtuition characteristics
Future-focused
Sees possibilities
Inventive
Imaginative
Deep
Abstract
Idealistic
Complicated
Theoretical

Sensing characteristics
Concrete
Realistic
Lives in the present
Aware of surroundings
Notices details
Practical
Goes by senses
Factual

I'm aware of my surroundings and go by my senses...i notice details, but i'm not very good at being decisive but i do like definitive answers to things cuz i like structure...I live, planning the future...I can't stop myself...I have an idea of what i'm going to do when i grow up...what my college plans are, how many kids i want someday, and how i want my life to play out...i love coming up with new ideas and thinking and am really imaginitive (I imagine just about as often as JD in Scrubs)...I see the possibilities in things too, cuz i like being optomistic...hehe and idk if this'll help at all, but i've also tested to be 6w7-1w9-2w1 so/sx
and by the descriptions i've found of them, they seem like a fairly accurate depiction of myself ^-^'

do you think maybe i'm an isfj that uses lots of iN?

thanks in advance, guys :blushed:

·
MOTM February 2014
4,790 Posts
You sound like my mom (ISFJ) and my friend (ESFJ). ISFJs have Ne-inferior, which allows them to see possibilities. Just because one is a Sensor doesn't mean one can't have an imagination :tongue:

How are you about holidays? Do you like doing things the same year after year, or do you like switching up a little? Don't think about the details, but more about traditions such as always putting up a tree for Christmas (if you observe it) or always going to the same place to celebrate.

Do you handle change well?

How do you read people? Do you compare them to how they were before, or do you have "a feeling" that something might be happening with them?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol :proud:
How are you about holidays? Do you like doing things the same year after year, or do you like switching up a little? Don't think about the details, but more about traditions such as always putting up a tree for Christmas (if you observe it) or always going to the same place to celebrate.
hmm....well...the same songs over and over every year kinda annoys me sometimes lol...but they tend to make me nostalgic...I guess i like keeping tradition( :tongue: one year, my mom wasn't going to put up the tree cuz she said i was too old and i begged her to put it up cuz it didn't seem right without it)...yet i like switching things up a little bit...but i don't think anyone really likes being stuck in a rut :crazy: ....every christmas i spend with my family though (we switch who's hosting the family xmas party every year)

Do you handle change well?
^-^' not really all that well...i get nervous and nostalgic and dwell on the past far too much lol

How do you read people? Do you compare them to how they were before, or do you have "a feeling" that something might be happening with them?
umm...huh...i guess i always look at relationships i have with people and tend to try to keep track of how my friends, family, boyfriend and i are doing...if things aren't right, i continuously think about what's wrong and how i could fix things between us. I constantly worry about them too to different degrees(not just about relationships). I also tend to take things people say personally, whether i want to or not ^-^' . I constantly think of what other people are thinking too, i guess...I tend to compare them to how they were before too...hehe

(sorry if none of this makes sense...this is quite the mess of a response...i'm a terrible multitasker and i'm at a family party at the moment...i'll probably edit this later) :blushed:

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I've had the same problem but .. when I first noticed it and mentioned it to someone they said it's common for ISFJs to have balanced N/J. *shrugs*.
Still wish I was INFP though. :p

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:proud: Thanks, Paradigm!

and Hiccups, i just noticed that your avatar moves! I was reading what you said and it moved and i jumped :crazy: lol...is it supposed to move continuously? (my computer is well known to be really slow and not work right, so i'm wondering if maybe it can't keep your gif moving continuously or something) :mellow:

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
^^^nah it's meant to scare the bajeebes out of you ;)
It's a pic it's a pic it's a pic..ZOMG IT"S A GIF!!! *CHAnGES uuuuunderwear* ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts