Personality Cafe banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ISFJs!
The title pretty much says it all. Female ISFJs are welcome as well - I just think that we women may be more predisposed to them regardless of type.
So, what do you think?:)

EDIT: actually, I'll be even more specific:

Are there any ISFJ men who absolutely CAN NOT stand romantic movies?

·
Registered
124 Posts
If the movie has good characters, story and when I feel the romance isn't forced, then I love watching romantic movies. I don't really know a specific movie right now, but the good ones make me feel nice and fuzzy inside. :>

So, yeah, I like them.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Girl, weighing in here.

I could not stand "Bright Star." The insipid level of insane sap romantic poetic bullshit in that movie made me want to vomit. Two emo poets, emo-moping about one another? Kill me now.

I don't mind a cute romcom ("You've Got Mail," anyone?) but ... I also prefer action movies.

Quite a few IXFJ guys that I know enjoy COSTUME DRAMAS. That kind of surprised me, but ... hey, if they want to watch "Pride & Prejudice," who am I to complain?

Be interested to see what happens in this thread. Heh.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I'm trying to type someone who seems to be either ISTJ or ISFJ. He told me that he HATES romantic movies ('like what, Bridget jones?' 'Yeah, ESPECIALLY like Bridget jones'). I know it probably seems insignificant but I thought it's not something a feeler would say. But again, maybe it's him being a guy/ having a personal preference.
So I wondered if there happen to be any ISFJ men who feel that way.:)

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
It depends on what you mean by a romantic movie.

Mellow dramatic, sentimental mush? No, unless it's the funny kind (Lifetime Movie Network is my guilty pleasure). I'll have to take @angelcat's stance on that one.

As for Bridget Jone's Diary? I thought it was hilarious. Suppose I'm a female stereotype after all.

Reactions: Oh_my

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It depends on what you mean by a romantic movie.

Mellow dramatic, sentimental mush? No, unless it's the funny kind (Lifetime Movie Network is my guilty pleasure). I'll have to take @angelcat's stance on that one.

As for Bridget Jone's Diary? I thought it was hilarious. Suppose I'm a female stereotype after all.
I guess he meant all movies that include at least two scenes of people showing romantic feelings toward one another while there is slow music playing on the background. Including those where they've been chased by zombies the moment before lol.
At least lets pretend that's his definition of a romantic movie for the sake of the argument.. Because if you hate something, it's usually very subjective and you don't care about the subtleties.

But anyway, I didn't want to sway anyone toward some particular view.. So please do share your thoughts:happy:

·
Charge'n Thru The Night
14,832 Posts
Well, I'm trying to type someone who seems to be either ISTJ or ISFJ. He told me that he HATES romantic movies ('like what, Bridget jones?' 'Yeah, ESPECIALLY like Bridget jones'). I know it probably seems insignificant but I thought it's not something a feeler would say. But again, maybe it's him being a guy/ having a personal preference.
So I wondered if there happen to be any ISFJ men who feel that way.:)
there are ways to type a guy other than by the movies he watches lol xD

guess he meant all movies that include at least two scenes of people showing romantic feelings toward one another while there is slow music playing on the background. Including those where they've been chased by zombies the moment before lol.
At least lets pretend that's his definition of a romantic movie for the sake of the argument.. Because if you hate something, it's usually very subjective and you don't care about the subtleties.

But anyway, I didn't want to sway anyone toward some particular view.. So please do share your thoughts

oh if this is what you are talking about, then yea i don't mind watching it.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I'm not really a huge movie fan. I won't go out of my way to watch movies.

Yes I do like romantic movies.

But I also like horror films.

so...yeah.

·
Registered
930 Posts
actually my favorite type of movies are animated movies.

I could watch The Lion King every day :p

Disney Movies forever

and throw in some Quentin Tarantino to spice things up every once in awhile

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
actually my favorite type of movies are animated movies.

I could watch The Lion King every day :p

Disney Movies forever

and throw in some Quentin Tarantino to spice things up every once in awhile
Your Netflix queue sounds interesting.

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
ISTJ male here, I like romantic movies. Maybe not too deliberately romantic. I may not admit at times to people, but most of the time I do like the fuzzy and romantic moments in movies.

I like "When Harry Met Sally"...hmmmm..."Roxanne" is another 80s romance I quite like. "Shop Girl" is amazing too. What else? Hmmm...I saw "No Strings Attached" alone in theaters while I was on a vacation once, and I really liked that. The latest Woody Allen movie made me feel and enjoy the romantic moments. "Magic in the Moonlight".

Reactions: Oh_my

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
I guess he meant all movies that include at least two scenes of people showing romantic feelings toward one another while there is slow music playing on the background. Including those where they've been chased by zombies the moment before lol.
Oh, that was a good movie... ;)

Kidding.

Though, the movie where the zombie fell in love with the girl, after eating her boyfriend's brain, wasn't all that bad. Heh.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I liked anything with Meg Ryan. :)

I enjoy romantic movies...usually...when I actually watch them, but I don't go out of my way to watch them.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I like romance movies, but those that seem a little more serious ... like "The Notebook." Some romantic comedies are just too boring and stupid, perhaps because they are too predictable. I love no-brainer comedies, but not when they involve too much romance (The Jerk, Dumb and Dumber, The Dictator.)

·
Registered
495 Posts
I don't really enjoy romantic movies, even though they can be intriguing though, but only if they are very well made and not full of stupid clichés and poor sub-plots.

My preferred genre is thriller, especially psychological thriller. I also prefer series above movies, because everything has to be resolved in 1,5-2 hours in a movie, and writers can take as long as they want in a series. This leaves enough time for interesting sub-plots and character development.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.