Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally shared this in the main MBTI group but thought I’d post here in the INFP thread to get some feedback from typed INFPS, on if you think I could still consider NFP as a type or just go ahead and take that option off the table and stick to exploring ISFJ?

So, I’ve been untangling my mind and behaviour for some time. Initially coming to typology believing INFP fits me best but on study, reflection and external observations, ISJ (Si lead Ne inferior) I’m coming to think describes me best, my strengths and my weaknesses. I’d be curious to find out if any INFPs relate to this post I wrote or if yeah, my words do seem to fit ISJ temperament better and ISJs can relate? Also I think ISFJ would be more likely than ISTJ, I can’t see a case for me being a thinker, but maybe because I did believe I was an INFP then function wise ISTJ could make sense...anyways...that’s by the by :)

“It’s taken me all this time to realise how much I rely on and draw towards having routines and stable patterns in my life. Even on holidays (adventures) I try to have a bit of predictability in that I know what I could be doing each day and as long as I know I can go back to my room and have a cuppa before bed I’m settled and ready for the day.

I never really thought before how actually I am a stickler for control. I can go along with others plans and be freewheeling, go with their flow, but it’s with boundaries and calculated, and tends to be more out of a desire for having peace with others and accommodating the group than me being genuinely a spontaneous “woo” person.

Also I guess having routines has helped me adapt to this new normal. Add a bit of control and safety to chaos. Then again, this year was meant to be me getting out of my comfort zone- having another solo trip, being part of the operatic society, attending cons and go driving to more places.

My comfort zone seems to be based around having life be slow and steady, not too crazy and negative. A calm pleasant pace. But comfort zone has also meant I’ve been insular socially, being too afraid to put myself out there and make connections out of fear of rejection and bad feelings. I guess I also can be reserved because I do adapt to what other people are expecting which can be overwhelming, to point where I’m lost as to what my own needs and self are. So it’s been safer to socially retreat and stick to the know.

But I do feel like my life is lacking. That I’m dull and dug myself in a hole, which 2020 was meant to be the time I escaped it. Though it’s July now and I’m further in the hole, however wiser in that I know the reasons why and how I’ve trapped myself.

I’m not quite sure what to do going forwards. The future seems so scary. Everything is up in air, with work, home life, and the world in general. So I hope that in time I can work on my social life and expand my horizons 🙂”

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629
727 Posts
If you were an ISFJ then you'd be predicted to resist accepting new ideas, but I can't tell that from your post.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts