Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We thought we figured out a friend's personality type but it seems we were wrong so I'm asking for some help to maybe find out her actual type. Another friend typed her as ESFJ before but we've started to doubt it. Here are some things about her:

- If she has done something wrong or is in a fight with someone she would most likely say that she's sorry and try to work things out.
- She doesn't use people to reach her goals.
- She doesn't change her liking depending on the people she's with or careers or schools.
- If there's an assignment she dislikes she'd still do it because that's part of the education.
- She usually speaks her mind but doesn't do it harshly or in a bad way.
- Even tho she's outgoing she's a good listener and doesn't rant about herself for hours.
- She likes baking and cooking for friends and family. She'd like to study culinary.
- She likes video games, board games, movies and series.
- She likes to come up with stories for books/video games/series.
- She likes being with friends but now and then she likes to be alone.
- She's quite pessimistic and paranoid, even tho she doesn't show her paranoid side that much.
- She gives up easily and sometimes she's a bit aggressive.
- She cares about her appearance, but not in the way most people would. She doesn't wear makeup and she has her own unique clothing style.
- Even tho she has dysphasia (hard time to understand certain words and speech), she doesn't let that get in the way of doing school assignments.
- People have a hard time to understand when she's joking/sarcastic.
- She likes to tell and solve riddles.
- She get's mad/depressed if she isn't allowed to help someone.
- She's an perfectionist
- She is sensitive about being criticized or getting criticism for her work, but she still wants to hear the truth, ex; if her group of friends get high grades for their work at school and she also gets high grades but not as good as her friends she will refuse to talk and she usually appears to be mad or grumpy when this happens.
- She puts everyone else's needs before hers
- If someone has done or said something that's morally wrong according to her she will criticize the person quickly.
- She doesn't follow any strict routines.
- She loves animals, she can't stand seeing or hearing them get hurt.
- She likes basketball, soccer and other ball sports more than going to the gym to lift weights or run.
- She often imagines and comes up with different ideas and answers to history that doesn't have answers yet, ex; Atlantis, mermaids or what lies and lives on the bottom of the ocean.
- She'd rather live in a small town with less people because big crowds makes her feel uneasy.

Hope this helps you, if you'd like to ask questions feel free to do so. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
isn't she at least a J? :D
ISFJ and INTP use same functions. I'd go for ISFJ from this description. INFP least likely out of this... Why did I even suggest INFP? Hm.

·
Registered
88 Posts
ISFJ and INTP use same functions. I'd go for ISFJ from this description. INFP least likely out of this... Why did I even suggest INFP? Hm.
yeah I tried to see what made her look like an INFP but couldn't :D but yeah, I would say xSFJ, cause it says that she is outgoing but I'm not that good of typing someone else but I'm trying to learn XP

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sensitive to critisism: Fe/Fi
Predict outcome of story: Ne/Ni
Eliminate Fi with not caring for herself first: so Fe
Since Fe: Ni
Taking friends problem on themself: Typical Fe
Not in to crowds and prefer to have alone time: Ni is first

What you are describing here is an INFJ.
They doesn't always come of completely structured all the time although they are.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Honestly, she sounds like an INFJ. She doesn't strike me as being a practical, down-to-earth type, which makes me question why you think she's an ISFJ type. Also, she is definitely an introvert.

·
Registered
88 Posts

They doesn't always come of completely structured all the time although they are.
huh, didn't think of that, she doesn't remind me of my INFJ friend, then again the INFJ friend sound more like a P and has miss typed an organizer, a neat freak and a planer for a P just cause she does like to joke around and isn't that serious at times :D

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
- If she has done something wrong or is in a fight with someone she would most likely say that she's sorry and try to work things out.
Fe.
- She doesn't use people to reach her goals.
nice person
- She doesn't change her liking depending on the people she's with or careers or schools.
maybe fi maybe si maybe just not a tool
- If there's an assignment she dislikes she'd still do it because that's part of the education.
strongish Si or raised to be responsible
maybe fi maybe fe are we talking with strangers or with friends?
- Even tho she's outgoing she's a good listener and doesn't rant about herself for hours.
fe maybe
- She likes baking and cooking for friends and family. She'd like to study culinary.
type related maybe maybe not 2 enfjs i know hate it, infp&isfj love it, esfp likes it, i hate it.
- She likes video games, board games, movies and series.
i know people from wide variety of types that love this. isfj i know is the biggest geek i know
- She likes to come up with stories for books/video games/series.
maybe ne not necessary high ne either (or it would be a sad world)
- She likes being with friends but now and then she likes to be alone.
introvert i suppose
- She's quite pessimistic and paranoid, even tho she doesn't show her paranoid side that much.
well ne inferior tends to cause that trouble or mental issues
- She gives up easily and sometimes she's a bit aggressive.
well one way to interpret it is si dom ne inferior - i fucked up once i fuck up again whats the point of trying, aggressive all can be sometimes.
- She cares about her appearance, but not in the way most people would. She doesn't wear makeup and she has her own unique clothing style.
hard to say for sure. how not in the way most people would? infp i know is a hardcore gothic lolita in a city where there's like 4 of them. makeup doesn't say much either. isfj wears least makeup out of all young women i know including myself.
- Even tho she has dysphasia (hard time to understand certain words and speech), she doesn't let that get in the way of doing school assignments.
you go girl
- People have a hard time to understand when she's joking/sarcastic.
erm? maybe clumsy fe maybe fi
- She likes to tell and solve riddles.
well this usually attributed to ti which goes along with fe which she seems to be this made me think higher level Ti actually >_< hence intp
- She get's mad/depressed if she isn't allowed to help someone.
erm well fe but then if fi feels it's a right thing to do stoping them would make them feel the same
- She's a perfectionist
this usually attributed to si
- She is sensitive about being criticized or getting criticism for her work, but she still wants to hear the truth, ex; if her group of friends get high grades for their work at school and she also gets high grades but not as good as her friends she will refuse to talk and she usually appears to be mad or grumpy when this happens.
some kind of inferiority complex? maybe fe constantly comparing herself to others
- She puts everyone else's needs before hers
that would be higher fe
- If someone has done or said something that's morally wrong according to her she will criticize the person quickly.
fi or fe is her morality is based on social rules or something she believes for herself?
- She doesn't follow any strict routines.
well if we are stereotyping this could speak against si
- She loves animals, she can't stand seeing or hearing them get hurt.
many people do
- She likes basketball, soccer and other ball sports more than going to the gym to lift weights or run.
team sports fe i guess
- She often imagines and comes up with different ideas and answers to history that doesn't have answers yet, ex; Atlantis, mermaids or what lies and lives on the bottom of the ocean.
ne
- She'd rather live in a small town with less people because big crowds makes her feel uneasy.
Ixxx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maybe fi maybe fe are we talking with strangers or with friends?

fi or fe is her morality is based on social rules or something she believes for herself?
mostly with friends, she sometimes lies to strangers cause she doesn't know them and she doesn't know what to say so that she wouldn't hurt them

social rules

maybe if I explain her paranoid side if it would help:
- she usually doesn't make plans with her friends, her friends are the ones who invites her cause she's scared that they secretly hate her and they are just trying to be friendly by saying yes
- she's scared to end up being alone
- she has trouble trusting other people, but she's kind of getting over it cause she's starting to tell some things about her that she wouldn't have said before

there is probably more but she doesn't talk about it a lot

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
ow yeah Fe. I stand by ISFJ.

Reactions: Satratara

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Honestly, she sounds like an INFJ. She doesn't strike me as being a practical, down-to-earth type, which makes me question why you think she's an ISFJ. Also, she is definitely an introvert.
could you please explain to me why she's an INFJ? she thinks that she's more Fe than Ni

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Honestly, she sounds like an INFJ. She doesn't strike me as being a practical, down-to-earth type, which makes me question why you think she's an ISFJ. Also, she is definitely an introvert.
Myth. Some of the most creative, loveable people I know are SFJs. Ellen, for instance, is an ESFJ, but since she's not that cooking, cleaning, I have 20 children stereotype of an ESFJ, she gets typed as ENFP a lot.

Anyway your friend sounds like an IxFJ. Missing information. I'm leaning towards ISFJ, though. As mentioned, perfectionist, gives up easily. She sounds a bit out of balance, tbh. I can relate to giving up easily. It didn't click automatically, I failed before, fml. I'll never get it. Growing up w/ an unhealthy ESFJ mom made learning new things difficult. "You're never going to get it. Are you sure you want to start driving? You don't look ready. You'll crash or wreck".

Your friend seems to have that hesitancy and reluctant-ness common in an SJ type. We are open, but it takes awhile to open up at times. We need to be "sure".

·
Registered
1,036 Posts

Predicting the outcome of a story is not dominant intuition, it's Si relating patterns to things it has experienced before and running it out through Ne.

@emmasmv : She sounds like an ISFJ to me.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
mostly with friends, she sometimes lies to strangers cause she doesn't know them and she doesn't know what to say so that she wouldn't hurt them

social rules

maybe if I explain her paranoid side if it would help:
- she usually doesn't make plans with her friends, her friends are the ones who invites her cause she's scared that they secretly hate her and they are just trying to be friendly by saying yes
- she's scared to end up being alone
- she has trouble trusting other people, but she's kind of getting over it cause she's starting to tell some things about her that she wouldn't have said before

there is probably more but she doesn't talk about it a lot
This is SUPREME inferior Ne, which means that Si is her dominant function, which makes her either an ISTJ or ISFJ, and she's Fe, so she's ISFJ.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Predicting the outcome of a story is not dominant intuition, it's Si relating patterns to things it has experienced before and running it out through Ne.

@emmasmv : She sounds like an ISFJ to me.
That's why I thought I was an intuitive for a long time. I make predictions. Everyone intuites. I get the suspicion some people think only intuitive types use intuition, lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts