Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, so originally I assumed my friend was an ISFP, but i have reciently come to find that she secretly stresses a lot about everything and she is also quite organised. So now I'm leaning more towards her being an ISFJ.
Anyway, my point being that I originally posted a similar thread in the ISFP forum, but now believing that she is an ISFJ, I figured I should ask you guys instead.

Basically my 3 main questions are:
-what makes you ISFJs feel really loved and special?
-what would your ideal day out consist of?
-what type of gifts/presents would you as an ISFP most appreciate?

So for those of you who can be bothered reading all of this and want a bit more insight into I'm asking these things, here is why...
My friends 21st (21st's are a big thing in Australia) is coming up next month and I want to do something really sweet and special for her to make her feel super special and loved and to show her how much she means to me, but without making her feel awkward and overwhelmed and going overboard and embarrassing her or anything.
She seems to be a physical touch person, so I have to go out of my way a lot to try and make sure that I hug her and play with her hair and stuff, as I'm not at all 'physically inclined' and usually prefer to keep in my own little personal space bubble. But I was wondering if there was anything else that made you guys feel super loved and special?
As part of her present for her birthday I was thinking that I may take her out for a day in the holidays and we can do something fun and special with cute surprises along the way. But I would have no idea as to what to do or where to go. So I was wondering if you guys had any ideas? If someone was going to take you out for the day what would you like to do/ where would you like to go?
*its almost winter here, so it will be cold!
And finally, I have to get her a preset for her birthday! Usually I tend to go for all the cutsey, handmade, thoughtful gifts. Eg. For her 20th I got her 20 separate little presents, each with memories and reasons attached as to why. And I've done the whole '50 things I love about you' jar, and given her jewellery before and pretty scrapbooked photos and quotes in frames and stuff and written her songs and long sweet notes. But now that it's actually a really important occasion I am out of ideas. So I was wondering if any of you guys could help me? Have you ever gotten any really sweet meaningful gifts? If so what were they? Or do you just have any ideas?
I want to do something really sweet and special that will stand out in a good way and that she'll always remember.

Thanks so much guys!!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Wow, I wish I had just one friend like you.

Anyway, I don't know of any "perfect" gifts or vacations. Just spend time with her and tell her how much she means to you. That's the greatest gift you can possibly give, and you really can't go wrong.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aww thanks :) that's really sweet and encouraging!

Okay :)
I was thinking that for a present I might handmade a scrapbook for her with all memories and photos of us in it, and then for each 'occasion' that I make a page for, I'll also include a present somehow relating to that memory.
Eg. I'll buy her tickets to see a show, and then on the page that I'll do about when we were in a show together I'll include the tickets I'm giving her.
Or I'll get her her favourite chocolate and a gift card to her favourite store, and I'll include them on the page about our truth sessions and finding everything out about eachother.... If that makes sense.
Does that sound like an alright idea? Or is it too daggy/cheesy?

·
Registered
INFP, 4w5
139 Posts
You sound like an amazing friend! <3

Personally I'd adore all the gifts you have given her, and the scrapbook idea is brilliant. I'm still new to MBTI so don't believe what I'm saying unless someone comfirms it but-- with dominant Si, an ISFJ would probably love something to do with your memories together. At least I'd absolutely love a scrapbook like that :D

Reactions: Kyo

·
Registered
62 Posts
You sound like an amazing friend! <3

Personally I'd adore all the gifts you have given her, and the scrapbook idea is brilliant. I'm still new to MBTI so don't believe what I'm saying unless someone comfirms it but-- with dominant Si, an ISFJ would probably love something to do with your memories together. At least I'd absolutely love a scrapbook like that :D
Yeah - this is a great idea!! Whenever you write your memories, focus more on how you felt in that moment, how what she said/did made you feel. Try not to discuss the details and the events for the sake of the event - as an ISFJ, her memory is probably outstanding and she remembers all the details very well. So focus more on the transcendent aspects. Also be generous with affirmation and acknowledgement of her character and personality.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aww thanks guys :) -given me a bit of a confidence boost! Hahaa.

Whenever you write your memories, focus more on how you felt in that moment, how what she said/did made you feel. Try not to discuss the details and the events for the sake of the event - as an ISFJ, her memory is probably outstanding and she remembers all the details very well. So focus more on the transcendent aspects. Also be generous with affirmation and acknowledgement of her character and personality.
Okay sounds good. Will do!! :) do you guys have any other advice or things that I should know that will make it even specialer (if that's even a word. Haha) for her?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Maaaan would I love a friend like you.

Definitely time spent together means a ton to me; for my 18th birthday, I spent the day with my best friend at an amusement park, and it meant a ton that I had her full attention (we were having issues at the time over her boyfriend, who was jealous of the time she spent with me and all of the people in out neighborhood), and last year, I spent my birthday with my dad at the river and driving on less-traveled roads, just having a quiet day together (and I don't see my dad much, so getting that time alone with him was awesome).

A lot of times, it's really cool to me when people remember the same things I remember or take special interest in the things I like to do. The scrapbook sounds awesome for the memory reason, and doing her favorite things hits the interests.

I hope you help her have an awesome birthday - I'm sure it'll mean a lot to both of you!

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
that sounds great, dont worry about cheesy, shes going to be very appreciative and happy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts