Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ISFJs, how do you use Si?

Si collects data in the present moment and compares it with past experiences, a process that sometimes evokes the feelings associated with memory, as if the subject were reliving it. Seeking to protect what is familiar, Si draws upon history to form goals and expectations about what will happen in the future

·
Registered
111 Posts
I may be misunderstanding the question but I'll take a shot at answering this as best I can:

I use it in virtually everything I do! From my jobs to my relationships to my methods of doing things, once I find something that works I stick with it and I'm very reluctant to change that. "If it isn't broken then it doesn't need fixing" is one of my favorite saying.

Though that isn't to say that I'm not open to broadening my horizons: It just has to be done on in my own time.

Regarding the bit about reliving past experiences to form judgments on current experiences: That huge with me in my relationships. I've been in MANY friendships where I ended up crushing on the woman I was friends with only to end up ruining it because I couldn't let go. Now whenever I find myself in a similar situation, it's like almost I can feel every single time I realized that I had destroyed a friendship. Now I'm extremely leery of expressing any romantic intentions to my limerent object unless I start to get really clear signals that she might be interested in me. Otherwise I largely keep a tight lip to her about how I feel and and strive to be the sweet, kindest, most caring friend (while flirting a little bit, but I try to be very subtle about it) she can have and hope that maybe she'll see something in me. If not, then based on my past experiences I force myself to do what I have to in order to let go and move on and leave her none the wiser of the guy who thought the world of her. It's not easy, but I really don't want to ruin another friendship.

Sorry I got off track there a bit but I hope I was able to answer your question

1 - 3 of 3 Posts