Personality Cafe banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts
i'm an isfj and i find my type rather boring.....no means of offence to all yall. it just seems that there's no spark to me, like i'm just a little of everything and not interesting enough to function. if someone were to describe my personality, it's like there's nothing to say.
I find myself to be boring, too.
I think that, because we have to live with ourselves 24 hours a day, with the only break being sleep, we eventually become tired of ourselves. Other people really don't see us in that way.
So... no... I don't think that ISFJs are boring people.
I have a few ISFJ friends and I find them to be kind, warm, and generous. They are truly focused on other people and to be able to think of others first is a true gift.
I hope that you can celebrate being you.
Hugs from an esfp.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have a few friends who are ISFJ.

One of them works in air traffic control, regularly explorers cities/countries he's never previously been too, and (in terms of things in common with me) is right into cars and computers.

Another does aerial acrobatics, enjoys geocaching in all sorts of places, has a PhD and always has some random new hair style.

So if that sounds boring to you...

·
Registered
997 Posts
I see more insecurity at play here than typology. ISFJs are not boring. If you think you are boring, then you are defining yourself ... who is to blame for that? I think anyone can get stuck in a rut, find something that challenges you and takes you outside of your comfort zone.

I don't have much of a filter anymore, people like my odd humor ... or don't, I don't really care. All you can be is yourself, everything else will fall into place. Just remember you can only live up to your own expectations.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's depend on types and personalities. A types could feel boring with some other types, due to their nature.

Example: (Socionics) For INTJ, their Fe and Si are both weak and unvalued. I't mean they dont know how to use Fe or Si and have no interest on improving it (It's different from Fi and Se, INTJ may be weak at those function but still have the will to improve it). So most INTJ don't find interest in SFJ types, especially ESFJ. And most SFJ see INTJ as some weird person who can't follow social norm.

Many SFJs seem dont like me or see me as an alien, it's hard to make them see the differences between us: "Why you look so sad?", "why wont you talk to anyone", "why are you so selfish and dont care about anyone, any thing", "you have some mental illness?". And all I did was just sitting there and thinking of something. I's so sad T_T

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I honestly do think ISFJs, on average, are a bit boring, they are predictable, traditional, and tend to be very "normal." But the tradeoff is that they are extremely, incredibly dependable, extremely consistent, and that is a hugely valuable trait to have. Interesting, unique people are also usually unreliable and flaky. It's different strengths and different weaknesses, there's no point resenting your weaknesses when you can be proud of your strengths.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
My mom is an ISFJ and is one of the most amazing people I know. I don't know what I would do without our daily talks. She has a heart of gold, is quite a good artist, and in her 60's still has friends from decades ago that keep in touch with her regularly. Despite some physical limitations, you will rarely hear her complain. She will want to know everything about you (in a genuine, curious) way, and will never, ever, forget your birthday. Here's one example of her enormous heart (without going in to too much detail)...
Many years ago, she read a human interest piece in the local newspaper that stirred her. It had to do with an older man (I think he was in his 80's) who had lost his son a while back and before he died, he only wanted one thing. My mom was so moved by his story that she got in touch with people from the paper, made many many phones calls, got in touch with this gentleman and got the ball rolling. Eventually, she was able to make this thing happen for him, and he was just some stranger. The smile on his face was everything. She has touched many people's lives just by being herself, and I don't think there's a single one of them that would call her boring.

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,547 Posts
i'm an isfj and i find my type rather boring.....no means of offence to all yall. it just seems that there's no spark to me, like i'm just a little of everything and not interesting enough to function. if someone were to describe my personality, it's like there's nothing to say.
I guess boring in this case would be the conventional usage of it, but I wouldn't use that word to describe ISFJs or any type actually. Different folks, different strokes ya know?

I would rather think enjoyable vs. non-enjoyable is better to describe certain people specifically. Anyway, the ISFJs I know would not be described as eccentric, sporadic or "out there" if that is what you are referring to, but that's perfectly fine, as having those traits are not automatically equivalent to being enjoyable to be around with.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I can't imagine finding myself boring?? I'm probably boring to everyone else but to me, I'm very interesting because I do and fill my life with things that interest me. I look at people who I find interesting and try to emulate them. Are you saying you don't do that?

I don't think being interesting is about having a special talent or unique trait/quirk. I think it really is just about taking an interest in life. Become an expert on a few things you life! Take up a hobby or two! It's all about engaging with the world around you. ISFJs should be very good at that.
Yeah I'm an ENFP but I think that anyone can be unique if they just follow their path in life. Everyone is unique and if you don't feel so maybe you just need to dive deeper into yourself

·
Banned
2,375 Posts
yeah they're hella boring, cya idiots

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8
4,953 Posts
No, every ISFJ I know is perfectly fine and is entertaining when one wants to be.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Boring is a matter of perspective. They do not entertain you? Are they at least entertaining themselves? lol Perhaps the problem is YOU and not the other people. Stop projecting your issues onto others, and figure out yourself.

I train in MMA, working on my green belt (past midway point). I love fighting, I love grappling, I love the comradere with my peers. I love the non PC chats we have. Also, teaching those researching their genealogy about pre-1918 and post-1918 European geographical boundaries. Now that shit is fascinating! I could talk your ears off for hours. I also do genetic genealogy, volunteering to help people find their father or parents.

If that is boring to you, I really don't care.

Reactions: angelfish and Pippi

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nope.

One of my closest friends are an ISFJ. Incredibly warmhearted, considerate, easygoing, attentive, loyal and actually really authentic - you just have to give them some time to open up (my friend is as private as I am). In comparison to me, my ISFJ friend seems graceful, with lots of tact. The only thing that bothers me from time to time with dom/aux Fe, is the fact that they can be passive-aggressive when they're upset and have a hard time letting go of some things, but I just probe some and find it really works being straightforward with them and show them that I'm here if they need to talk. My ISFj friend seems to appreciate it, but my ESFJ familymember usually wallows in self-pity for the longest time and it's extremely irritating.

Just give the ISFJ room to be themselves. They're always there to support family and friends when they're in need of it. I think it's important not to take ISFJ's for granted. My ISFJ buddy has told me that he feels comfortable around me and is the most honest and unfiltered version of himself and that's just awesome!

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
I have a few friends who are ISFJ.

One of them works in air traffic control, regularly explorers cities/countries he's never previously been too, and (in terms of things in common with me) is right into cars and computers.

Another does aerial acrobatics, enjoys geocaching in all sorts of places, has a PhD and always has some random new hair style.

So if that sounds boring to you...
There you go! If it weren't for "boring", focused people, who would there be to develop all the cool things in life that dilettantes like me take advantage of?

·
Registered
390 Posts
People only associate boredom to Si because Si values navigating through the present with what is perceived from the subject's past experiences. This can make ISXJs and ESXJs cautious, but boring, no. Theoretically, I would call INXJs the most boring because of Se-inferior. INXJs can project, but they struggle to act on their own projections. Metaphorically, they're the owls that see the hunt, but never do the hunt. Add this with the fact that the average INXJ won't partake in experiences that they judge as having nothing to do with their projections. They call experiences that are deemed fun by their Se-dominant inversions wasteful and meaningless. This initial rejection of Se creates a very linear path devoid of detours.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Blame the poor SJ descriptions. The SJ descriptions just don't sound interesting compared to the other temperaments. The SJ descriptions, most likely were written by intuitive types, not SJs themselves.

Add introversion into the mix and you get someone who isn't so inclined to act all wild and crazy. Some people wrongly think that if you're not all wild and crazy, you're not very fun.

I think just the sheer commonality of this type, makes it somehow less interesting. Change the S to N, and suddenly you've got a rare personality type that's highly sought after.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Predictablility is a boredom factor in and of itself to most; it's a slice of Heaven on Earth for most, if not all, ISFJs. It really depends on how people have treated you up until this point in life. Nature vs nurture has a lot to do with the development of ISFJs. You either age like wine or you sour like milk. I may not have much to talk about, but I am a task oriented person. I don't like fluff. And I sure as hell despise bullshit. If I like you, I'll go out of my way to be cordial with you. If I dislike you, I'll avoid your ass like the plague. Like I said, predictablility is a boredom factor in and of itself.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts