Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would you feel if you were married for many years and over time you started to feel a bit lonely in your marriage because your spouse no longer cared to spend time with you doing things that you enjoy. Meanwhile, another woman in your life who you have gotten to know tells you that she has feelings for you. How would this make you feel? I know that ISFJ's are very traditional, hate change, and may stay in an unhappy situation. I also know that they feel fiercely loyal to those they love. I have an ISFJ friend who is going through this and I am trying to understand what he's feeling so I can now how to help him. Any insights?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
How I "feel" is irrelevant. I would end things if it got bad enough though. I don't believe in divorce so it would be a separation of ways. If our bank accounts are joined, we would leave everything as is. I relinquish her of her "responsibility" in every way/shape/form. She can do as she pleases. I'll live the rest of my life single and alone.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I imagine he's feeling what anyone in his situation would be feeling, regardless of type.
Lonely, abandoned by spouse. Likely frustrated. Feeling vulnerable right when someone else just happens to be there. May not matter how he actually feels about them, just that they are there and available when he is hurting.

·
Registered
997 Posts
How would you feel if you were married for many years and over time you started to feel a bit lonely in your marriage because your spouse no longer cared to spend time with you doing things that you enjoy. Meanwhile, another woman in your life who you have gotten to know tells you that she has feelings for you. How would this make you feel? I know that ISFJ's are very traditional, hate change, and may stay in an unhappy situation. I also know that they feel fiercely loyal to those they love. I have an ISFJ friend who is going through this and I am trying to understand what he's feeling so I can now how to help him. Any insights?
Oh, is this the same person you are working with? The one you have a crush on thread? If it is ... back off entirely. I know it takes two, but geez. Just remember, if he thinks it's ok to cheat on her ... he will cheat on you too. I never thought of ENFPs as the type to lure a married man away from his spouse, hmmm. Marriage is difficult enough as it is. Just ... REALLY? Gross, go check yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts