Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are ISFJs known for being a bit 'safe' in the sack? How does one go about introducing more out there behaviour to an ISFJ? I tried to introduce something new tonight but it fell flat. I'm the type that is always coming up with new ideas and damn it my ISFJ is resistant.

Reactions: HandiAce

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would say you just gotta try something new a few times and the ISFJ will get really good at it. We're not the type to suggest new things easily, but I know I'm always game for trying something new if my partner wants to do it. Thing is that we're not intuitively going to grasp the idea really quickly. We've gotta practice a new idea, then we'll perfect it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I am an ISFJ. I am resistant to change, to new ideas. I need to feel safe and secure to really be able to open up and attempt new things. In my case I eventually did, and was delighted lol! But it definitely took awhile to do so. Just have patience and love for your ISFJ. Some of us ISFJ's are 'traditional', so yes I do believe that would cover being 'safe' in the sack? But like I said, once I finally convinced myself to attempt something new AND felt loved and protected the whole time, it was wonderful. Good luck-don't give up!!!!

Reactions: kiwigrl

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I guess I will keep on trying then. Thanks.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Reactions: kiwigrl

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
So is being resistant to change a big deal for ISFJ's? Also, what about that whole rule breaking thing?

·
Registered
268 Posts
So is being resistant to change a big deal for ISFJ's? Also, what about that whole rule breaking thing?
Change is a big deal to me, an ISFJ. I can't speak for 'all of us'. I WISH I was able to deal with change better. As it stands I am definitely resistant:frustrating:. I am unsure what you mean by that whole rule breaking thing, but as a rule (lol), I am super uncomfortable breaking rules-parking in a 'no parking zone' makes me super uncomfortable, shoplifting is a definite no. hope this helped. :unsure:

Reactions: gmppersonality

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Change is a big deal to me, an ISFJ. I can't speak for 'all of us'. I WISH I was able to deal with change better. As it stands I am definitely resistant:frustrating:. I am unsure what you mean by that whole rule breaking thing, but as a rule (lol), I am super uncomfortable breaking rules-parking in a 'no parking zone' makes me super uncomfortable, shoplifting is a definite no. hope this helped. :unsure:
Yeah it did help. Thanks :D

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Yeah same I would say I'm far from boring. I've had a few people more or less tell me I'm their best (and this was long after the moment). I'm far from a starfish and always up for new things... but nothing gross.. you know. :mellow:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
If I feel like I could possibly get injured doing something, I refrain from doing it.

As a kid I used to stick with certain foods, stay at my home place, and get upset when my parents took me out of the house unless it was to go to certain places I cared about like a certain swimming pool or a couple restaurants I liked.

I am the same way in that you have to keep prodding me to do something new. The reason behind this is that when I get OK with something, I finally obtain the confidence to do whatever it is you want me to do.

I can do some crazy things that most people wouldn't dare doing such as flipping on the ground. Some even tell me to stop because they are worried I will hurt myself. I'm not. Because I have the confidence that I can do it.

Contrary to being in the sack, my dreamworld is not exactly. In fact, I imagine doing adventurous/extreme things. Any other ISFJs think like this?

·
Registered
112 Posts
My ISFJ is cool for trying new things, and even makes suggestions now and again.

Unfortunately many of those suggestions seem to be confined to the bed. Also we MUST have the lights off if we fool around at night. Blah. I can handle it but I still like to see what I'm doing. :dry:

·
Registered
29 Posts
My ISFJ is cool for trying new things, and even makes suggestions now and again.

Unfortunately many of those suggestions seem to be confined to the bed. Also we MUST have the lights off if we fool around at night. Blah. I can handle it but I still like to see what I'm doing. :dry:
Sounds like your ISFJ is self-conscious.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Dirty talk was a 1 sided affair; she wouldn't participate.

The rest was great. She was very, very giving and affectionate.

Reactions: jack london

·
Registered
112 Posts
Stage fright and perfectionism? Telling a very funny child 'no' with a smile on your face? An idealised image of sex and relating?
This one went right past my bat. I have no idea what you are talking about.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm not saying that he is always conservative, it was his idea to do some creative things at times. Just the other week it was his idea to film us, which turned out quite good. [I feel so naughty because if he knew I was posting this about him he would be soooo embarrassed and annoyed at me for sharing!] What can I say it's a favourite topic.

Also we MUST have the lights off if we fool around at night. Blah. I can handle it but I still like to see what I'm doing. :dry:
That would be a pain. I have to have the lights on because I want to see everything!:laughing: It makes me laugh, these people who want the lights off, damn, how would you get excited when you can't see the goods? I'm rather visual in case you haven't already guessed. :wink:

Now that I think about it, he is kind of creative, it's just that I have alot more ideas up my sleeve. He did initiate role play a few years ago, no costumes though, just dialogue. But unfortunately I just end up giggling instead of talking.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts