Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
ENFP
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m an enfp and at an event I introduced to who i now know a isfp. Corona has made this relationship quite a weird one. He texted me saying hello after a month after the party and talked for awhile and I got his number. He had a girlfriend but he defintaley liked me but was still loyal if that makes any sense. When I found out that he did have a girlfriend I was shocked and told him I thought he had liked me but am fine being friends. He responded weirdly and said he was sorry for giving me the wrong message and that if he was single I probably would not have liked him. Obviously I did like him but I think this came out of insecurity. I responded in a well manor and told him I’m glad we can be freinds I would have reassured him that I did like him but he had a girlfriend and that would be bad on my part. A month later his girlfriend broke up with him and I have him the support he needed since it wasn’t anything to do with me but was because she wasn’t feeling it anymore. I give him space and won’t text him for a month which takes me great strength to do so as an enfp. I am glad we are friends becuase we wouldn’t be able to date due to our different beliefs but can’t help to feel like he doesn’t want to be friends. Our friendship has been weird since we have only interacted in person the day we met and since then FaceTimed once. The ft was very long and many of it was silence he played video games and I made myself busy. I’ve never had a guy friend and never met someone so interesting. He is very hard to read and am wondering if any isfp’s can help me out. He doesn’t text first which is partially my fault because I told him he didn’t need to and he did text me first when I told him I felt like he didn’t which was nice. He responds usually quickly but I think I’m confused by his behavior due to the switch in how he treats me. Before when he had liked me gave me all of his attention with texting first and opening up about himself but now he sees me as a friend. I don’t know if he wants to be friends still and I want to know if any isfps can help me be a better friend and also help me notice when or if I’m bothering him. :)
So I don’t need any help and he actually likes my company and even asked to date me but that’s honestly beside the point lol :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi there Grace. I can give you my ISFP perspective, but you really won’t know what’s going on for sure unless you ask him yourself (I’d recommend doing this to clear up any misunderstandings). As for me, I’ll pour my heart and soul into caring for someone special to me and maybe a close friend or two (as well as my pet!) but I’ll admit to not putting in as much effort with others further out on the friendship/acquaintanceship branch. I’ll be kind to them when I see them, but I love/prefer having loads of free time to myself to be lazy/relax/do my thing - to preserve my energy. I also struggle with coming up with things to talk about, so if someone tells me I don’t have to text first, I probably won’t. It’s easier to build a conversation off what other people say anyway. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Those are just my two cents. I hope you’ll get your friendship back on track 😊

·
Registered
ISFP, 9w8/4/5 sp/sx, Ravenpuff
776 Posts
Literally no substitute for talking to him, about his feelings, regularly. And about yours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts