Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do ISFPs cry easily?

This is kind of a funny story. I have a friend who received a drunk call from a guy and he was like "I like you.. a lot.. but why can't we be together.." and she cried. The guy didn't even cry, he was just drunk. She cried.

ISFP: I cried. I cried so hard.
Me: But he didn't cry?
ISFP: No, it was just me.
Me: (laughs) What the heck man
ISFP: I FELT BAD FOR HIM OKAY IT'S NOT MY FAULT

I think my ISFP friend is really sweet but sometimes, she her emotions overwhelm her and she just doesn't think straight.

·
Registered
986 Posts
@kyu I think we assess all the feelings that are being expressed in the moment at once and reflect it on ourselves, sometimes its overwhelming.
I don't even know what's wrong with your friend. Maybe we like experiencing desperate situations.

If I were in your friend's place, I would feel bad. Maybe he got drunk because he couldn't be with me? That would mean I meant a lot to him... I don't know man.

Speaking of myself, I don't cry easily. Maybe get tearful once in a while. I would say I cry more easily on the inside than the outside, and it feels like your heart is being ripped apart... that kind of feeling; while still maintaining a poker face. It just depends on who prefers to show their emotions or not...

·
Registered
676 Posts
in the words of Great Rihana ...''But no matter what you'll never see me CRYYYY'' ,
Crying is sometimes a relief , its better private though .

·
Electronica Wizard
ISFP
6,709 Posts
I think she might have felt a bit pressured to the point of crying.. Hurting this person who has confessed his love to her is the last thing on her mind. It's like being proposed in front of live television. The only difference is that it's just between him and her. What happens after that, nobody know.. What if he turns out to be a psycho and kills her due to being rejected? ISFPs are soft-hearted people. Not weak. They are just empathetic.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think she might have felt a bit pressured to the point of crying.. Hurting this person who has confessed his love to her is the last thing on her mind. It's like being proposed in front of live television. The only difference is that it's just between him and her. What happens after that, nobody know.. What if he turns out to be a psycho and kills her due to being rejected? ISFPs are soft-hearted people. Not weak. They are just empathetic.
" ISFPs are soft-hearted people. Not weak. They are just empathetic."

I think so too. I'm INTx and some of my conversations with her go like this:

Me: That is so creepy. Does he not realize that?
ISFP: I think it's sweet!
Me: It's not sweet. It's stupid.
ISFP: He's so sweet why do you not see that?

Sometimes it comes to the point when she just stops talking because she's pissed that I'm not affectionate and all. Lmao. I used to think she just wasn't "thinking enough" but then I realized that she's just very emphatic (plus idk if this applies to all ISFPs but she gives great advice)

·
Registered
ENFJ
644 Posts
I don't cry easily. Usually it's private and a form of stress relief. Although, there have been exceptions to that rule (talking about a difficult and deeply held topic and emotional endings to tv shows).

·
Banned
232 Posts
No, I'm not much of a cryer when it's concerning my personal issues.

And even when I am crying, my inside voice tells me to stop or that I'm being stupid. Like imagine I'm the fat guy at army training who can't do one sit up for shit, and my conscious is the mean sergeant screaming in my ear. I always laugh after I do it as well. Sounds crazy and a bit scary, but yeah. Not hysterical laughing but the kind you do after you say/do something silly, after you're embarrassed. And I never cry in front of anyone. Not even my mum. Nope. It's always done alone.

I cry very easily with films or documentaries, though. That I don't mind to do in front of others, cause I'm not the focus.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm a crybaby. It usually puts people off since I'm a bearded tall, masculine guy (the last part is usually scratched off after they see me cry). I don't even try holding in: if it's gotta pour it will!
You, sir, are a great man.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I don't cry so much. When I cry in a large crowd, I feel a bit embarrassed. It could be due to the fact that men aren't suppose to cry and it's seen as a weakness. I can cry in private sometimes about the loss of someone close or just something in general. Lol I used to cry when I would play a video game and get frustrated because of not progressing.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I don't cry easy despite how intense my emotions are. I feel things and I feel them deeply, but I'm also very good at hiding them. Inside me, volcanoes are exploding and planets are being sliced in two. Still stone-faced.

Reactions: Moehgan

·
Registered
692 Posts
Like real full out ugly crying that includes uncontrollable heart wrenching sobs with tears streaming down my face, a runny nose, and a red face? About three years ago, during my freshman year of college when I got rejected for a major that I really wanted to pursue. Slightly choked up and teary eyed over my favorite character/otp from tv show’s dying, like about a couple of months ago. I used to cry a lot more easily in high school whenever I was forced to face conflict that I kept trying to avoid, and it blew up in my face, along with everyone I finally got sad or angry with when I couldn’t hold back my hurt feelings any longer. Now that I’m in college, I really don’t cry that often. So much for the stereotype for emotionally expressive feelers in regards to me.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'm not a cryer, I don't express my emotions of the surface very much. I do cry at films though, How To Train Your Dragon gets me going every time :L When it comes to real life situations I don't see the point in crying, I just accept that something has gone wrong and work out the best course of action to start making things better

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm a crier and I'm not shy about crying, but I don't cry over movies. I cry over real world events, like the Mandalay Bay shooting. I cried over that for days.

·
Electronica Wizard
ISFP
6,709 Posts
I'm the type of person who accumulates my feelings to the brink and then explode. I hate confrontation and burdening people. If that emotion can be coped or resolved on my own, I would do so. Other than that, only a selected few people would be aware of what's going on. I don't like to air my vulnerability; not because of keeping up with my appearance or ego. It's because I feel things very deeply and when that happens, I know I cannot protect myself from people who can manipulate me or have ill intentions.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I cry pretty easily, over a lot of things. TV shows, real life stories, sad stories in general. I also cry when I talk to other people about any issues I'm having. Earlier this year, I cried in the doctor's office because he asked me some questions about my insomnia. I'm not very good at keeping myself from crying, either. When I feel like I'm going to cry, I cry.

Another thing that always gets me is other people crying. I heard someone call that "contagious crying" once. I thought it was a good term.

·
Electronica Wizard
ISFP
6,709 Posts
The odd thing is I don't cry over people's death.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have always had to find a nice safe place to go cry without anyone around.
That's me. I keep it together until I am alone and feel safe. I don't want people to witness me crying, because it's embarassing me though I don't think crying and showing emotions in general is something to be ashamed of. But to me it's such a personal thing.

Are you silent cryers? Or do you sob and scream? Personally, I have to be very desperate to get into the state of "ugly crying" with sobbing, gasping, snotting... :D

Reactions: ThoughtShadows
1 - 20 of 23 Posts