Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
5w4 or 5w6? Can anyone help me?

Just noticed I put this in the wrong place... Huh... I guess I was nervous...

Hi, I'm just new here, I made this test and it said I'm a ISFP, it does sound like me, but I also want to know my Enneagram type. Last time I did a test for that, it said I was a 5w4, now that does sounds like me, but 5w6 looked like a better option, anyway, just wanted to know! Can anyone help me with this... ? :blushed: By the way, just in case, I'm not american so if you find any grammar problems, please ignore it! Thank you!

Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
- Well, I guess living a calm and peaceful life is important, and I strive for that, but I look for happiness with myself and my accomplishments. I don’t want to be a nobody or a regular person.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
- Of everything I have dreamed of when I was a child, only one thing seemed to be important. And that was creativity. I wanted to do something unique, original. Nowadays, I want to write a fiction book. I want my work to be read and seen by other people, and of course, I want it to be liked and respected. That is my life goal for now...

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
- I want to avoid becoming the type of person I despise. Lying to hurt someone, drink alcohol and smoke, are things I swore I would never do. I also value true love, marriage being extremely important.

I value creativity, charisma, wisdom, kindness, and being understanding with people, being emotionally stable and with a good disposition to help others, mainly those who are weaker or less privileged.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
- Hm… biggest fears huh? I guess it would be of being alone, rejected, of not being heard by anyone, not having friends. I want to show what I know and what I can do, but I fear that it won’t be valuable enough or that it will make me look like an idiot. I do fear shame too. I’m a really shy person you know…?

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
- I always hated false people, so I guess I want to be seen as a real person, honest, knowledge, and reliable. Someone you can trust and call a friend. Albeit I usually see myself as completely lost, unremarkable and unreliable. Having some low self-esteem issues recently...

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
- At best, I’m not so sure... But I imagine it would be the best if I had everything under control in my life. Both socially and emotionally.

The worst is when I feel like I don’t know about anything that’s happening around me, completely lost and confused socially.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a) When someone acts childish, testing my patience with stupidity or just arguing and yelling at me for not good reason, I do feel the need to raise my voice or even to get physical when I’m too angry, but I tend to control myself with logical thoughts, and try to act as calm as possible. But I always let my ‘target’ know that I’m angry.
b) If I do something accidentally and lose my cool, I usually try to act nonchalant or like I don’t care, maybe laugh a little even though that’s one of my greatest fears. My heart pounds a lot with these moments, and I feel shaky for a few hours.
c) I don’t like to think of things that make me anxious, and logically, worrying too much won’t change anything. So if I can't solve the issue, I try to relax as much as possible with any leisure activities that don’t require silence. Silence gives me too much 'space' to think about the problem.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
a) Well, I hate stress; it literally makes me feel sick. So even if I have things that need to be done, if I’m stressed, I stop everything to have some fun.
b) I’m not a fan of big changes; I like to have routines with little alterations. I usually avoid changing my routine unless it’s impossible for me to keep going like that, ‘at the very last second’ I guess.
c) I try to stay as neutral as possible, stay on the side I consider right and reasonable, forcing a calm dialogue. I want to reach a logical conclusion with no reasonless anger. I don’t like arguing. If talking calmly doesn't work, I abandon the topic entirely before I get angry, and wait for the person to calm down while I try to find arguments, usually quietly and away from everyone else.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
a) People call me inconvenient sometimes, so I imagine I act too casual against authority. I do respect them, but I also think I have the right to question them at any moment. That includes school rules and parents. Again, I try to talk as calmly and logically as possible.
b) I believe that power corrupts people. Be it the power of money or fame, it turns people into selfless jerks (For the lack of better words), I tend to avoid people whom I consider powerful, and in case I ever reach fame, I’m already working on building a strong mind, so I won’t be corrupted as well.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
- Life is something complicated and unpredictable. The human mind makes it complicated, and unpredictable is just how things look simply because we can’t know our future, no matter how much we plan our life. But I am a Christian person, I believe in God despite my drive to look at things logically, and that only makes it more confusing for me.
While humanity… I believe there are many good people out there, but I also believe that the human nature is normally cruel. I have hope for the world, but at the same time I don’t trust humans to make it better.

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.
- I remember a fishing trip, terrible day actually and I seriously don’t like to think about it. But I went there with my mother, brother and grandparents when I was 5 or 6 years old I think. Nearby, there was this water-park. I went there and met a little friend, and then she went to the deeper part of the pool with her father, and obviously in my child mind I didn’t notice that and went after them. Of course I almost drowned because of my stupidity and that awoke a phobia of swimming, but that is not the point of the matter actually. The point is, I remember looking around at that moment in utter shock, just seeing how no one saw I was in danger and no one was trying to help me, and for some reason I didn’t scream for help (I still don’t understand why) and managed to struggle towards the ledge and save myself. All I noticed (when I think about it nowadays) was that I never trusted anyone to help me with anything I considered my problem since then, not even my parents, and thinking about it just baffles me sometimes…

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.
- Like I mentioned above, my relationship with trust is kind of 'in pieces'. I had very little friends when young, I never really trusted anyone who approached me. I just had one best friend, she was persistent and convinced me she could be trusted. As soon as I reached middle school, I had my first contact with actual social gatherings, because before, I studies in this municipal school with only neighbors (My best friend went to a different school and I ended up alone). My first friendships there ended up in disappointments, and I noticed that I had no real friends I could trust, just people I knew, and it just went like that until high school, and my ability to trust became more and more rusted. After that, I thought of everything people said as a lie, no one could help me or be trusted, and the stress just made me angry with everyone.

I guess that was an
unhealthy level… Right?

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
a) I like my disposition to help those I care about; to listen rather than talk; and to respect others and their opinions.
b) My inconvenience; shyness; my lack of attitude; my tendency to procrastinate.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
- I tend to pay attention to someone’s mannerisms, choice of words and apparent feelings. These are the things I want to see when talking or just listening to someone, but I’m not sure if others take those into consideration. I know a lot who don’t.

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?
- With insults, I just feel deeply offended, but I keep it hidden and tell them off harshly.
With compliments, it’s more complicated. I tend to be easily flattered, and I just don’t know how to respond.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?
a) I’m thankful for absolutely every good thing I have. I never complain about my family or my house, at least not truly. I would complain superficially, but on the inside, I know how I actually feel.
b) One of the things I wish I had was the inner strength to work hard and study and do everything necessary to achieve the best possible option for a successful life.

But I also wanted a magical room with every game I love and lots comfy things to sit on and healthy food that tastes like candy so I can be happy and live 'till 100. But I ain’t getting that either…

So yeah... :bored: Took me a while to stop procrastinating actually to do this. Any ideas...?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hey, did you want to know the type, enneagram, or both? If enneagram, I can't help you there. I know nothing about it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Haha MayFlower, you're cute. Where are you from by the way?

You have Extraverted Thinking & Introverted Feeling
ISFP, ESFP, ENTJ, INTJ, ESTJ, ISTJ, ENFP, INFP

You are introverted
ISFP, INTJ, INFP, ISTJ

You are not from the NT Temperament
ISFP, INFP, ISTJ

Extraverted Intuition user
INFP, ISTJ

MayFlowerAnna, I really think you are an ISTJ. Could you take a look at the ISTJ profile and tell me what you think?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha, the 'cute' thing made me laugh, for whatever reason really. :laughing: I'm from Brazil actually, but please disregard whatever rumor you heard about the girls there. I'm not like that...

Hm... But the type does make sense to me. Albeit the DUTY thing just confuses me. I'm not a person who works too hard on things I need to do even if they are of my best interests, for my future at least. But I read other threads, it makes a good sense, mainly that 'doom thinking' (Reading that was actually hilarious) Even thought 'Lazy and Irresponsible' seems to fit me better these days. :confused:

I guess the online test is not so accurate after all huh? :frustrating:

·
Registered
451 Posts
I guess the online test is not so accurate after all huh? :frustrating:
Nope =). But it is a reeally good place to start! Some lucky people even get it right the first time. About the "duty thing", I don't understand it either. I think what it means is that they do things because they HAVE to. They know that if they don't do it, then everything is going to fall apart. Like an ISTJ wife always keeps a careful eye on what the family is spending because she HAS ​to. If she doesn't then she knows the money will get wasted on dumb things. That's my best guess.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, makes sense. I kind of am like that, but I guess I'm just on a bad year or something. Anyway, thanks, I'll put my guesses on ISTJ for now, but I'll wait for someone who knows some Enneagram stuff to come around too. :happy: Friend...?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts