Personality Cafe banner

ISFP, do you get along with ENTP's? What do you think of us?

[ISFP] 
Tags
entp isfp mbti
4K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Tainted Streetlight 
#1 ·
I know some ISFP's......they're different but we get along.

#3 ·
I LOVE MY ENTP'S!! I know quite a few of them and they're silly, they play along with my type of humor very well, I can often have a good banter with them, and I enjoy listening to their well thought out theories (most often I won't be able to contribute...unless it gets too out there, then I have to point it out) or their dark and almost crude humor, and I love their charming personalities <3 It also helps that these folks I interact with have highly developed Fe's.

#4 ·
I knew at least two ENTPs from high school, they were really outgoing and got along with everyone, even me though I tried to keep to myself.
In class they always liked to discuss with the teachers and they always joined debates in language, philosophy and religion classes.
Outside lessons they always had some interesting conversation going and they would just randomly ask people on their opinions, getting everyone around them involved. I also liked their sense of humor and relaxed attitude, they didn't mind making fun of themselves to make others laugh.
They were both tutors too and joined the school's debate team for some philosophy event, I don't know how it went though.
E: I guess I got a bit sidetracked there, but I got along with them very well and they seemed very interested in talking to me even though I was very quiet.

#5 ·
ENTPs... Yeah, I get along okayish. They can sometimes be super cool.

But it really wears on me, maybe just because it's an emotional/lifelong relationship.

To be honest, I have a thousand grudges against the one I know... But I'm so scared to death of her I only dream of informing her of all her idiosyncrasies that I notice every single painful second I'm around her.

But yeah, I'll be her doormat. It won't kill me. Just biding my time, it hurts to think how easy it would be to forget her forever, it feels like it would be awesome to forget her. But just the more realistic thought of forgetting someone so close to me forever is enough to make me never do it. And yet that's what I hate about it too.

God I hate feeling obligated to people. But if she knew that's how I really felt... Man, she'd be in such pain I know, and in her unselfishness and yet selfishness, deny desiring any relationship with me, because the thought of her own child despising her would be to painful for her. She's already so deep in denial about it, with each of us. She has no idea how annoying everyone finds her, and not just in baseless ways. The pity I feel for her lack of awareness is what keeps me attached, and that just allows her to be less aware than ever.

It's a vicious cycle.

But we've had great times, and darn it I love my mom after all. I don't know how or why, but she's in my heart.

I can be cruel, but I cannot hate, or I can hate, but I cannot be cruel. Unless I was convinced some tough love would do her some good, like a wake up call, but all the ENTPs assured me it would just about kill her.

Catch22

If I'm stuck either way, I may as well be loving and do whatever it takes to get along, and just hope she doesn't restrict my movements.

That's all very melodramatic, but it's unfortunately how I feel deep down. Luckily I don't trust my feelings always though. I question them. For instance, I meant to say I can't stand ENTOs, but since I questioned that feeling, I found there's a particularly tender place for them in the wearoest parts of my soul, that only they can fit, because goshdarnnit, it's an awkward poky shape, but a shape that needs filling nonetheless.

LOL, wow, haha

#7 ·
Hmmm, so this is what it would be like if my daughter was an ISFP lol. Wow, geez. Your mom is probably somewhat aware of what others think about her, she just choses not to care (or show it) or it would hurt to think about all the time, fyi. You may have observed her all your life, but she has been an adult all that time while you have been maturing, so you don't really know what is in her head...just my 2 cents. I'm pretty sure my little girl is an ESFP and I already struggle with her extreme emotionalism and drama. Everything is drama with her. It has forced me to slow down and explain things to her differently, and much more gently, than I am used to, which is good for us both. My son 13, and some kind of NT, so that is much easier (except for the whole puberty things....as a single mom I'm struggling with that too since he's a boy) to explain things to him and have him get on board with whatever I'm trying to accomplish. With my daughter, it is a lot more effort. I don't mind the effort, and enjoy growing to suit the needs of my child - my only concern is when I don't have a way to reach her. As long as I have something to try, its all good, but when I don't know what to do, I feel helpless about it.

#6 ·
It's funny. I actually just got done posting on a forum about which type ISFPs find attractive. Guess I'll just copy and paste... I am (usually) attracted to ENTPs. I feel like we usually have very similar senses of humor. I'm a very curious person, although I'm not sure if this is an ISFP trait or just me, so I love that they always have an answer to any question I ask. Also, I like that I'm comfortable calling them on their BS, which I wouldn't be with most other people (I'd just internally roll my eyes and dismiss them as a BSer). I like that when I do call them on their BS, they seem to like it. I like that I don't feel the need to censor myself around them. I can do whatever the hell I feel like doing (whether being goofy, stupid, or mean). Maybe this is because ISFPs are just as crazy as ENTPs, but we just hide it better? The brother of the last ENTP I dated used to call us Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum, and I loved that about us. Some things I don't like about ENTPs: the very flexible moral code, their penchant for trying to talk to you while you're reading, just because they know it annoys the s*** out of you, the fact that being annoying brings so much joy to them. I swear, it's like their default activity for whenever they're bored. (Although, I love to play the game called "if I had a dick would you still love me" with them, and the main attraction in it for me is how much they hate it, so I guess I really have no right to point fingers about annoyingness. haha)

#9 ·
It's weird, but it seems that, for some reason, ISFPs and ENTPs get along better than ISFPs and INTPs. Not, mind you, that my wife and I don't get along, but the potential for misunderstandings and hurt feelings on both sides is very strong... I suppose it doesn't help that I'm the ISFP, and my wife the INTP...

weird...

I don't think I know any ENTPs, so I can't speak for them...

#14 ·
I'm not really sure what's going on. I still get a feeling someone is mistyped here, but I really have no idea, I would need more detailed specifics.

It's quite possible anyways that your mom is just particularly unhealthy, and showing some shadow characteristics (though I've never been a huge believer in the whole shadow-theory thing).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.