Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ISFPs! I am wanting to find out about your type a bit more. I don't have many experiences with ISFPs but you sound very cool and intriguing. Since Fi is something I can relate to and understand, could you give me examples of how or when you use your Fi?

Are you considered "artists" because you have a tendency to express your Fi through your art? I am very interested to hear how those of you who don't consider yourselves artists use your Fi.

Reactions: joyrjw

·
Registered
265 Posts
Well, since I have never considered myself an artist, I use my Fi to make judgments regarding my friends and family, what I feel to be right regarding how I treat them, and think about how they treat me.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I don't consider myself an artist. I used Fi when I read this thread. I didn't come up with a logical answer, because I didn't know how to reply. And I thought... I don't know what I'm gonna say, and I felt that that will be awkward. And what will people think! So I decided not to reply.

That's pretty much how I use it.

Although, now I replied anyway.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm convinced i'm an isfp now.

we use Fi in (im assuming) the same way, and i think i mistyped because of that. we create our own little world in our heads, of what things should be, how people should be, and what we should do to make our world like that. (by our i guess i really mean me, cant speak for everyone)

With Se though, we express it in a more physical way than with words. i prefer to show who i am through actions, through creations, through art mediums, than expressing myself in plain words.

i wonder if i make any sense when i try to articulate these things. the world makes much more sense in my head than i could ever try to express.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hello ISFPs! I am wanting to find out about your type a bit more. I don't have many experiences with ISFPs but you sound very cool and intriguing. Since Fi is something I can relate to and understand, could you give me examples of how or when you use your Fi?

Are you considered "artists" because you have a tendency to express your Fi through your art? I am very interested to hear how those of you who don't consider yourselves artists use your Fi.
I'm not sure how other people express there Fi but I believe I
tend to use my art and written words as a conduit for my emotional energy.
It's like I turn it into visual and/or written form and the art/words soak up the expression of "me".

That's the best way for me to describe it.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure how other people express there Fi but I believe I
tend to use my art and written words as a conduit for my emotional energy.
It's like I turn it into visual and/or written form and the art/words soak up the expression of "me".

That's the best way for me to describe it.
I can relate to that somewhat. I think I can only use my Fi or express my feelings when I am acting on stage. It's the only time I'm really letting them out. It's cathartic. Is it that way you guys as well?

·
Registered
512 Posts
I can relate to that somewhat. I think I can only use my Fi or express my feelings when I am acting on stage. It's the only time I'm really letting them out. It's cathartic. Is it that way you guys as well?
I'd say yes,it's cathartic, therapy-like, it allows for release.
I know what you're talking about.:happy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts