Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As an ISFP (though not real strong on that F there) I've found that in taking other "personality tests" other than Myers Briggs that they were unable to give me a clear type and even with Myers Briggs it will occasionally come up ISTP (though ISFP is more me I suppose). Wondered if any other ISFPs had had this experience. Does it seem that you can kind of be harder to describe and nail down? May just be me.

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
True just seemed like with friends and what not I was always the oddball that got some weird answer or they couldn't find any answer for at all haha
If you take tests like human numerics. It doesn't really pick up on any of the sensing functions, and it favours those with Fe. You COULD be ISFP, because Fi isn't really touchy feely for some people.

Look into the difference between Fi and Ti. :)

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
It's called Myer Briggs Type Indicator for a reason, it's only an indicator. If it wasn't that I only quite recently came more in touch with my feelings (also Enneagram 5) I'd probably write myself off as an ISTP, but comparing myself to my best friend who's ISTP and my dad who's most likely ESTP their Fe can trick me, and what really makes me certain that I'm an SFP, not STP is that I have a lot of strong emotions that guides me.

If an outsider were to label me and my friend I'm almost certain that they'd label him as ISFP and me as ISTP as he's very creative, random, imaginative and show a lot of emotional expressions in his face, where as I'd come across as ISTP due to my more introvert, contemplative nature and not giving away as much emotions.

Though for me who know him well, he's so Ti when it comes to things that he likes, such as film editing. His Ti nature of picking apart everything and then adding it together EVEN made him able to use the XP-verison of Windows Moviemaker in such a way that you couldn't even tell that it was made in Moviemaker, which for everyone who's been working with it, is everything but a small feat.

If you take tests like human numerics. It doesn't really pick up on any of the sensing functions, and it favours those with Fe. You COULD be ISFP, because Fi isn't really touchy feely for some people.

Look into the difference between Fi and Ti. :)
Yes, I wish that I knew this when I took the tests for the first time. I still keep scoring INFP. :tongue:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts