Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
I play mostly JRPGs, though there are a few western ones that have caught my attention. One of my favourite is Final Fantasy X, it also has sentimental value as I met my husband because of it... As for the series as a whole, I prefer the older games though, not keen on the new ones. And I adore Suikoden 2 so much, I can hardly articulate it. From the intense setting, to the great cast of characters, to the beautiful tender moments, to the strategic battles. It also departs from the usual "defeat this evil monster to save the world" formula... It focuses on a region where an enemy country is invading, which the main hero is trying to take back.

The Legend of Zelda is my favourite series - has been since I was little. I know I'm contradicting the reasons why I love Suikoden above, but I just can't help but to love it. It's the first game I've really been into (again sentimental value) and I love all of the gameplay mechanics, solving puzzles, getting new items, boss battles... Hyrule. <3 But yes it is the classic fight against evil... But Nintendo has managed to make it a bit more interesting by throwing the Goddesses, the intertwined fates of Link, Zelda and Ganon into it, being reborn... And still, some of the games have vastly different stories, like in Majora's Mask (which I am playing on my 3DS XL Majora's Mask limited edition) but the mechanics are still there, which I love so much.

The Sims series, as a creative outlet, I love to build and decorate and create characters... I've got a neighbourhood that's pretty much 100% built by myself. I like Sims 2 and its expansions the most. I looooove mods (I've got over 4.5Gb of it), I've even made a few things.

I occasionally like to play strategic games like Civilization but I tend to "peacefully invade" via culture. XD

Hmm... Feels like I need to be quiet now.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Well, I have been playing games since I was a child. I remember growing up playing mostly The Sims and Tomb Raider. My favourites are The Sims 3 (I love downloading custom content, I spend waaaay too much time downloading it and creating a family and a house), Tomb Raider series, Max Payne 1&2, No One Lives Forever series and Little Big Adventure 2. Love these games to death. I also love playing GTA (3 and Vice City mostly), Black & White, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Age of Empires III, Warcraft III. I've been playing them for a long time. Recently I played LA Noire which I really liked.

Reactions: Ninjaws

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
The only thing I play are JRPGs, and my day to day life revolves around Final Fantasy I - VI. I love VII and XI as well, but not as much as I - VI. Dragon Quest is cool as well, and so is Phantasy Star.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
This game made me as a gamer.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Sims series, as a creative outlet, I love to build and decorate and create characters... I've got a neighbourhood that's pretty much 100% built by myself. I like Sims 2 and its expansions the most. I looooove mods (I've got over 4.5Gb of it), I've even made a few things.

I occasionally like to play strategic games like Civilization but I tend to "peacefully invade" via culture. XD
The Sims is so great for building neat houses. :D
The best part is starting off in some small building, getting rich, then building a huge villa. :p

Yeah, war just costs too much resources to be worth it. I usually just try to accumulate a fortune and then wipe out all the enemies in one clean sweep. :p

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Roller Coaster Tycoon, Age of Empires III
Those were the days. ^^
Especially RCT, building huge parks with immense coasters (all with custom decoration, ofcourse), and then instantly destroying everything when I was done. :p
I don't know if this is a common ISFP trait, but once I've completed the thing I was working on I sudden don't care about it anymore. I've thrown away months of work in terms of parks just because it was done and I had nothing more to add to it.

AOE3 was great, playing with a bunch of friends against expert computers in high school. We made like 5 rows of walls just to keep them out, it was insane. :p

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I used to play lots of video games. RPGs, JRPGs, ARPGs, Action, Adventure, maybe some strategy. Mostly Japanese games. Suikoden (1 is great and 2 is damn phenomenal that I still have on my computer), Mega Man X series, Mega Man Battle Network series, some of the pokemon, and others. I played Street Fighters at my friend's home when I was a kid.

I just have a PC laptop and I had a Gameboy Advance in the past. No PS1/2/3, Wii, PSP, etc., so there's lots of games out there I haven't played.

I hate Minecraft. I was trying it out and then these monsters kept chasing me and I just died, and for some reason I couldn't kill them. I was like what the fuck?? In normal games if you walk away, the monsters would go back to their spots, too. I also don't like the graphics of Minecraft. I am fine with some pixelation but not that like.
I hate survival games, too. Why do you give me such a hard time? It's just a game. And you can't stop or pause, which pisses me off.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Oh has anyone played a game with the Oculus Rift? I tried it once somewhere and I loved it.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I'm into Action, platform, fighting, action-adventure, racing simulation, RPGs, simulation. I love open world games like GTA V. My favourite video game of all time is the legend of zelda: the wind waker. Mario, Sonic and Rayman are my favouite platform genre games. Need for speed series, Formula One, Forza Motorsport

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I play mostly JRPGs, though there are a few western ones that have caught my attention. One of my favourite is Final Fantasy X, it also has sentimental value as I met my husband because of it... As for the series as a whole, I prefer the older games though, not keen on the new ones. And I adore Suikoden 2 so much, I can hardly articulate it. From the intense setting, to the great cast of characters, to the beautiful tender moments, to the strategic battles. It also departs from the usual "defeat this evil monster to save the world" formula... It focuses on a region where an enemy country is invading, which the main hero is trying to take back.

The Legend of Zelda is my favourite series - has been since I was little. I know I'm contradicting the reasons why I love Suikoden above, but I just can't help but to love it. It's the first game I've really been into (again sentimental value) and I love all of the gameplay mechanics, solving puzzles, getting new items, boss battles... Hyrule. <3 But yes it is the classic fight against evil... But Nintendo has managed to make it a bit more interesting by throwing the Goddesses, the intertwined fates of Link, Zelda and Ganon into it, being reborn... And still, some of the games have vastly different stories, like in Majora's Mask (which I am playing on my 3DS XL Majora's Mask limited edition) but the mechanics are still there, which I love so much.

Hmm... Feels like I need to be quiet now.
I haven't played Majoras Mask. It is the only 3D zelda game I've never played. Is it good?

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm into Action, platform, fighting, action-adventure, racing simulation, RPGs, simulation. I love open world games like GTA V. My favourite video game of all time is the legend of zelda: the wind waker. Mario, Sonic and Rayman are my favouite platform genre games. Need for speed series, Formula One, Forza Motorsport
Rayman 2 is such an awesome game! I still play it from time to time. It just had everything: The music, atmosphere, setting, gameplay..

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh has anyone played a game with the Oculus Rift? I tried it once somewhere and I loved it.
It's not on the market yet, right? I'm also expecting it to be rather expensive when it does come out.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Rayman 2 is such an awesome game! I still play it from time to time. It just had everything: The music, atmosphere, setting, gameplay..
I've never played Rayman 2. But I played the first rayman game. It was such an awesome game to play. Very fun. I like the world stages were based on something. For example a stationery level, musical instrument, food, etc. Rayman making those noises and making the enemy sick

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Anyone played Dragonball Xenoverse?

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've never played Rayman 2. But I played the first rayman game. It was such an awesome game to play. Very fun. I like the world stages were based on something. For example a stationery level, musical instrument, food, etc. Rayman making those noises and making the enemy sick
The first one was a 2d platformer, right? I remember there being a creature with a long coat who kinda looked like a magician, that was an enemy.
Mr. Dark, I looked it up :p

I've never fully completed that game, though. I remember being irritated by those large musquitos.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
The first one was a 2d platformer, right? I remember there being a creature with a long coat who kinda looked like a magician, that was an enemy.
Mr. Dark, I looked it up :p

I've never fully completed that game, though. I remember being irritated by those large musquitos.
Yeah Mr Dark is the main villain. The older bosses in each world work under him. He uses some of their abilities when you face him at the end. There is one level where you have to face a swarn of musquitos. You get to ride on one too. They used that in rayman origin

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
It's not on the market yet, right? I'm also expecting it to be rather expensive when it does come out.
Really?? I know nothing about the market, but I just checked Amazon and there were a bunch of products that seemed to be.

I tried that thing at a college. The game was made by a student in something like interactive design.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Really?? I know nothing about the market, but I just checked Amazon and there were a bunch of products that seemed to be.

I tried that thing at a college. The game was made by a student in something like interactive design.
I just looked and I guess you are right. It's pretty damn expensive though. :p
Some neat college you have. ^^
One in the Netherlands has it as well I believe (NHTV Breda).

1 - 20 of 44 Posts