Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well about 2 months ago I met another ISFP male (which are rare to find). Now I didn't know he was an ISFP but I could see similarities from the minute him and my group of friends met him.We got a long with him right off the bat. He even stayed over my friends house for 3 weeks straight and we got real close to to this guy after knowing him for less than a month.

Though we're ISFP's our up bringing couldn't be any different. I come from an upper middle class background (dad is a professor, mom's a lawyer) and I go to the most prestigious school in my country. He on the other hand comes from a working class family and hasn't finished high school. Despite this we hang out like we've known each other for decades and right now I'm giving him lessons in chem and bio while he helps me work on my dance moves lol. Not many ppl could be friends with someone from such different backgrounds like this but then I realized that ISFPs are the types that respect everyone regardless of their social or economic background

I personally HATE to see ppl mistreated or judged because of the position they hold or their jobs. Usually I show everyone respect and hope the way I treated them makes them feel better. I also genuinely don't want anything in return from them. While @ school i've always been popular with the entire teaching, administrative and auxiliary staff because I'm one of the few that treats them as equals.

I think Most ISFP can get along with just about anyone and have great humility. Anyone with similar sentiments?

·
Registered
640 Posts
I feel the same way.

That sounds like a great friendship you have!

A long time ago I was watching an interview with Oprah about her life and childhood. There was something she said about how whatever situation you're in should never define your character or who you are as a person. I wish more people in the world would realize this.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Yeah, it bothers me that people are judged by what kind of jobs or positions they have instead of actually getting to know the person. I will admit, that I've done that before but I'm not happy about it at all. For the most part, I try to be open-minded as much as I possibly can. I like your story also and I admire your view on all this. :proud:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for responding . Happy to hear you enjoyed the guys. I'm hoping he can get his high school diploma in 12 months. Hopefully his dance lessons will help me @ parties :D.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I can generally get along with about anyone. Ive always been close and talkative to my teachers ever since elementary. even now that im in college i talk to a few teachers in particular as if we are good friends... which i guess we are.

For some reason some ppl just cant seem to understand that everyone around them are real ppl who are going through and living life just as you are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts