Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started talking to an INFP. She is cute and sweet. When we talk we are so awkward together its so pitiful and cute. But when we make conversation it seems so surface and it feels like we aren't getting anywhere. I do like her, I wonder how to really get to know her. And i was wondering how compatible INFP and ISFP are. Can anyone help me please?

·
Registered
224 Posts
OMG I am dying to know about this too. I've had a similar experience with an ISFP guy... It's clear (like explicitly-stated clear) we get along really well and we've had some moments in conversation...but it is really hard to break the surface. It's so annoying and doesn't make any sense. I don't really want to date him, but dammit, I want us to get to know each other better!

So, okay, it's not exactly the same thing since he's the strong ISFP and I'm more the weak INFP...but maybe I can relay tips to him! XD

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
But when we make conversation it seems so surface and it feels like we aren't getting anywhere.
did you mean "superficial" ?

I think I know what you mean. And the problem is ISFP's and INFP's are both very gaurded about their innermost thoughts and feelings, and don't feel comfortable just saying "deep" things. they are afraid they will be criticized, so they avoid it. If she is really an INFP, you probably don't have to worry about saying anything, because they are very much like us, and being Fi dominant she will appreciate anything not superficial that you have to say.

As far as compatibility goes, I really wouldn't know. Any two types can build a relationship with work. I would think it would be easy for an INFP and ISFP though. And you're lucky...I wish I knew an INFP girl that liked me haha :wink:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't mean to sound pessimistic but Ive been living with my INFP brother for more than 18 years and that barrier still exists.

I feel perfectly comfortable around INFP girls though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would love to know more about ISFP woman, since I am interested in one and I am an INFP guy. It seems that I carry the conversations. In addition, she is a tough nut to crack even though she says she is a feeler. She tells me she loves me, but since we met over the internet and not in person, she has a hard time expressing herself in words. Knowing she usually expresses herself in actions. I wish I felt like I wasn't camping outside of her tent and that she would open up more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.