Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me preface this by saying this is just a large wall of text without any breaks. this being typed in all lowercase letters with improper punctuation and grammar may cramp your style and harsh your mellow. i hope you are into that kind of thing.

i originally had this giant list but i couldn't even bear to finish it because it was so tedious and boring to make so i am just going to type a bunch of random info about myself in this here paragraph. i guess i do base a lot of my decisions on how things affect me and what i view as important -- SO SELFISH! i hate when i have to include strangers in a group setting and make them feel united and whatnot it just has never been my thing. anything that i "believe" is really subject to change if i receive a new piece of information. when i was in high school i use to go walk around the halls instead of going to lunch to sort of wind down for a bit. i have been told by friends that they thought i was rude before they actually talked to me but that may just be the woes of being introverted! since i'm on the subject of what others have said about me i have been called things such as quirky, enigmatic, funny, and some other terms that currently slip my mind (i don't really see myself this way). i try my best to be on time when others ask me to and i usually am. on the rare occasion that i do make a list i tend to completely ignore it. i do leave things well.. unfinished. just looking around my room i see an unfinished painting behind me, half stripped door trim, and part of the wall i started to paint. talking about feelings definitely is not one of my strong points and when people talk to me about their problems i tend to go into a daze but i still try my best to help them out of their situation. i do not consider myself confrontational and i am considered the peacemaker in the family. some hobbies i have picked up are piano, reading, drawing, and just exploring the neighborhood. it is pretty hard to actually list things i enjoy because i tire of the same activity after so long. one of my biggest fears would to be living the american dream.. you know the white picket fence, a loving husband, and our two children all living happily in our house in the suburbs. i do have strong drive to go out and explore outside this little bubble i am currently in and test my limits.. i don't know how to explain this thoroughly.

now for the actual tests. i tend to score intp/infp on plain old mbti questionnaires you find on google but i strongly doubt i am intuitive. reading through various descriptions i eventually settled on istp but now that i have explored the cognitive functions i am once again doubting my type. the only patterns i have noticed in taking the online test is that i consistently score as introverted and perceiving but i wonder if there is still a slight chance that i may prefer judging based on the order of my functions. my results are always mixed so maybe having someone from the outside analyze this will be of great help.

oh great the one time i decide to start a thread i test as istp. that's a first haha.

Introverted - 78
Sensing - 6
Thinking - 38
Perceiving - 33

# very expressed introvert
# slightly expressed sensing personality
# moderately expressed thinking personality
# moderately expressed perceiving personality

cognitive function tests: okay all of these results and really strange to me and they seem to contradict one another left and right. plus, i found the questions difficult to answer because they would often mix two questions into one.

first test
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************** (38.1)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************* (37.8)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************** (32.6)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************* (31.7)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29.2)
average use
extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************** (27.9)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************* (21.5)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************** (20.6)
limited use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISTJ

second test
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************* (37)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************** (34.1)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************** (29.2)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************** (18.6)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************ (36.1)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************** (32)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************ (12.6)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************** (40.2)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISFP

third test (looks strange when pasted since i didn't save the original graph. sorry about that)
- 5 Ti
- 5 Fi
- 3 Se
- 3 Si
- 2 Te
- 1 Ne
- 1 Ni
- 0 Fe

Your Possible Type Code
According to the traditional sorting method of finding the most-used functional pairs (such as Fi-Ne), your type might be:
Possible result: ISTP

along with these tests i used hollygolightlys tip for answering the opposite of what you normally would and i scored enfj.

i guess i should really stop myself at this point because this has managed to grow out of control. of course questions are welcome. oh, and sorry about spelling errors and randomly dropping words if that even happened which i'm sure it did.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
:) My first impression of this text wall was INTP ("anything that i "believe" is really subject to change if i receive a new piece of information" is very Ti), but if you're sure that's not what you are, I'd stick with ISTP. Everything about your paragraph gives off that impression, from the need to explore, to keeping within your own social bubble, to leaving things unfinished.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts