Personality Cafe banner

For ISFPs only: What is your gender and handedness?

• Female - Left Handed

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Male - Left Handed

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Female - Right Handed

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Male - Right handed

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Female - Ambidextrous

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Male - Ambidextrous

Votes: 1 1.8%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Right handed. Maybe because she thinks we're the artistic type we therefore should be left handed. Good luck trying to find a correlation between a person's personality type and his/her dominant hand.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hehe, it's a fake rumour i guess, anybody could be a *** :crazy:

I have heard that leftys are more intelligent and creative, i am more creative(i don't know about the intelligence) yes, but on the other "hand" , anyone could be creative.

Here are some articles i found about leftys.

Right-handed and left-handed people do not see the same bright side of things

Lefties Personality Traits - Left-Hand Dominant: The Psychological Characteristics of Left-handed People

In the last article, there is still written that leftys are "more likely to be homosexuals", but that aside, there is plenty of good things about being a lefty, and of course bad ones too. Let the discussions begin :crazy:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right handed. I'm wondering why you're asking :eek:? Do you have some sort of hypothesis?
I was thinking that there might be a link between ISFPs and left handedness. I knew that not all of them would be left handed but I thought that the majority would be. I think that my boyfriend in high school was an ISFP and left handed, and I had a friend that probably is an ISFP and is left handed. I do want to find as many short cuts as possible to finding the types of people. I was hoping that being left handed would be a clue to figuring out a type.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I am Ambidextrous. My 2nd grade teacher was the first to notice it. A few days after the school year started she said she wanted to ask me something because she wanted to start rearranging our desks. She mentioned she didn't want any of us to be uncomfortable from bumping elbows because our class had a lot more lefty's than she's ever had before. She said she noticed I use both of my hands to write and draw with but it seemed like I use my right more.. so she asked if using my right hand was more comfortable. I do seem to use my right hand more, but I can write and draw and do other things equally as well with my left. I have naturally started out using my left for things. I started playing guitar when I was 12 and I started with my left hand but a few different people kept telling me it's better (for a few different reasons) to use my right! It was always something other people had to chime in on while I was growing up lol.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I write and draw with my left, and throw with my left. I bat and play raquet sports with my right. On my computer mouse I switch daily between left and right. For wakeboarding, surfing, etc. I use a regular stance (usually associated with right-handers). For soccer, I kick better with my left foot.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I am Ambidextrous. My 2nd grade teacher was the first to notice it. A few days after the school year started she said she wanted to ask me something because she wanted to start rearranging our desks. She mentioned she didn't want any of us to be uncomfortable from bumping elbows because our class had a lot more lefty's than she's ever had before. She said she noticed I use both of my hands to write and draw with but it seemed like I use my right more.. so she asked if using my right hand was more comfortable. I do seem to use my right hand more, but I can write and draw and do other things equally as well with my left. I have naturally started out using my left for things. I started playing guitar when I was 12 and I started with my left hand but a few different people kept telling me it's better (for a few different reasons) to use my right! It was always something other people had to chime in on while I was growing up lol.
It's a good thing that you got talked out of it because it's not easy finding a decent left-handed guitar. I have to make do with this crappy old guitar until I find a replacement. :wink:

·
Registered
25 Posts
The results may not be accurate though. Some parents train their kids to use their right hand instead. So I don't know if mines was trained so. My husband uses his right hand efficiently, but he is naturally left handed. Left handers are usually more artistic, while right handers are more theorists/scientific people. My husband is definitely an artist, you can tell by his effortless drawings. I like art, but don't consider myself an artist...just crafty.

·
Premium Member
10,504 Posts
I write and draw with my right hand and crochet with my left hand. I can write with my left hand but it is slow. I randomly switch hands when sewing by hand.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Actually, I'd venture there is a minor (and I mean minor) correlation. They do tend to link artistic tendencies with left-handed people and it relates to how things are in the brain. In my family, people aren't really retrained to use their right, if they can use their left since forever, so I can track for generations. The only one they forced to cross-train was my mum.

Statistics in the family goes like this - great gramps, who was left handed was a musician and a tailor. My mum draws, paints, does poetry. Her sister, my aunt is left-handed and she also draws, paints and now is learning with quite some success how to be a jeweler. I draw, sing, write... My cousin, who is left-handed is also an avid artist in his teens and very talented at drawing.

Whereas my right-handed family are/were director in a power plant, geodet, social activists, dietologist... yeah, you get it.

Anyway, looking at the poll, which has too small numbers to be representative of the general population, it looks like there's a lot of lefties and ambidexterous people compared to the general population. Wikipedia says about 10% of the world's population is left-handed. Almost a half of the people in the polls is left-handed and ISFP here.

Reactions: Grad0507
1 - 20 of 24 Posts