Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I have both significant extroverted traits and introverted traits, and I feel like being a 6w7 makes the line between E and I very blurry. Not to mention, I had a 3 year period where I feel like I wasn't in touch with introverted feeling, at least based on some of my actions.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Ideal connection, ideal self-fulfillment, passion, love, understanding, experience, novelty, transcendence.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

It was when I first started college. I met lots of new people, started dating more, became more social. I liked it because for the first time, I felt like I was the person I wanted to be, meeting the people I wanted to meet.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

When I feel ugly, unimportant, unintelligent, boring, envious, sub-human.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

How I feel about it.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

If it's something I really care about, yes.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I was skateboarding, fully immersed in the moment. Hearing all the sounds, seeing all of the buildings, yet tuning them out somehow. I felt transcendent.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

Memorize.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Very unorganized.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I'm not sure. A little of both.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Definitely the latter. I'm oblivious to anyone outside of myself.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think before speaking. And I'm honestly pitiful at both, but I prefer one-on-one.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I want to know where I'm jumping, and sometimes.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Depends on who the friend is, where we're going, my mood and how desperate I am to leave the house. I'd probably decline most offers at this point in my life, unless it's someone truly special to me. In the past, I would've been more open to it, but I always found 'hanging out' incredibly unfulfilling. Almost uncomfortable.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I tune everything out and/or distract myself.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I dislike people who seem to have no self-awareness or shame whatsoever, unless they're funny/witty about it.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Whatever comes to mind. There's no consistent pattern.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

The practical and immediate.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Most after a certain amount of time would call me somewhat quiet, funny or 'cool'. I think it's accurate from a big picture perspective, although I think I experience myself as more extroverted than people perceive me to be. As for what my friends would never say, I don't think theres anything they wouldn't be able to say about me; I've probably shown every single personality trait at different moments of my life.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Watch tv. Go online. Try out clothes. Go for walks. Listen to music. Sleep. Watch a new film. Shop by myself.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
hanging out is very draining to you, for ESFP's they love to go out and hang out with friends at dances, etc

you seem very introverted, all introverts extrovert at times and all extroverts introvert at times, but the preference is stronger to be one more than the other MOST of the times.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hanging out is very draining to you, for ESFP's they love to go out and hang out with friends at dances, etc

you seem very introverted, all introverts extrovert at times and all extroverts introvert at times, but the preference is stronger to be one more than the other MOST of the times.

I remember spending a significant amount of time (2 months) without access to television or the internet while on vacation, I needed constant stimulation and movement. I didn't necessarily need interaction, since I got enough of it through my cousins, but I definitely needed to be doing something and wasn't content with just sitting in the same place. I was incredibly frustrated at times.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Se-dom traits

-
There have been times where I'd seek relationships out with multiple people without judging whether they were worthwhile or not (lack of Fi)

-I used to be 'shallow', and still am to a certain extent.

-I used to seek out interaction constantly, although I felt drained by it at the same time.

-I feel incredibly alive whenever I'm on a motorcycle or engaged in some adrenaline-rushed sensory activity. Although I don't seek out these experiences consistently.

-I've spread myself too thin in the past and focused too much on what other people think instead of my own values.

-I become more introverted when under extreme stress (inferior Ni)

Fi-dom traits

-I'm incredibly picky and easily frustrated by things that don't measure up-I judge things outside of myself constantly and can be somewhat of a prude when it comes to certain activities that others enjoy.

-
I don't usually feel immersed in the present moment, I'm always focused on my thoughts and feelings towards things.

-I've never been extremely impulsive.

-It's extremely difficult for me to be domineering or 'assert' my presence on others (Se-Te). My attempts are laughable at best.

-I'm not very physical.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
i would say ISFP

how well do you relate to the ISFP forum on here?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would say ISFP

how well do you relate to the ISFP forum on here?
I feel like alot of them are too calm, humble, principled and content with being alone. When I read the ESFP forums, I feel like they take things too literally and aren't open to theoretical discussion or constant speculation.

I felt like I was on the same page as the NFPs on here, but it's become apparent that I'm more SeNi than NeSi.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

how were you as a child, what did you do, how did you behave, what did you like and not like, etc? and did you have a good home or an abusive/violent/neglective home, or kinda normal upbringing?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how were you as a child, what did you do, how did you behave, what did you like and not like, etc? and did you have a good home or an abusive/violent/neglective home, or kinda normal upbringing?
I was shy, fearful, curious and somewhat hyperactive. I liked reading, spending time with friends, playing video games, and browsing the internet. I didn't like violence, delinquency, smoking, drinking, ignorance, hypocrisy, boredom, being disrespected, etc. I grew up in a decent home.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts