Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The more I read, the less I'm sure, hahaha. I learn best through hands on experience, though my hesitance towards trying new things make me learn more about it before I readily engage. I try to consider others' feelings even though I just want to do my own thing, because just doing my own thing tends to give me instant gratification but make me feel rather bad later. I want to do whatever I want, but I also don't want to regret my decisions later.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Just about everything except the outward (literal) fashion of ISFPs fit me. I took the MBTI test and cognitive tests a few times, and it's always ISFP or INFP. And, INFP seems to fit pretty well too.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Happiness, Love, Knowledge. We only get one life, so we have to do everything we want in this one time. Damn if I ever want to be happy! And by happy I mean, enjoying every single minute of every single day, even if it's alone. Love in all kinds; I want someone to be there with me. It has to feel comfortable, more like a best friend, I guess? Someone accepting and receptive and can understand when I want to be alone. Knowledge because knowledge will give you power, and power can be used to get money which will buy things that can make your life easy. More than anything, I want good relations with people in a dynamic world - Full of love and support so that I can do my own thing without worry.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
As a kid! I think I had a lot more confidence back then. Maybe knowledge is power, but ignorance was bliss. Do everything you want, because you can get away with so much. Everything was brought to your level. Everything was colourful, bright, soft, easy. There were so many new experiences, everyone seemed nice. You could climb on playgrounds and it was normal, chairs were bigger and you felt like a princess 24/7. Life is still great, but I miss some of the thrills.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
People who seem to know where they're going in life. The future makes me anxious; will I be able to survive okay? Will I have enough money to live comfortably? Will I be completely alone, or alone in a way that I like? I always feel like I'm just prancing along. Every day is fun, but when I start thinking about what happens after, I worry. I get stressed. Not knowing what to do and feeling helpless is also a terrible feeling. You know you can probably do something, but you don't know what or how. Also, when I know I'm taking something too personally or emotionally, and am called out on it. I know it, but I really can't help but feel how I do.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
My feelings and the feelings of others have most to do with it. With any decision, if it's primarily going to affect me, I'll go with whichever I want more. Like university choice for example. I picked it because I want to study what I do study. I took my family and friends' reactions and feelings about it into account too and it greatly upsets me that my parents aren't being completely supportive, but it's still something I want.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I want to know all the guidelines, so I can find a loophole and tailor it to my interests. Animation? No probs. It's going to be a game intro. I like to work alone on creative projects. Other people's opinions and ideas are generally boring :s If it's a very technical, academic project, I need the group or i'll procrastinate until the night before, LOL.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
One time I did an amazing race type thing for a friend's church group. It was a lot of fun. We built a puzzle dinosaur made of wood, ran around taking pictures near the beach, drove far to another beach to carry water around. It was exhausting and took a lot of energy, but it was so satisfying. Puzzles and yummy food, a lot of activity, and it was within a fairly small group.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I like hands on the best. When i'm learning a new program, I like to experiment, but because I don't always get my desired result, I tend to feel the need to study it traditionally before I attempt it again. I really don't like failure.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Deadlines are strict deadlines, even if I don't like it. Friends' events and stuff are more flexible, if I decide in the morning that I don't want to go, I wont. In terms of tidiness, I lose track of things a lot, but I do like to keep it either an organized mess, or a disorganized clean, hahaha.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
If the new idea sounds like it an make my life easier or sounds like something I agree with, I give it the ok. In practice though, I like to understand why what is happening is happening. It doesn't have to be incredibly detailed, but a simple cause-effect explanation.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I find that if I'm not okay, I don't care a lot for what others are feeling. If I'm okay, I like to make sure everyone else is enjoying themselves as well. I think one's own values are the most important ones, except when they harm others. In that case, both sides need to either fix their issues, or just get away from each other.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I prefer one-on-one communication because it feels like less pressure. Group discussions always feel judged and I get uncomfortable, but it's not like I can't. I try to think before I speak, but I only think so far, and generally not long or hard enough, because I seem to act on emotion faster than reason. I need to put my foot in my mouth sometimes :( I can take a lot of slack from people, but it eventually builds up and I just get upset.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
People wont understand what I feel just by words, imho. Words covers the general feeling, but doesn't convey all of it, which is really annoying. I think it's better to know at least what you're getting into when you jump into new experiences. A lot of the things I've done on a whim in the past have cost my parents money and gotten them pretty annoyed with me. Actions definitely speak louder than words, even if not everyone seems to understand that.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Staying home. Unless it's someone really important and the night sounds likes a lot, a lot of fun and isn't at a venue I wouldn't enjoy. Or unless it was a really good friend who needed me.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I lose control over my emotions more easily and seem to cry a bit. I try to counter this with logic, like "it's just hormones", or "another week and it's over.". I get a bit snappish and rather being on my own, even if it's a bit lonely.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Braggarts annoy me like hell. I dislike those people who feel 'fake', They should be more honest. Those who don't appear consider the feelings of others and are self-centered. Those who are indecisive are terrible too. I mean really, just make up your mind! Between A and B just pick out the one you think you like more! Those who are overly dramatic, close-minded, and think i'm stupid. Uptight-ness. Also people who don't respect the choices of others and are quick to judge, even if i'm guilty of probably doing the same :s

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
My interests, mostly, and deeper issues. I like hypothetical situations for how much information I can gather on them, knowing how things and people work. I like talking about childhood, because mine was fun and I assume everyone else's was enjoyable to some extent at least. Sometimes the less-discussed topics are the best. Issues dealing with morality, though more in the modern sense as opposed to like causes and stuff. Also things I'm knowledgeable in.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
I don't pay enough attention to it to notice? Hmmmm, maybe politics and finances. Politics just seems so stupid. Politicians all seem a bit funny in the head and tend to repeat themselves in a fancy way. I don't think I pay enough attention to planning my finances (in general, the future) and those kinds of organizational skills. I'm an on a whim spender :(

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
Pretty sure they think of me as a kid - one without worries who can live as she pleases, gentle, fun-loving, a bit childish, annoyingly affectionate, naive and trusting. It's not completely wrong, but it's not all true, and that's not all there is. I worry a lot, but it's generally about future things. I can see where I am, and where I want to be, but the between is blank, and that is terrifying. I like to have fun, I like to be comfortable and belonging. I like others to have fun and feel comfortable and belonging. It's not that I blindly trust and am affectionate with everyone without doubt; I just trust them enough to be blinded by it, and feel safe enough to run in for hugs. I don't blindly trust everyone. If they seem to be nice, I will give them a fair go. I like people, even if I think people are generally stupid and overly dramatic. I'm selfish, and the reason why I ask them if they're okay is because I want them to be okay. Though I'm not as knowledgeable in some areas, that doesn't mean I'm naive, it just means that I actually don't know. I also sometimes feel a lot more mature than everyone around me.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Sleeping, internet, maybe some craft if I have something in mind. Talk to friends online, listen to music, perhaps cook. Loll around the house - I like climbing on the table or counter and just lying there when no one needs it. The ceiling is quite nice to look at, and I love daydreaming. Depends how I feel on the day, really.

·
Banned
600 Posts
@amatsuki That's some delightful Fi usage throughout the post, there's hardly any doubt in my mind that you're indeed a Fi-dom. :proud:

I get the feeling that you're an INFP who is developing Si now. Parts like "In practice though, I like to understand why what is happening is happening." sound very Ne-like.

If I'm wrong about that, that leaves ISFP with a developing Ni but I didn't see Ni anywhere in that post.

As always, take this with a grain of salt, it's just my own opinion. =) I hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I got to question seven and I felt the Se was dripping off of you. It was now, now, now or at least it felt that way when I tried to get into your head space. If that's not Se personified in a person then I don't know what is. Only have one life, the puzzles, the races, the animations, the colors, the loopholes, the exclamation marks, the practical uses, hands on learning, etc. It's like you are trying to paint a vivid realistic picture of everything you have gone threw in your head space that made you think/feel. It's very detailed. Everything to me points to Se but I am new to typing so I think you could benefit from further opinions. But I do think you are Se. If you are only having problems with Se or Ne I think Se is it. ISFP over INFP.

I also saw inferior Ni at question 5 when you tried to think about the future. That seems to cause you a lot of stress the idea that people are seeing things that aren't there and that you don't see. You imagine that they feel more assured in what they are doing and you feel like you don't. I imagine that is what Ni would think of Ne - that Ne is seeing so many things that Ni isn't getting and it's making it feel a bit cagey because it wants to know what can go wrong or what is there, etc. I think the brightness and optimism in you was a like a sun and that for some reason spoke to me of S over N. I'll continue looking over it but my initial gut feeling tells me Se.

Finished and yeah I think Se is definitely there along with Fi.

@firedell should also be able to help. She's strong at typing and she is an ISFP.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
(eek I want to do this mention thing on you but I have no idea how :X)

Thank you so much for your input! I better looked up the 8 cognitive thingers and will probably continue to do so :)

If 'I' Is introverted, and 'F' means introverted feeling, I can definitely see those two being correct, haha.

With Se/Si and Ne/Ni, I can completely understand all four, which pretty much brings me back to square one in that aspect ;A;

That being said, in my mind it's boiling down to the argument between my day dreamy side and the side that sees the trees before the forest. I think of 'what if's whenever I let my mind wander, but I often pay so much attention to detail that only one part of a piece of work will end up looking top notch.

Both Te and Ti sounded completely foreign though :s Is there a reason why P/J aren't cognitive functions? :eek:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Both Te and Ti sounded completely foreign though :s Is there a reason why P/J aren't cognitive functions? :eek:
They are (P/J) but they are linked to the other cognitive functions. Fe --> FJ, Fi --> FP in feeling types. If you are an introverted feeler preference you are FP. Fi-dominant IxFP. Fe preference users are FJ's. Fe-dominant ExFJ. You don't strike me as an extroverted feeler at all, your opinions mean more to you then the feelings of others. I saw that in questions 17, 14 and 11 and you seem to dislike those who are fake - that seems Fi. I think a Fe user would be more accepting of the fakeness because it would blend into the theme of non-confrontation. A Fi user would likely chafe at it though.

Te is the function that both INFP's and ISFP's are weak in, it's their inferior function. I saw Te in question 15 actually. You try to outwardly reason why you feel a certain way even if it may not be hardcore logical. Usually inferior Te manifests in a way to "justify" our emotional, feelings and states because we want to seem rational so we take outward thoughts, logic, reasoning and build that to protect our feelings. It's inferior though so to us it's a subjective form of logic we take from the outside to justify our feelings. That's usually how Fi-Te works. Te in Fi-doms works to protect the Fi. I would say from the way you answered you seem to be more S then N. You talk about actions being worth more to you then words says that along with a lot of the other things in your post.

Ti would be more along the lines of thinking inside yourself internally and logically working things out in your mind to your own standards of logic. It doesn't really come from the outside. Ti users also typically process things internally more then Te users. Te users usually will express their thoughts out loud and they can talk over each other because they need to get their thoughts out and express them.

·
Banned
600 Posts
(eek I want to do this mention thing on you but I have no idea how :X)
Use @ before the name. :happy:

After reading the posts from @Arrow and getting some feedback from @Paradigm, I'm more convinced of ISFP. I somehow missed the dislike for indecisiveness from question 16, that's a pretty heavy blow against Ne preference.

Have fun reading about the cognitive functions, I hope you learn more about yourself!

(On a side note... I don't think you're a type 5, but that's for another forum section)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I also saw inferior Ni at question 5 when you tried to think about the future. That seems to cause you a lot of stress the idea that people are seeing things that aren't there and that you don't see. You imagine that they feel more assured in what they are doing and you feel like you don't. I imagine that is what Ni would think of Ne - that Ne is seeing so many things that Ni isn't getting and it's making it feel a bit cagey because it wants to know what can go wrong or what is there, etc. I think the brightness and optimism in you was a like a sun and that for some reason spoke to me of S over N. I'll continue looking over it but my initial gut feeling tells me Se.
Oh god I nearly cried reading this; totally hits home. I had a long conversation with a close friend of mine today about the same topic (without cognitive knowledge though,) Everyone totally seems to know what they're doing, accomplishing what they want so quickly and so amazingly, and yet I'm still trying to gain a stable footing :c

Hahaha that bit about the sun was very flattering, thank you! c: I love language; it can't completely convey what I feel inside to everyone else, because of time/experience and other variable factors, but it does come mighty close.

At a guess, P and J differ because Perceiving is more to do with one's self, whereas judging would need to take more than one's own feelings into account? Hmm, definitely a P then, and definitely a Fi :) Ti and Te make a bit more sense now, but I think you're right in that it's a weak point. Raw logic works in puzzles and factual systems like math, but doesn't seem something I feel would be applicable over most real situations.

Thank you @Arrow and @Overflow for your reviews, they were very helpful. I think I need to better understand these cognitive functions, they seem a bit more complex than I originally thought. (Also thanks for teaching me how to mention, LOL) I think ISFP does seem like a better pick after hearing both sides. Thanks again for taking the time to look this over, it's much appreciated ♥(ノ´∀`)

I agree with the not being a Type 5 thing! Every single time though, it comes out as either a 5w6 (usually) or a 5w4 (less than usually) This will probably be the next thing I look into, hahah!

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
I have been called. ;)

Some of your answers scared me, because they sounded like myself. You are Fi dom for sure, there is no doubt about that. Sometimes I saw hints of Ne, and sometimes hints of Se.

I am finding it difficult, I don't want to say you are defiantly INFP, or ISFP. Depending on your age, sometimes it's hard to find the person's type when cognitive functions aren't fully "developed". But I am leaning towards INFP for some reason.

Here is a cognitive function assessment so we can help you a bit more. But honestly reading about them will get you better results.
Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
They are (P/J) but they are linked to the other cognitive functions. Fe --> FJ, Fi --> FP in feeling types. If you are an introverted feeler preference you are FP. Fi-dominant IxFP. Fe preference users are FJ's. Fe-dominant ExFJ. You don't strike me as an extroverted feeler at all, your opinions mean more to you then the feelings of others. I saw that in questions 17, 14 and 11 and you seem to dislike those who are fake - that seems Fi. I think a Fe user would be more accepting of the fakeness because it would blend into the theme of non-confrontation. A Fi user would likely chafe at it though.

Te is the function that both INFP's and ISFP's are weak in, it's their inferior function. I saw Te in question 15 actually. You try to outwardly reason why you feel a certain way even if it may not be hardcore logical. Usually inferior Te manifests in a way to "justify" our emotional, feelings and states because we want to seem rational so we take outward thoughts, logic, reasoning and build that to protect our feelings. It's inferior though so to us it's a subjective form of logic we take from the outside to justify our feelings. That's usually how Fi-Te works. Te in Fi-doms works to protect the Fi. I would say from the way you answered you seem to be more S then N. You talk about actions being worth more to you then words says that along with a lot of the other things in your post.

Ti would be more along the lines of thinking inside yourself internally and logically working things out in your mind to your own standards of logic. It doesn't really come from the outside. Ti users also typically process things internally more then Te users. Te users usually will express their thoughts out loud and they can talk over each other because they need to get their thoughts out and express them.
I noticed her neurosis around Ni as well, and related to it.

I'd definitely go SFP over NFP for this reason. I test INFP a great deal of the time too, fwiw.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts