Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I’ve been introduced to the MBTI test a long time ago but someone I know recently talked about it. He wanted to know what I am and since that day I’ve been obsessed with the MBTI (I’m a huge fan of psychology)

First time I got tested, I got INFP. I thought “meh, could apply to everthis me” .

Then when I did the test again because of my friend, I got ISFP (he hesitated between ISTP and ISFP). I’ve read the whole Wikipedia article and was like “wow what the fuck that’s so me”

I was persuaded I was ISFP for a long time, but one day I decided to read the Wikipedia article for INFP and got very disturbed.

Said that INFPs are very good at language.

French (main language is french)?was my strongest subject in elementary school and high school. I was instinctively good at french because I knew that if a word seemed ugly it was not written well. My teachers were offen impressed by my vocabulary at young age.

HOWEVER...

I = Introverted
N = Abstract thinking
F = Emotional
P = Taking your time before making decisions

I = Yes, I’m 100 % introverted
F = Yes, I feel emotions strongly and can be blinded by them easily
P = Fuck yes, I take so much time to make up my mind

But N ? Me, an abstract thinker ? I don’t know about that. I used to be very shit at mat and science in school. I think I might even have dyscalculia (like dyslexia but with numbers).

Also, what bothers me the most is the fact that even when reading about the differences between ISFPs and INFPs I can’t decide at all what I am. Sometimes when I get tested I get INFP and sometimes I get ISFP.

Anyway, I’ll talk about myself now so it can be easier for you to help me. Ask me questions if you have doubts.

- I’m a 19 years guy
- I live in Canada and hate the snow and weather. It depresses me, I wanna live in California or Florida.
- I felt like being in a mist and was low in energy since I was young
- When I was young I would look at the sky through the window of my apartment and be amazed that a God exists up here and swore that I would be a good person for my whole life (I am now an atheist)
- I’d rather become a singer than writer and found my voice to be potentially good when I practiced
- I used to do boxing casually and loved it. Lost my passion because of some events. In fact I lost my passion for everything since a lot of shit happened. Loved the fact that I had to prepare for fights and to beat someone with all my will and my fighting grace. Was anxious before training tho (but typically loved hitting the bags, sparrings and being drenched in sweat at the end)
- Favorite color is turquoise
- Favorite animes are Monster Berserk Gintama NHK ni youkosou and Angel Beats
- Favorite type of music is J-Rock
- I overthink all the time and I am very stressed when in conflict
- My greatest dream is to stop giving a fuck totally and to do what I want
- I fall in love with skinny girls with beautiful faces and hairs but typically want to smash thick girls
- When I was younger my only goal in life was to get a GF
- I break things when i’m angry

What am I ?

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,261 Posts
from this little bit I'd also say probably ISFP.

One note is that plenty of INFPs struggle with math and science. INFP's intuition is often more directed towards subjects like psychology, philosophy and literature. If you go in for function theory, INFP's Ne (extroverted intuition) tends to generate lots of loosely related ideas and explores different perspectives and 'what if' scenarios, it's like Ne minds bounce off the present always being sent off in some other direction. INFPs tend to get lost in thought a lot, while ISFPs tend to be more about enjoying the moment here and now because their Se (extroverted sensing) draws them to first hand experience.

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,636 Posts
You sound ISFP, but keep learning about the true nature of iNtuition and Sensing and the other cognitive functions. Abstract concepts aren't beyond your reach.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
from this little bit I'd also say probably ISFP.

One note is that plenty of INFPs struggle with math and science. INFP's intuition is often more directed towards subjects like psychology, philosophy and literature. If you go in for function theory, INFP's Ne (extroverted intuition) tends to generate lots of loosely related ideas and explores different perspectives and 'what if' scenarios, it's like Ne minds bounce off the present always being sent off in some other direction. INFPs tend to get lost in thought a lot, while ISFPs tend to be more about enjoying the moment here and now because their Se (extroverted sensing) draws them to first hand experience.
That’s where I’m so confused, I actuallly enjoy reading about philosophy and psychology and I’m always overthinking, everyone says I’m an ISFP but I seem so INFP too

·
Electronica Wizard
6,687 Posts
Being a sensor does not determine our lack of interest in psychology and philosophy and overthinking is a trait that every type has.
You say that you overthink whenever you are stress and tend to be a critique. That seems like an inferior Te at work.. Same as INFP and ISFP. From what little information you've provided, it's more directed to Se than Si. No mentions of whether Ni or Ne oriented. Need to be more specific.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts