Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have taken maybe 2-3 different personality types and ALWAYS resulted in "INFP". :sad: I thought I was an ISFP... I mean, I have read the "You know you're a ____ when..." for both and I thought I related the ISFP more than the INFP... Well anyway, I'll give a 100% honest assessment about myself:

I am obviously introverted, though I make sure I "check in" with my loved ones and try to at least be in the same room with them so they won't feel lonely (and because I have a weird habit of getting sick of one room, so I keep changing rooms so that I don't get bored, LMAO!) and then come back to my room to introspect some more. I am usually nocturnal and don't understand why people HAVE to sleep at night and wake up early in the morning... In fact, I hate early mornings and noons. SO BORING! :crazy:

Hmm... I am sensitive for sure, and it's hard to keep it under wraps no matter how hard I try... People always know how I feel by the expression on my face. (And maybe because, deep down, I want them to figure out why I'm upset.) I love animals and children, and have an appreciation for beauty, especially that of nature. I don't mind routine, but when I do something completely out of the ordinary, I feel very exhilarated and excited. I just love spontaneity. I cry when other people cry, even if they're just TV characters. :laughing: I am very affectionate to those I love, and love hugs more than anything.

I LOVE to help people... If there's ever an opportunity to help someone without getting anything out of it, I jump at it without a second thought. Making other people happy, makes me happy too. I never felt like I belonged anywhere, and I still do feel this way. I feel like I'm some sort of martian. It's hard to keep my thoughts to myself... I make faces and even start talking to myself when having intense thoughts. :proud: I am very obsessive compulsive, always checking things to see if they're "right", before calming down... And then do the same process the day after that. I make lists for no reason at all. I am talented in writing and creating stories. I start things without the intention of finishing them. I hate it when I'm trying to look for something when it's RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF MY FACE and it takes me a long time before I realize it. :crying:

I love humor and everything funny. Making myself and other people laugh is the meaning of life to me. I love my lava lamp. I stare at people a lot without meaning to. My head is in the clouds a lot, and it makes people angry, it seems. :tongue: I don't understand cruelty, especially animal cruelty... Omg my heart breaks for them! :sad: My room is always messy... Whenever I clean up after myself and promise myself that I'll keep my room clean, well, let's just say I always fail. Big time.

Sooo yeah. That's me in a nutshell. So, am I an ISFP? Or an INFP? Thank you!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
A lot of people struggle with the ISFP and INFP differences. Allow me to throw in my two cents.

As an ISFP one of your driving forces is the Se/Ni combination. Se being Extraverted Sensing and Ni being introverted intuition. What this means is that you have an internal ideal world of perceptions of what might be: Theories of a pattern and so on. ISFPs are compelled to explore the external world and all the possibilities that lie within the moment because they want to figure out what fits with reality and what does not with their preconceived ideas.

INFPs have the Ne/Si combination. Ne being extraverted intuition and Si being introverted sensing. This means you look for a foundation of principles to ground yourself in a theoretical world. Ne is a possibility finder. Ne motivates you to try new approaches to an issue. As a result, INFPs are fascinated by large challenging problems. INFPs are much more interested in interpreting meanings and connections from things than experiencing, interacting and reacting to the concrete world.

You don't have to be totally on one side. I have a lot of intuition qualities so I'm not all sensory boring.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts