Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this on discoveryourpersonality.com.

Here are some statistics for ISFPs:

• Among the highest persisters in college.
  • In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Watching TV 3 or more hours per day" and "Watching TV for leisure"
  • Underrepresented in "Reading," "Working out/exercising," "Writing," "Appreciating art," and "Taking classes, going to school."
  • Academic subject preferred: practical skills.
  • Lowest of all types in national sample liking work environments with "Variety of tasks"
  • 1 of 3 highest types in favoring "Loyalty & security," "Making the job as simple as possible," and "No expectation of extra hours"
  • Include among top 3 desirable work characteristics "Clear structure" and "Independence & achievement."
  • In national sample, greatest dissatisfiers in the work environment were "Promotions," "Job security," and "Salary."
  • In national sample, among those with lowest income and unlikely to leave job.
  • Ranked 15th of 16 types in using emotional coping resources and 16th using physical coping resources; ranked 15th in total resources.
  • In national sample, ranked highest in "Ever had heart disease/hypertension."
  • In national sample, highest in coping with stress by "Trying to avoid stressful situations," "Getting upset or angry and not showing it," "Sleeping," and "Watching TV."

·
Registered
470 Posts
Not sure we're under-represented in appreciating art and reading. Those are two of the only things we do like. :mellow:

Also, I hate TV. But I like the part about coping with stress by "avoiding stressful situations". Yes to that.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Reading those stats annoyed me. ;_; SIGH!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Reading those stats annoyed me. ;_; SIGH!
I think a lot of those stats are wrong. It could be from a survey based on a bad/skewed MBTI test. In a lot of those tests, well adjusted ISFPs wrongly score as ISTP or sometimes INFP so they don't get counted properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fitness fanatic. Weights and cardio. I enjoy art and music. TV bores me. I make a good living. Disliked school. I do need my space. I'm a recovering addict w/many years clean. My relationships remain superficial for the most part. I'm still waiting for another ISFP to sweep me off my feet. :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
I usually don't like reading, but I appreciate art a big time. Even my wife doesn't understand why I need to have art in the house, either on the wall or on shelves as ornoments.

Reactions: XL Sweatshirt

·
Registered
959 Posts
B-but I don't want any heart diseases! T_T
I agree with the coping with stress stuff though...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love reading..I jump around the book alot though and read my fave passages over and over..yep, those stats annoyed me too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
TV just seems to bore me as well..
i love art so much, and i'm fascinated by reading! (don't forget sports though i'm a bike fanatic)
These stats suprise me and i would like to see if the sources are relaible.:proud:

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Watching TV 3 or more hours per day" and "Watching TV for leisure"
True.

Underrepresented in "Reading," "Working out/exercising," "Writing," "Appreciating art," and "Taking classes, going to school."
I like reading, looking at art, creating art, and I enjoy learning.

Academic subject preferred: practical skills.
Not really.

• Lowest of all types in national sample liking work environments with "Variety of tasks"
  • 1 of 3 highest types in favoring "Loyalty & security," "Making the job as simple as possible," and "No expectation of extra hours"
  • Include among top 3 desirable work characteristics "Clear structure" and "Independence & achievement."
  • In national sample, greatest dissatisfiers in the work environment were "Promotions," "Job security," and "Salary."
  • In national sample, among those with lowest income and unlikely to leave job.
True, true, true, true, false.

In national sample, ranked highest in "Ever had heart disease/hypertension."
I have very low blood pressure, so there.

In national sample, highest in coping with stress by "Trying to avoid stressful situations," "Getting upset or angry and not showing it," "Sleeping," and "Watching TV."
I can't sleep if I am stressed.

·
Banned
145 Posts
I was gonna wait a week before posting, until I was sure I was this. Lol. It's the journey, not the destination.
It surprises me that they are ranked so low in appreciating art when they are called "the artists.":shocked: This weekend, I had been reading about conflicts between individualist and colllectivist values among native american artists, and it made me think that maybe I should join (or found, lol) some sort of artist's commune where it's not all about the money and the competition. Maybe the ISFPs who do not appreciate art feel that way because they have seen what struggles the ones who do appreciate art and try to have careers in the field go through. :frustrating:

·
Registered
16 Posts
ehh i dont trust these statistics because of the website they came from. they have alot of the same statistics for personality types and errors and such.

Among the highest persisters in college. ---- wrong. isfps are known for not going for college
In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Watching TV 3 or more hours per day" and "Watching TV for leisure" -----thats probably tru
Underrepresented in "Reading," "Working out/exercising," "Writing," "Appreciating art," and "Taking classes, going to school."
Academic subject preferred: practical skills. ----WRONG. the personality type is known as the artists, we appreciate art. i love reading. isfps do hate school and work tho. we are extremely lazy.
Lowest of all types in national sample liking work environments with "Variety of tasks" - wrong were known for being wierd and diverse. we have alot of ranging and random activities.
1 of 3 highest types in favoring "Loyalty & security," "Making the job as simple as possible," and "No expectation of extra hours" - thats tru. were loyal and like other loyal people. security is nice, i dont care about it too much but other isfps probably do.
Include among top 3 desirable work characteristics "Clear structure" and "Independence & achievement." - tru, were commonly called independent. i always have been.
In national sample, among those with lowest income and unlikely to leave job. - probably tru with earning less. - but wrong cuz isfps are known for being unsure in their careers and spontaneously abandoning them, not staying in the same job forever
Ranked 15th of 16 types in using emotional coping resources and 16th using physical coping resources; ranked 15th in total resources. - probably tru, were sensitive
In national sample, ranked highest in "Ever had heart disease/hypertension." - idk??
In national sample, highest in coping with stress by "Trying to avoid stressful situations," "Getting upset or angry and not showing it," "Sleeping," and "Watching TV." - truu

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
ehh i dont trust these statistics because of the website they came from. they have alot of the same statistics for personality types and errors and such.

Among the highest persisters in college. ---- wrong. isfps are known for not going for college
In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Watching TV 3 or more hours per day" and "Watching TV for leisure" -----thats probably tru
Academic subject preferred: practical skills. ----WRONG. the personality type is known as the artists, we appreciate art. i love reading. isfps do hate school and work tho. we are extremely lazy.
Lowest of all types in national sample liking work environments with "Variety of tasks" - wrong were known for being wierd and diverse. we have alot of ranging and random activities.
1 of 3 highest types in favoring "Loyalty & security," "Making the job as simple as possible," and "No expectation of extra hours" - thats tru. were loyal and like other loyal people. security is nice, i dont care about it too much but other isfps probably do.
Include among top 3 desirable work characteristics "Clear structure" and "Independence & achievement." - tru, were commonly called independent. i always have been.
In national sample, among those with lowest income and unlikely to leave job. - probably tru with earning less. - but wrong cuz isfps are known for being unsure in their careers and spontaneously abandoning them, not staying in the same job forever
Ranked 15th of 16 types in using emotional coping resources and 16th using physical coping resources; ranked 15th in total resources. - probably tru, were sensitive
In national sample, ranked highest in "Ever had heart disease/hypertension." - idk??
In national sample, highest in coping with stress by "Trying to avoid stressful situations," "Getting upset or angry and not showing it," "Sleeping," and "Watching TV." - truu
This guy is right. This survey is a load of B.S.
Dont believe any of it.

And to add to it I've heard from here and there that ISFPs can be seemingly healthy eaters so then how would we have heart disease? I dont watch much TV (although I do watch the occasional movie or two through netflix). And ISFPs dont seem too fond of "clear structure." We like to be able to do a variety of different things and try new things - not be bound to structure.
What a load of BS.:dry:

·
Registered
407 Posts
* Among the highest persisters in college -------- no way.......only at college coz im the only child... all hopes are placed onto me.....

* In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Watching TV 3 or more hours per day" and "Watching TV for leisure" ------ i don't watch tv coz my attention span is too low for anything that lasts more than 1/2 hour, i prefer my computer :)

* Underrepresented in "Reading," "Working out/exercising," "Writing," "Appreciating art," and "Taking classes, going to school." ----- All true except appreciating art, my favourite procrastination is browsing deviantart

* Academic subject preferred: practical skills. -------- true, theories bore me.... and i don't see the point in learning it unless i know how the theories can be applied

* Lowest of all types in national sample liking work environments with "Variety of tasks" ---- we have short attention span remember?
* 1 of 3 highest types in favoring "Loyalty & security," "Making the job as simple as possible," and "No expectation of extra hours"----- obviously, duh!!
* Include among top 3 desirable work characteristics "Clear structure" and "Independence & achievement." -------- true, i prefer easy to follow instructions, and bad at team working..
* In national sample, greatest dissatisfiers in the work environment were "Promotions," "Job security," and "Salary." -- not that important for me, as long as i can live with some spare, i m fine
* In national sample, among those with lowest income and unlikely to leave job. -----true, only in university right now because of my parents, otherwise, i would've gone straight to work after a-levels, or study art/design courses instead
* Ranked 15th of 16 types in using emotional coping resources and 16th using physical coping resources; ranked 15th in total resources. -----????????
* In national sample, ranked highest in "Ever had heart disease/hypertension." -- it's true that i always look depressed.....
* In national sample, highest in coping with stress by "Trying to avoid stressful situations," "Getting upset or angry and not showing it," "Sleeping," and "Watching TV." ------- sleeping is the best way to cope with stress

1 - 20 of 27 Posts