Personality Cafe banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Meh, I'm not a consistent reader, but I read. I'm responsible in school. Only watch certain tv shows online. I appreciate music most of all, rather than visual art. I bike.. but that's something new to me. I definitely do NOT want to be counted in the statistic that said we earned the lowest income.

·
Registered
719 Posts
[*]Among the highest persisters in college.--I have to admit, I've been quite persistent, yet unsuccessful in completing my BA yet. :/

[*]In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Watching TV 3 or more hours per day" and "Watching TV for leisure"--I personally almost never watch tv. Haven't had cable in years. And only in recent months gotten a tv... which was really a hand me down. Only wanted it to watch the occasional movie. Only in the last two months have I gotten a netflix account and been watching television shows. But it's mostly for background noise when I'm doing stuff like drawing, or reading here on the forum.

[*]Underrepresented in "Reading," "Working out/exercising," "Writing," "Appreciating art," and "Taking classes, going to school."--I don't believe this. I've been more lethargic as of lately. (It's stupid hot where I live.) But I love going on long walks. Hikes. I used to be an intense cross country runner. Enjoyed yoga and general stretching. And would usually do sets of crunches and squats every day. I was pretty anal about it.
Also, I spend a great deal of my time appreciating art. I love looking up artist and reviewing their work. Going to art festivals. Museums on occasion. And surfing deviant art appreciating the more amateur artist.
I also love to learn and read up on my interests by going to the library and finding books on the topic, or researching online. I tend to go through phases when it comes to fiction, though.

[*]Academic subject preferred: practical skills.--mmk. True. But for fun, I enjoy theories.

[*]Lowest of all types in national sample liking work environments with "Variety of tasks"--Seriously? I prefer variety. But I also don't understand why this was even in the statistic.

[*]Ranked 15th of 16 types in using emotional coping resources and 16th using physical coping resources; ranked 15th in total resources.--Wait, does this mean we ranked low in using emotional coping resources? How do we cope then?

[*]In national sample, ranked highest in "Ever had heart disease/hypertension."--Really???? I don't buy it.

[*]In national sample, highest in coping with stress by "Trying to avoid stressful situations," "Getting upset or angry and not showing it," "Sleeping," and "Watching TV."--IDK about the avoiding stressful situations thing. I don't generally hide my feelings unless they are inappropriate. Like being angry at work. But I'm aggressive and generally want to talk things out, rather than to be passive and aggressive. So I don't hold back and hide. Also, I don't sleep or watch tv when I'm stressed. I'm actually quite proactive when I'm actually stressed. Though my, more often, lack of motivation is what leads me to stress in the first place.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts