Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! :)
I already posted a similar thread in the INFP forum, but I recently figured out I'm an ISFP
:p
So I'm curious to hear (read I guess) what you guys have to say! :)

Q: What is advice you'd give to ISFP teens? What do you wish you would've known/done back then?

I would appreciate all your sage wisdom
:proud:
(I hope this pretty colored thread annoys you :D)

·
Registered
475 Posts
YOU WILL HAVE TO BE MORE SPECIFIC.

YOUR QUESTION IS OVERLY VAGUE, WHICH IS PROBABLY THE REASON OF WHY THIS THREAD HAD TWELVE "VIEWS", BUT ZERO REPLIES.

:dry:
Don't mind him, wannabe novelty account(or a very annoying person lol).

Hrm... I'd finished high school just a bit over a year ago now, the one thing I suggest is doing stuff with your friends outside of school, I don't think I did enough of it. Oh and make the most of it, I wish I did(I hate university :sad:).

·
Registered
2,783 Posts

YOUR QUESTION IS OVERLY VAGUE, WHICH IS PROBABLY THE REASON OF WHY THIS THREAD HAD TWELVE "VIEWS", BUT ZERO REPLIES.

You are correct sir, but why not actually try to offer some worthy advice. Now 'worthy' is subjective and maybe vague as well but maybe that's where 'common' sense comes into play....

And to point out that it's vague, has 12 views, and zero replies may be factual but it has an air of criticism as well and cmon' man.....she's just looking for help/advice not criticism on how she posts. Just sayin'.......

Ok, my lowly advice would be to definitely plan out for schooling after high school. Set goals and set up how to work to obtain them. And really think deep about what you love and what you want and look for a career that's fitting for you and your interests.

This is nerdy as hell and i don't really even like Star Trek that much but:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
To be true to yourself, don't listen to other people who are trying to tell you what you should do or how should you behave, respect yourself, other people are not smarter than you, listen to your heart, follow your dreams and don't try to fit in ;)

·
Registered
191 Posts
-Procrastination and insecurity will ruin you. (well at least it for me when I was in high school...)
-Find out what your strengths are and cherish yourself for them.
-Put some serious thought into what you want out of life, where you want to be, and who you want to be.
-Love yourself.
-Cut out negative, fake, dramatic girls.
-Don't base your opinion of yourself on the guys you meet, your friends, etc
-Read books!

I was a really shitty student when I was in high school, I barely attended my senior year, I half-assed everything and I wasn't all that involved. Don't be like me. Try and focus on your studies no matter how dull it may seem, take advantage of programs/event/clubs that are offered in at your school they're freeeeeeeeeee once you leave high school you'll have to pay for everything :dry:

I love that blue you're using and the font too, its awesome. :cool:

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Hmm... Here's my list:

- I wish I hadn't let the "in-crowd" get to me. They may have been the "in-crowd" in high school, but nobody gave a crap once high school was over!
- I wish I would have spoke up more when someone was being bullied...and I wish I would have thanked the popular girl for trying to get her friends to leave me alone...
- I wish I would have put a little more effort into my work. I hardly ever studied for any tests and pulled off a high GPA... If I had studied I probably could have had an easy 4.0.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Do you think GPA really matters that much though?
I get a 4.5 but work myself crazy :(
Sometimes I wish I didn't care
Depends on your college preference really. For me, it didn't matter because I was going to start out at a community college... But I think my friend had to have really good ACT/SAT scores and a good GPA to get accepted to her college.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah you're right...
how was starting off at community college?
I've thought about it for money reasons to get the basic courses out of the way

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry if this is a dumb question...but do you have to go to a community college in the state you live in?

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
Be in sync with your feelings, always. If not you can easily get overwhelmed when least expecting it. You shouldn't stick your head in the sand, you should just acknowledge that you have the feelings and ask yourself how you can proceed to make it feel better.

F...

Never mind, just go away please. You're not being particularly helpful.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Here's my list

-if you have a passion follow it no matter what anyone else says, because if you don't then you will always feel like you aren't living your life the way should want to. you will become sad and resentful

-don't take things too seriously. you will look back and wish you had been more carefree.

-don't take other people's opinions too seriously. don't think that anyone else is better than you.

-don't think that you are abnormal. even if you are, it's probably better to be different than like everyone else.

-don't be bullied or pressured into doing things. stand up for yourself because people will take your kindness and quietness and weakness sometimes.

·
Registered
163 Posts
In my opinion...
ISFP normally don't "teach" sth to others...
as it always implies to change, or even to manipulate the others...
(give advice is also sth like that, unless you know sth about the person and you give him/her advice...)
that's not what ISFP want...
but if you state that, please SHARE some personal opinion...
I think ISFP would be more likely to do so...
(Just my opinion, I dunno if that's true...)

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
When multiple people tell you that you are talented at something, you are. Use it to your advantage.

If a person routinely causes you to worry about tomorrow or the next week (etc) then they will continue to do so. It's not the situation, it's them. Get rid of them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts