Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ISFP personalities are characterized by their impulsiveness, their defiance of conformity and orthodoxy, and their competitive natures. Taken together, these traits make up the ideal crackpot. While an ISFP's personality might seem flighty and their attention span short to an outsider, ISFPs live by the motto "Life is best approach--oh, look, potato chips!"

ISFPs are always on the cutting edge of new trends. Whether it's podcasting, taking up guitar, or running away to a far-off east African compound and joining a doomsday apocalyptic cult, ISFPs are always following their hearts and quickly embracing new ideas. However, they tend to be fleeting in their passions, which means they often may lack the dedication that marks a true cultist. While ISFPs often lack the dedication most people give to careers and family, they can still support themselves in more unorthodox ways, like by selling blood plasma, turning tricks, and mooching off their family.

RECREATION: ISFPs enjoy activities that cater to their emotional passions, and often pursue many hobbies, such as music, painting, sculpting, and running off to Vegas to marry that cute waitress from Mack's Truck Stop over on Route 9. Whenever God speaks to someone, it's usually an ISFP.

COMPATIBILITY: ISFPs do well in relationships with ISFJs and with anyone they meet in Las Vegas.

Famous ISFPs include Joan of Arc and--oh, look, potato chips!

·
Registered
50 Posts
ISFPs often lack the dedication most people give to careers and family
Yup, that's me.

they can still support themselves in more unorthodox ways, like by selling blood plasma, turning tricks, and mooching off their family.
But there's no way I will let this happen to me.

Anyway where did you get this?

·
Registered
3,372 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
ISFP personalities are characterized by their impulsiveness, their defiance of conformity and orthodoxy, and their competitive natures.

?

·
Forum Conspiracy Theorist
11,218 Posts
openskittles

"Life is best approach--oh, look, potato chips!"
That sounds like ADHD

·
Registered
477 Posts
ISFP personalities are characterized by their impulsiveness, their defiance of conformity and orthodoxy, and their competitive natures. Taken together, these traits make up the ideal crackpot. While an ISFP's personality might seem flighty and their attention span short to an outsider, ISFPs live by the motto "Life is best approach--oh, look, potato chips!". Except without the potato chips

ISFPs are always on the cutting edge of new trends. Whether it's podcasting, taking up guitar, or running away to a far-off east African compound and joining a doomsday apocalyptic cult, ISFPs are always following their hearts and quickly embracing new ideas. However, they tend to be fleeting in their passions, which means they often may lack the dedication that marks a true cultist. While ISFPs often lack the dedication most people give to careers and family, they can still support themselves in more unorthodox ways, like by selling blood plasma, turning tricks, and mooching off their family. Last sentence is pretty inacurate. I'm pretty dedicated and can set my mind to stuff. Getting me to donate blood is like getting bloody from a stone "you'e never get my blood you thieving scum, even if you give me free cookies afterwards" or "if they want my blood they can ask me personally". I'm not much of a trick whore or a music whore either. I dont like scabbing money off others either

RECREATION: ISFPs enjoy activities that cater to their emotional passions, and often pursue many hobbies, such as music, painting, sculpting, and running off to Vegas to marry that cute waitress from Mack's Truck Stop over on Route 9. Whenever God speaks to someone, it's usually an ISFP.
Yea thats pretty accurate. Except its me who skeaps to me, not God. Is there any real reason for wanting an air rifle? Na i just thought its pretty cool.

COMPATIBILITY: ISFPs do well in relationships with ISFJs and with anyone they meet in Las Vegas.

I think what makes me a crackpot is my odd hobbies and interests. And also when i turn into an idiot when i get over excited/drink too much stuff and i start throwing rice everywhere and making stupid noises. Extreme ambition sometimes gets the better of me. Especially when i have nothing better to do. Once resulted in me building a brick wall made of mud bricks.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Anyway where did you get this?
Whoever was the original author, they know how to twist ISFP quirks and go to the extreme with them.
It's from: The REAL Personality Types Made Relevant

There's a description like this for each personality type. They're pretty funny.

ENTJ: The Evil Overlord

The ENTJ is best characterized by his charisma, his ability to grasp complex situations and to think flexibly and creatively, his keen and active intelligence, and his overwhelming desire to crush the world beneath his boot. ENTJs are naturally outgoing and love the company of other people, particulalry minions, henchmen, slaves, and the others they rule with ruthless efficiency.

ENTJs usually die at the hand of secret government agents in a fiery cataclysm that destroys their entire underground fortress. Often, Evil Overlords will have a secret clone whose implanted memories contain all the knowledge and ambition of the original, stored in cryonic suspension in a safe location. The clone will appear in a sequel.

RECREATION: ENTJs enjoy spending their leisure time in groups, seeking out the company of others with whom they can exchange strategies and ideas, and test their mind control rays. They also enjoy competitive games which challenge them intellectually, such as chess, go, and "tell me where the missiles are or I'll open the pirhana cage and the girl dies."

COMPATIBILITY: Ideal companions include ENTPs, whose inventive natures often most useful; and ESTJs, who make excellent henchmen once the neural realignment is complete. ENTJs often employ the services of ISTJs but don't usually make good romantic partners with them. Under no circumstances should an ENTJ ever date an ENFJ; no good can come of it.

·
Registered
719 Posts
While an ISFP's personality might seem flighty and their attention span short to an outsider, ISFPs live by the motto "Life is best approach--oh, look, potato chips!"
A friend of mine died laughing when they read this description before. Though this probably has more to do with our flighty nature, there have been times, embarrassingly enough, when talking to him, I get completely distracted by some site or object. He now retorts back to me, "oh, look, potato chips!" all the time. haha.

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
This is actually scarily accurate, especially this line:

Whenever God speaks to someone, it's usually an ISFP

·
Registered
319 Posts
"While an ISFP's personality might seem flighty and their attention span short to an outsider, ISFPs live by the motto 'Life is best approach--oh, look, potato chips!'"

I found this part funny mainly because it reminds me of my behaviour in stores, especially at that arts and crafts store I was at yesterday.......... walk two feet Me:"OH LOOK AT THAT, IT'S SO COOL!" Friend: "Come on, let's go over here, think the paint is this way." walk two more feet "OH MY GOD, Look at that.......... OOOOOOOOO Flowers :D!" "OH squishy thing :D" "Ooooooooo, sparkly" and so on and so forth until we get what we need and get out. Yes, I really am like that in stores, you can't take me to a store and expect me not to make a comment about something sparkly, squishy, or so freakin' soft.

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
ISFP personalities are characterized by their impulsiveness, their defiance of conformity and orthodoxy, and their competitive natures. Taken together, these traits make up the ideal crackpot. While an ISFP's personality might seem flighty and their attention span short to an outsider, ISFPs live by the motto "Life is best approach--oh, look, potato chips!". Except without the potato chips

ISFPs are always on the cutting edge of new trends. Whether it's podcasting, taking up guitar, or running away to a far-off east African compound and joining a doomsday apocalyptic cult, ISFPs are always following their hearts and quickly embracing new ideas. However, they tend to be fleeting in their passions, which means they often may lack the dedication that marks a true cultist. While ISFPs often lack the dedication most people give to careers and family, they can still support themselves in more unorthodox ways, like by selling blood plasma, turning tricks, and mooching off their family. Last sentence is pretty inacurate. I'm pretty dedicated and can set my mind to stuff. Getting me to donate blood is like getting bloody from a stone "you'e never get my blood you thieving scum, even if you give me free cookies afterwards" or "if they want my blood they can ask me personally". I'm not much of a trick whore or a music whore either. I dont like scabbing money off others either

Yea thats pretty accurate. Except its me who skeaps to me, not God. Is there any real reason for wanting an air rifle? Na i just thought its pretty cool.

I think what makes me a crackpot is my odd hobbies and interests. And also when i turn into an idiot when i get over excited/drink too much stuff and i start throwing rice everywhere and making stupid noises. Extreme ambition sometimes gets the better of me. Especially when i have nothing better to do. Once resulted in me building a brick wall made of mud bricks.

ISFP personalities are characterized by their impulsiveness, their defiance of conformity and orthodoxy, and their competitive natures. Taken together, these traits make up the ideal crackpot. While an ISFP's personality might seem flighty and their attention span short to an outsider, ISFPs live by the motto "Life is best approach--oh, look, potato chips!"

I like how this describes us as impulsive and competitive as well as unorthodox. However, I'm usually distracted by taco trucks instead of chips.

ISFPs are always on the cutting edge of new trends. Whether it's podcasting, taking up guitar, or running away to a far-off east African compound and joining a doomsday apocalyptic cult, ISFPs are always following their hearts and quickly embracing new ideas. However, they tend to be fleeting in their passions, which means they often may lack the dedication that marks a true cultist. While ISFPs often lack the dedication most people give to careers and family, they can still support themselves in more unorthodox ways, like by selling blood plasma, turning tricks, and mooching off their family.

What is hilarious about this part is that I've run off to California, done the PSI training (which some people think of as a cult-like group), I have sold plasma and ovum, and worked as an exotic dancer.

This part is my favorite though because it sounds pretty much exactly like me. :kitteh:

It's actually a little scary how much it sounds like me....:shocked:

I thought Joan of Arc was an INFP.:unsure:

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
I quite like potato chips, sometimes! Though i am ridiculously easily distracted...

Reactions: Stephen and Amarose

·
Registered
456 Posts
Oh dears, this is an awful lot like me at times sadly. XD

Obviously not as extreme, but still. I especially identify with the fleeting passions bit. I've had many passions over the years, only writing has remained. o: Well that and dispensing advice and love to anyone who desires it. owo

Oh, and God doesn't speak to me. That's my spirit guide.

Ahaha :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow! I just started really researching my Personality and love this site. When I first read my type I cried because it was all so true and answered a lot of ?'s for me. As far as the "Crackpot" it describe me to the tee...lol I wish some one would have turn me on to Briggs earlier in life but I guess I hv to pick up the pieces and keep it moving. :cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts