Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To an ISFP, the world is brimming with sensory delights. 'Eye candy' is a term you're likely to hear from a traveler of this type, as he or she is able to truly 'taste' life. The expression of this can come out in many interesting ways, but the most enticing form seems to be capturing the environment in visual art- whether that be photography, painting, or graphic design...

ISFPs make great travel partners because of their delight in new experiences and cultures. It's important, though, that a companion realize ISFPs need plenty of downtime- they are not likely to tell you so themselves.

They may just slip away for awhile, or say "I'm going to go explore on my own for now" as a tactful way of reenergizing away from the stimulation of a conversation or crowd. Moreso than many of the introverted types, their need for seclusion is vital to allow them time to absorb everything they have taken in.

There's the key word for you, ISFPs! Absorb. Like a sponge, sometimes it's necessary to wring out all that has been accumulated. Creative expression plays a very important role in this. Detailed journals, jam-packed sketchpads, quality cameras; some or all of these will be found on the ISFP person. Friends are fortunate to be invited to share these travel memories. No humdrum vacation slide show here!

Where does a person of this type gravitate to on a trip? Wherever fresh and appealing sights, sounds, and other stimuli can be found- from a slight distance, if possible. Sometimes this gap may create an aloofness that others misinterpret, but never forget that the ISFP is a feeler at heart.

Source

·
Registered
16 Posts
this is so true. the word absorb really hit me. i love listening to people and just absorbing there words and understanding them as a person through it. i also love traveling places. i like seeing doing different stuff. i like cities too. i have a bunch of sketchpards but not detailed journal. i like taking pictures tho.

·
Registered
57 Posts
oh yes i relate to this. i'm off to pompeii next week with my boys. so excited. booked it last minute of course!

·
Registered
959 Posts
I enjoy traveling quite a lot, especially with friends. I've been fortunate enough to be able to travel to all the places I've been to such as Italy and Glacier National Park in Montana. I'm not really the type of person to record and take pictures of everything though (I did in Italy because well, it was Italy :tongue:). I mostly liked wandering around the places and spending hours staring at the scenery, absorbing everything in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So true. Every single bit of it. Considering taking up a flight crew career and sample all the visuals and sounds from all over the world.

·
Registered
477 Posts
yea true. Especially places which are differnt from what you are familiar with. With a holiday at a place in our country its no big deal because most other towns and cities are fairly similar to ours but in an overseas trip to a different continent its 10 times more exciting.
carrying a camera most of the time so that you later on you can look back at it and bring back the memories

Then when you get home one of the first things you do is get your photos and film and compose it into a short film

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
cool! thanks for sharing!

Reactions: MNiS

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Thanks for sharing this! Now I know why I felt brain dead when I went on a retreat with some friends. They just sat around the cabin! For fun they walked the long drive way! It drove me nuts because there were woods, caves, cut little shops, and a flea market nearby-and we just sat around! :bored:
Oh yeah-I need to go and do and see! :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Absolutely, I love traveling and love listening to my friends when they return from traveling about what they seen.

Personally, I keep a list of all the places I want to go. So I figure when I actually decide to go I'll just "pull one out of the hat" :p

·
Registered
170 Posts
This is fitting. I love traveling and taking pictures when I see the area for the first time or take it and share with the friends back home. I dont like to just visit the tourist or luxury areas either I like to as some call it see the real life or country that im visiting. Get to know the culture and learn a few words and try to converse from the language spoken in that country.

Loving hearing and seeing my friends experiences also when they travel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts