Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm interested in an ISFP - and he in me. But we're both pretty shy. I'm curious how we INFPs tend to come across to you Artists... This guy has yet to 'ask me out' but we're getting there. ;) Are we generally approachable? I like to think I am. For the most part I believe I am fun, compassionate, a good listener, into theories, like to try new things, patient, honest, easy-going with most things, adaptable to most situations, 'flirty' when happy, ect - these in all humility but I'm just trying to get my behavior as an INFP across. So yes, what do you (an ISFP), think of INFPs when around them? I'd be happy to answer any questions too! :)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
For the most part I believe I am fun, compassionate, a good listener, into theories, like to try new things, patient, honest, easy-going with most things, adaptable to most situations, 'flirty' when happy, ect
I like all of these.

I just realize that there are more INFPs in my school around me than I think. I think they are nice and approachable. It's just that I am not in the circle(s). I also think a lot of INFPs are creative with great imagination into the fantasy world, which is something that I lack.

I am pretty shy, too. To most and most people, I don't initiate. A lot of time I think about how I am and if I am good and all that, instead of trying to please or to get out of my shell/way or to do things to attract certain people. I just think if I am good, then there will be some people appreciating who I am and become friends and initiate with me, which seldom happens. On the other hand I like to be in the background and sometimes hope that people don't notice me.

Reactions: Red19

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like all of these.

I just realize that there are more INFPs in my school around me than I think. I think they are nice and approachable. It's just that I am not in the circle(s). I also think a lot of INFPs are creative with great imagination into the fantasy world, which is something that I lack.

I am pretty shy, too. To most and most people, I don't initiate. A lot of time I think about how I am and if I am good and all that, instead of trying to please or to get out of my shell/way or to do things to attract certain people. I just think if I am good, then there will be some people appreciating who I am and become friends and initiate with me, which seldom happens. On the other hand I like to be in the background and sometimes hope that people don't notice me.
So, are you saying INFPs seem really 'good' therefore it's harder for you to approach them? Thanks for sharing btw! :) My ISFP friend sounds like you - he says things like that - when everyone who knows him would call him a very good guy; hard-working, kind, giving, compassionate! :)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
So, are you saying INFPs seem really 'good' therefore it's harder for you to approach them? Thanks for sharing btw! :) My ISFP friend sounds like you - he says things like that - when everyone who knows him would call him a very good guy; hard-working, kind, giving, compassionate! :)
Yeah I guess I kinda feel that way, but it's probably just something I tell myself. I don't know. I am quite awkward when it comes to talking because I simply don't have much to say every time I am with a group of peers. I found out that if I was just saying hi to someone and nothing else, then it became awkward and that's pretty much the end. I do better when it's one-to-one companies, but usually there's still a lot of silence. Sometimes I just enjoy the moment or the company of the person, and my ISTP friend is like that, too. That's why we get along well.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
So, I'm interested in an ISFP - and he in me.
Then... what's the issue? Get a fishing pole and drag him in. Leave nature to do the rest.
He is an ISFP, it's easy, all you need is something for his extroverted sensing function to have fun with

But we're both pretty shy. I'm curious how we INFPs tend to come across to you Artists... This guy has yet to 'ask me out' but we're getting there. ;) Are we generally approachable? I like to think I am. For the most part I believe I am fun, compassionate, a good listener, into theories, like to try new things, patient, honest, easy-going with most things, adaptable to most situations, 'flirty' when happy, ect - these in all humility but I'm just trying to get my behavior as an INFP across. So yes, what do you (an ISFP), think of INFPs when around them? I'd be happy to answer any questions too! :)
Well, my ISFP girlfriend thinks that my madness and sillyness is quote; "cute", but complains that when I am sick I am quote; "whiny and untranslateable-Scandinavian-pejorative".

I hope this helps

Reactions: Lolo74 and Red19

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Then... what's the issue? Get a fishing pole and drag him in. Leave nature to do the rest.
He is an ISFP, it's easy, all you need is something for his extroverted sensing function to have fun with
Hey INFP friend! Thanks for the advice...my only hesitation in reeling him in that way is that I don't want to take away his pursuing role. I mean, I am pretty sure that my interest in obvious to him by now due to a few hints and body language. Do you know if ISFPs enjoy flirty behavior? Cause they seem to me to be too shy to flirt very much....but is that just their shell? :)

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I've known one very special and amazing Infp for the past two years. We are now 'official' as a couple but we've become closer and closer over those two years, becoming great friends first, no pretense, opening up over time about my own insecurities etc.
We've built a wonderful relationship on a great framework.
For me, there came a point where I couldn't hold back anymore and had to confess to her how important she is to me and that I've fallen in love with her. She felt the same and the rest is history. I'm truly lucky to have her and at times I feel like she's way too good for me, like I don't deserve someone so loving and thoughtful.

Give it alittle time, but I wonder how he'd react if you mentioned some other guy liked you or he were to lose you. Might make him make a decision alittle sooner....just a thought....

There will have to come a time where he needs to step up and make his feelings known.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I guess I kinda feel that way, but it's probably just something I tell myself. I don't know. I am quite awkward when it comes to talking because I simply don't have much to say every time I am with a group of peers. I found out that if I was just saying hi to someone and nothing else, then it became awkward and that's pretty much the end. I do better when it's one-to-one companies, but usually there's still a lot of silence. Sometimes I just enjoy the moment or the company of the person, and my ISTP friend is like that, too. That's why we get along well.
I love that you say you sometimes just enjoy 'the moment or the company of the person' - cause we have those awkward silences every once in a while - I felt that he was comfortable with that - but knowing that it's an ISFP thing makes me happy. :) Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've known one very special and amazing Infp for the past two years. We are now 'official' as a couple but we've become closer and closer over those two years, becoming great friends first, no pretense, opening up over time about my own insecurities etc.
We've built a wonderful relationship on a great framework.
For me, there came a point where I couldn't hold back anymore and had to confess to her how important she is to me and that I've fallen in love with her. She felt the same and the rest is history. I'm truly lucky to have her and at times I feel like she's way too good for me, like I don't deserve someone so loving and thoughtful.

Give it alittle time, but I wonder how he'd react if you mentioned some other guy liked you or he were to lose you. Might make him make a decision alittle sooner....just a thought....

There will have to come a time where he needs to step up and make his feelings known.

You're great - thanks for the story! How sweet! :)
I am so thrilled to finally hear from an ISFP that you guys really do know when to make the move. I have always believed you can, but most peeps that I talk to tell me I need to be the initiator. I have thought about telling him of the guys that have been pursuing me - especially since the reason I haven't allowed these guys to be close with me is my ISFP. ;) I wonder how I can bring that up w/out being too obvious. lol
Thanks so much for sharing! :D

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Hey INFP friend! Thanks for the advice...my only hesitation in reeling him in that way is that I don't want to take away his pursuing role. I mean, I am pretty sure that my interest in obvious to him by now due to a few hints and body language. Do you know if ISFPs enjoy flirty behavior? Cause they seem to me to be too shy to flirt very much....but is that just their shell? :)

Hey friend! ;)
I can tell you what the girls do, but I rarely flirt with ISFP guys. One guy from my high school was an ISFP and had one of the most amusing characters I have ever known. He was tall, strong, had long wavy hair, steel-strong jaw, just looked stunning and was so much better than everybody else in sports and quite frankly could move his body with the elegance of a tiger, but he was so shy that he would blush and look down and away with an avoiding smile just you asked him what he thought of the weather. It was unbelieveable!
I think he would usually drink himself to confidence, but I guess not all ISFP guys are THAT shy. They do certainly like flirty behavior, I guess they often like that the other part opens up. Just remember to make them feel safe and nothing should be in your way

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey friend! ;)
but he was so shy that he would blush and look down and away with an avoiding smile just you asked him what he thought of the weather. It was unbelieveable!
No - this guy is pretty much that shy as well. And though he isn't athletically talented - boy is he an artist! He is an amazing pianist and can create awesome art on paper! :) But he blushes as soon as you talk to him and laughs nervously when you ask him simple questions...at least, till he gets to know you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
At times I feel like INFP's may have their head in the clouds a little too much, but despite that I like INFP's. INFP's worry me because they can be even less practical than me! Haha...

·
Registered
691 Posts
I think that ISFPs can be dreamers on a more personal level if they have well-developed Ni.
Yeah, sometimes I wish that I could be an INFP, but it's great to have your feet on the ground too.

·
Registered
676 Posts
So, I'm interested in an ISFP - and he in me. But we're both pretty shy. I'm curious how we INFPs tend to come across to you Artists... This guy has yet to 'ask me out' but we're getting there. ;) Are we generally approachable? I like to think I am. For the most part I believe I am fun, compassionate, a good listener, into theories, like to try new things, patient, honest, easy-going with most things, adaptable to most situations, 'flirty' when happy, ect - these in all humility but I'm just trying to get my behavior as an INFP across. So yes, what do you (an ISFP), think of INFPs when around them? I'd be happy to answer any questions too! :)
But you Guys are also less physical..so i dont know how that one goes .

INFPs are great over all...but when it comes to intimacy personally i am not really sure .

·
Registered
75 Posts
But you Guys are also less physical..so i dont know how that one goes .

INFPs are great over all...but when it comes to intimacy personally i am not really sure .
If you have a sensor to take the lead on the physical aspect and keep your mind in the present, it goes just fine ;-)

·
Registered
676 Posts
If you have a sensor to take the lead on the physical aspect and keep your mind in the present, it goes just fine ;-)
Question is will you keep up with the sensors Physicality ? ...are you up to the task ..
the fact the we are both Introverted Feelers doesnot help in this aspect either .
I can Imagine a rocking and fulfulling relationship with your extroverts ENFPs ,, I can also
imagine how INFP and ESFP can be a match made in heaven .
But an ISFP-INFP relationship.....i dont know , the weather forecast isn't good on this one .
but we can be great friends to each other .

·
Registered
75 Posts
Question is will you keep up with the sensors Physicality ? ...are you up to the task ..
the fact the we are both Introverted Feelers doesnot help in this aspect either .
I can Imagine a rocking and fulfulling relationship with your extroverts ENFPs ,, I can also
imagine how INFP and ESFP can be a match made in heaven .
But an ISFP-INFP relationship.....i dont know , the weather forecast isn't good on this one .
but we can be great friends to each other .
If the ISFP and INFP trust each other and are emotionally close then they can absolutely have a great physical relationship. If the situation was an INFP and an ISFP who were essentially strangers having a one night stand, it would be extremely awkward.

The hardest part is letting down the IP barriers--- who's going to make the first move?

·
Registered
543 Posts
absolutely love them.

Reactions: Sakoro
1 - 20 of 21 Posts