Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found most ISFP people weakness.
For ISFP people, don't be affraid with your weakness. Knowing your weakness is better than not knowing it at all.

- voiding conflict
- Can be too trusting and so may be taken advantage of
- May be unreliable regarding deadlines
- Unassuming manner may mean you are underestimated by others
- May fail to see the wider implications of the task you are working on
- May need to be ready to offer constructive criticism on occasions when necessary
- Tend to be passive rather than assertive
- Do not cope well with fast paced, pressurised environments
- Dislike abstract theories unless they can see how they can be applied
- Can be poor at time management

·
Premium Member
10,523 Posts
Thanks. This is a useful post for isfp's. Stickied.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I found several of these characteristics very familiar in myself. Hmmm. I do tend to get stressed and a bit gripy when I have abundance of work I need to get done and I feel like I am drowning. I likes challenges and staying busy, but if it's too much at one time, I get very stressed, snappy and frustrated. Couple of the things I didn't find myself in, but most I did. Thanks for sharing this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For ISFP people, don't be affraid with your weakness. Knowing your weakness is better than not knowing it at all.

- voiding conflict
- May need to be ready to offer constructive criticism on occasions when necessary

wow kinda scary how much that sounds like me

·
Registered
18 Posts
They are very impulsive and reckless at times. Usually get in all sorts of trouble with their action-oriented attitude (including hurting someone and then feel bad about it).

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd agree with most of those but the one I disagree the most with is disliking abstract ideas unless they can be applied. I consider myself a very balanced person in the sense that I get most abstract ideas.

·
Registered
6 Posts

- voiding conflict
This sounds just like me. These are things I need to work on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
What about being superficial at times?

I've feelings for this INFP guy but he only tends to be impressed by me when I do something... well, impressive! And he's overly interested in his appearence, shopping clothes and really taking his time looking good. Ten times more than I am, and I'm a woman.

I tend to be this very "real" a person. Not trying to act or look much more than the natural me. Maybe it's not enough for this guy.

So superficial or not? is my question.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Holy CRAP that time management thing makes me want to die.

My ISFP fella will be all "alright I'm leaving in 10."

Then. Two. Fucking. Hours later.

And then I have to bitch him out for being so inconsiderate and dismissive of the rest of the world minus the blissful bubble he inhabits normally.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As an ENFP, the one largest frustration I have with my ISFP (still new) girlfriend is that she will hardly ever share her feelings or thoughts. We EXFXs crave verbal reinforcement that you're enjoying our company and that we mean something to you, and I've come to realize that this (verbal communication about feelings) is super hard for you to do. I know it takes time for you all to open up, but not getting that kind of feedback feels very hard, even if the non-verbal feedback is GREAT :).

·
Registered
62 Posts
get her drunk, she wont stop talking! atleast happens with me :p.

with my ex girl who was also an isfp(ye awkward). basically just express some personal feelings to her, while ur sitting relaxed together alone, she may come out and relate to it. but dont pressure her in anyway to talk. the downfall of my relationship was she constantly nagging me to talk, i became quite defensive and paranoid. hope this helps:unsure:

·
Registered
6 Posts
"They are very impulsive and reckless at times. Usually get in all sorts of trouble with their action-oriented attitude (including hurting someone and then feel bad about it)."

boy oh boy, is that true. us ISFP's are really like children at times. we dont mean to hurt, we have the best intentions..we're just very impulsive and dont really think about how we are going to effect other people. and then a big "oops!" moment comes. and i promise, it always does come.

·
Registered
347 Posts
That pretty well summarize how I am too.

·
Registered
959 Posts
A lot of those are me... however I'm afraid of getting taken advantage of so I don't let people get too close...

·
Registered
21 Posts
- Avoiding conflict [Yes, but this is more of a strength if you don't avoid necessary conflict.]
- Can be too trusting and so may be taken advantage of [Most people will learn that being too trusting isn't a good thing. I generally trust people, but I'm also very wary of them.]
- May be unreliable regarding deadlines [I hate it when I'm late and when anyone else is late. I may get there 5 or 10 minutes later, but I'll always tell you if I'm going to be late.]
- Unassuming manner may mean you are underestimated by others [I tend to be underestimated.]
- May fail to see the wider implications of the task you are working on [Yep. This can happen sometimes.]
- May need to be ready to offer constructive criticism on occasions when necessary [This is a weakness? If the constructive criticism is accepted by them and I know that everything is okay, then I'm totally fine with it.]
- Tend to be passive rather than assertive [Being assertive is a good thing and gets you places in life. I'm naturally not assertive, but I've learned to be when it counts, as everyone should.]
- Do not cope well with fast paced, pressurised environments [Yep. I'm not sure how an ISFP would find themselves in one in the first place.]
- Dislike abstract theories unless they can see how they can be applied [I don't dislike them, I get extremely bored by them. And yes to if they can be applied, then I'm totally focused on it.]
- Can be poor at time management [I'm getting better. :)]

·
Registered
247 Posts
I found several of these characteristics very familiar in myself. Hmmm. I do tend to get stressed and a bit gripy when I have abundance of work I need to get done and I feel like I am drowning. I likes challenges and staying busy, but if it's too much at one time, I get very stressed, snappy and frustrated. Couple of the things I didn't find myself in, but most I did. Thanks for sharing this.
You are listed as INFJ, and since this is and ISFP forum, I am thinking... there would, of course, be things that you would not find yourself in. Everything you just said... sounds exactly like my INFJ fiance. Sometimes I think we get too hung up on types. Human Nature is what it is, and can reach across the board, no matter the temperament. Stress in our modern society is definitely a problem.

·
Registered
247 Posts
- Do not cope well with fast paced, pressurised environments [Yep. I'm not sure how an ISFP would find themselves in one in the first place.]
hahaha. It's easier than you think. The mall at Christmas time? Driving through rush hour in the city? The boss gives you a 'special' assignment... teach the new employee..... have it done by 3pm! (and the new employee is a moron!)

The unforeseen situations that turn into fast paced, pressurized environments, unanticipated! It happens. It sucks.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts