Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:
i was gunna write some long paragraph about myself..dont really feel like it now

any of you guys out there? ive gotten typed as both, and each time its weighing really heavy on isfp, or infp. maybe my mood determines my personality..:cool: idk, i hope you guys are out there..reply please :happy:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Just need time. Forget about cognitive functions Wait a few months and then at the end, look back at some of the decisions you've made. Now that you've learned about the mbti are are in this situation, your natural decision making process is a bit 'corrupted'.

·
Registered
751 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just need time. Forget about cognitive functions Wait a few months and then at the end, look back at some of the decisions you've made. Now that you've learned about the mbti are are in this situation, your natural decision making process is a bit 'corrupted'.

definitely, ive noticed ive been thinking about every little thing and how it aligns with either type, im annoying myself haha..and your right, its definitely screwing with my natural thought processes...

Not thinking, just acting on impulse, is much more pleasurable to me..but i am much too introverted to express myself all the time, though i really wish i could.. im afraid of criticism :/... So because of that, i spend most of my time dreaming of things i wish i could do, very infpish.

i just took a test like an hour ago, and it said i was most likely enfp..and if not, infp or esfp. now im all fucked up.

Reactions: Thalassa

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
I do relate somewhat to INFP, and have gotten INFP a few times. I think this is because a lot of the INFP descriptions are a lot longer and more expansive than the ISFP descriptions. Basically, we have a lot of depth (like I imagine all human beings do) but most people don't know much about us at all compared to INFPs.

Reactions: Thalassa

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do relate somewhat to INFP, and have gotten INFP a few times. I think this is because a lot of the INFP descriptions are a lot longer and more expansive than the ISFP descriptions. Basically, we have a lot of depth (like I imagine all human beings do) but most people don't know much about us at all compared to INFPs.
ya, ive decided im isfp..:laughing: I have to actually try to be intuitive, immersing myself in things comes much more natural...although i try to fight it for fear of more shallow people thinking i am like them.. i dont want any of that, dont wanna get too involved with people, just have good times, and conversations with them and thats it.

wow.. that makes me sound very pompous and prick like..oh well

·
Registered
751 Posts
Yeah, whats with that? There's always so much more information about INFPs. Maybe they were asked to do it, and being Ns got it finished, whereas for ours we were like, "that'll do for now, finish it later." ^^

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
definitely, ive noticed ive been thinking about every little thing and how it aligns with either type, im annoying myself haha..and your right, its definitely screwing with my natural thought processes...

Not thinking, just acting on impulse, is much more pleasurable to me..but i am much too introverted to express myself all the time, though i really wish i could.. im afraid of criticism :/... So because of that, i spend most of my time dreaming of things i wish i could do, very infpish.

i just took a test like an hour ago, and it said i was most likely enfp..and if not, infp or esfp. now im all fucked up.
I have gone through this.

It depends on what sources you look at, but ISFP descriptions can be quite disappointing compared to INFP descriptions, like they're the ones that are all creative. This is silly N prejudice and stereotyping.

Look at different sources, like the real Keirsey Temperaments in Please Understand Me II and also look at the type descriptions for PTypes Personality Types

Some sources will make it seem like if you are intelligent at all you must be an N, and that's ridiculous, because any person of any type uses BOTH sensing and intuition and the Jungian cognitive functions are a lot more complex than stereotypes about S vs. N.

ISFPs have Se/Ni and INFPs have Ne/Si.

Temperament Theory Theory is another good source, they even have articles on how ENFPs can get confused with SFPs and things like that.

I strongly suggest you type yourself through this kind of study than freaking out over random test results. I've been there, done that, been confused and angsty, and once I educated myself, I came to the conclusion that I am an ISFP, not an ENFP or INFP.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have gone through this.

It depends on what sources you look at, but ISFP descriptions can be quite disappointing compared to INFP descriptions, like they're the ones that are all creative. This is silly N prejudice and stereotyping.

Look at different sources, like the real Keirsey Temperaments in Please Understand Me II and also look at the type descriptions for

Some sources will make it seem like if you are intelligent at all you must be an N, and that's ridiculous, because any person of any type uses BOTH sensing and intuition and the Jungian cognitive functions are a lot more complex than stereotypes about S vs. N.

ISFPs have Se/Ni and INFPs have Ne/Si.

is another good source, they even have articles on how ENFPs can get confused with SFPs and things like that.

I strongly suggest you type yourself through this kind of study than freaking out over random test results. I've been there, done that, been confused and angsty, and once I educated myself, I came to the conclusion that I am an ISFP, not an ENFP or INFP.
i know, the type descriptions are the main reason i doubt my type..(warning:tooting my own horn) i am really good with music, i can learn songs by ear, im good at many instruments although ive never taken any lessons. so with that, im thinking, damn..im probabaly isfp.. i dont relate to the love of all forms of art like many isfps talk about...but i am very sensitive to what looks right, or sounds right, and what doesnt..so, anyways.. meh..doesnt matter too much i suppose.
as for the intelligent thing...my whole life ive tested way above average in anything involving English and science.
whats up with all the far fetched claims of "the majority of isfps have trouble with school due to their struggle to understand abstract concepts and ideas" etc. so blankety :dry:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts