Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ISFP Women: You're all gorgeous and sweet. I could use some advice.

do you like to be given poems? even by someone you've met recently? I think I would, but I really like to be flattered.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
@heartofpompeii Seconded. Especially if it's someone I don't know very well. Poems in general are a bit cheesy for my taste, though.

Reactions: Acadia

·
Registered
435 Posts
I read a your post earlier today before you edited it, so I understand the situation. She likes your poems and you know her a few weeks, so it might work. For me, however, it would feel too personal if a guy that I don't know very well (even if I kinda like him) starts giving me poems, especially if they're about love or about me. It's very important not to rush into things. Give her time to learn to know you. Of course you can express your wish to spend more time together and eventually talk about your feelings for her, but I think it's better to start a little more reserved, giving yourself and the girl time to get to know each other better and only later on give her the poem you wrote. I would try to see if she reacts positive to initiatives to become more than just friends first. Don't be worried, if you're not too dramatic or pushy it will not destroy a friendship.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Not a woman or anything but for what it's worth...I like poetry and I write poems myself...but even I think it's weird giving them to people. From an artistic point of view, modern poetry to me is some stark burst of observation or realisation, not really fit for sweet declarations of love; even emotions are usually rendered muted, as if the poet is observing their own emotions 'from the outside'. I've only ever given poems to my mother because I know she likes personalised and written things as gifts (INFJ).

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Not sure if you edited your post again, but if you said she already likes your poems... I'd say go for it. Although make sure she's being genuine in saying that because sometimes we're shy to hurt someone's feelings over something they've created-- like art, poems, music, etc. Not saying she lied, but you know her better than we do so just feel her out and if she does like your poems already, then you're probably fine to give one to her. lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rivulet:14822626 said:
I read a your post earlier today before you edited it, so I understand the situation. She likes your poems and you know her a few weeks, so it might work. For me, however, it would feel too personal if a guy that I don't know very well (even if I kinda like him) starts giving me poems, especially if they're about love or about me. It's very important not to rush into things. Give her time to learn to know you. Of course you can express your wish to spend more time together and eventually talk about your feelings for her, but I think it's better to start a little more reserved, giving yourself and the girl time to get to know each other better and only later on.
yeah, this is about where I've gotten to by this point. I get a little impatient because I like to keep moving. when most things move at slow paces i get anxious. also when I talk to people I barely know... good ole disorders...usually comes across as indifference or standoffishness... but yeah I was thinking, I think would be creeped out this early. we may see each other perform at an open mic tonight, so that should be good if she doesn't flake.

THANKS EVERYONE!! I appreciate the responses.
and thanks Rivulet for actually reading that block of words that used to be there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
perpetuallyreticent:14843866 said:
Not sure if you edited your post again, but if you said she already likes your poems... I'd say go for it. Although make sure she's being genuine in saying that because sometimes we're shy to hurt someone's feelings over something they've created-- like art, poems, music, etc. Not saying she lied, but you know her better than we do so just feel her out and if she does like your poems already, then you're probably fine to give one to her. lol
yeah, she seems genuine. in my limited experiences with her, she's more like to not say anything if she can't find something genuinely nice to say.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Ehhhh bit cheesy. I was to get one, I would rather get poems from people who are close to me. My best friend has written me a few, when I was struggling with some heavy depression, which touched me greatly, and even made me cry. I loved that she went through the effort to try and show she was trying to understand me through a poem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts