Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ISFPs are generally said to be the artists of the MBTI. Does this apply to you, or do you not fit that stereotype?

Reactions: Idyllic and davisk

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I love art in every shape and form, but I'm hopeless at creating it. So I prefer to just look at other peoples' amazing artwork.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I love art-- anything beautiful, actually-- so much it's disgusting. I can't listen to music in public becuase I'd feel like I'd just made out with everyone in the room. Concerts can make me feel the same kind of uncomfortable exposure if I'm tagging along with folks who aren't there to stare and gawk at the lights and the sounds and all of that. Going for walks in beautiful places to chat instead of look at the scenery.... same thing. Too raw.

I'm studying writing in school. (I thought I was an INFP for a while because of that interest, but I'm pretty sure that's false. I like writing not for the metaphor and the symbolism, for the exploraion of Ne possibilities, but for the sheer aristry of it. I have a kind of strange almost fetishy relationship with the sounds of words and love hearing authors read thier own work. When you introduce well-developed characters and a compelling plot in to that... fuck. It's all over.)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'd agree I'm very much so an artist. Been drawing for years. Even made it my major in collage (about to get my BA in Graphic Design). I just love it

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Graphic Designs? That's sounds very interesting. I'd love to do it, and I know next year at my school I'm taking a class called Digital Arts.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Yeah, I love all kinds of art, but I express myself mostly in writing and music composing. I'm pretty much an aesthetics freak and want everything to be beautiful. I can't evan eat food if it doesn't look aesthetically good. :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
I do thoroughly enjoy art, but I'm not fanatical about it. I could spend all day in an art museum, but I'd be just as happy at a history museum. I think i enjoy the aestetics of every day things just as much.

As for my personal creativity I get it out through writing, mostly poetry, but also narrative, and to leave behind my modesty for once, I'm a pretty good poet, and a decent writer. Really the only other thing I do is make jewelry, but as far as any kind of drawing, painting, etc...I'm laughably terrible :p

·
Registered
959 Posts
I love drawing, that being said I think being artistic is the biggest thing we're known for though.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I like to draw (appreciate art in general), listening to music, making music (I used to, don't anymore) and taking photos :)

·
Banned
79 Posts
I'm the walking ISFP stereotype.
Me too, but I`m the ISFP that no one notices...

I hear stuff like.... "You surprise me.... & I never thought that you`d be able to.... & I did`nt know that you could...."
etc etc etc...

As for drawing, all I did in high school was draw pictures in my school books. I`m not that great at it though...

I`ve said this before in here... I don`t think that we, as ISFPs` are the sole keeper to the mysteries of artistic appreciation...
To be a virtuoso at your chosen craft you have to work very hard for a long time.
An ISFP has to work just as hard as any other type to attain a certain level of mastery over their art.
I think our temperament (as ISFPs) may not see this as hard work but something that we just get off on. Call it practice with a passion or just getting lost for hours in the sensations of colours and sounds.

To answer the original question... I`m more musical than anything. I`m not that great at drawing.

·
Registered
93 Posts
While I am not exceptionally talented at anything in particular, I have gravitated to various creative activities since I was young. Many hours of my youth were spent doodling anything from plans for an underground playhouse to my imaginary starship to pretend catalogs to program and website designs.

For the last decade, I've been dabbling in about any digital-artistic field I can get my foot into. While working for others and myself, I've produced websites, 2D art/sketches (photoshop), 3D art, printed illustrations, program icons, program interface designs, as well as other things that I've forgotten about entirely. I also program my own software with the languages Objective-C and Ruby, if that can be counted as creative/artistic.

So yeah, I'd say I'm artistic in a "jack of all trades, master of none" sort of way. I should probably just pick one and specialize at some point…

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Im confused about being an INFP or ISFP. But for the record, I will post the answer to your question here:

I basically can't draw a straight line, and I do not like it. I absolutely used to HATE crafting in school. I do very much like writing, and listening to music. I love to sing along with the music, but only when I am alone.

I tend to write, not as much as I want to, but I'm always busy with it in my head. I write poetry and prose.

My poetry isn't very good. Out of the 250 poems I wrote, maybe 10 are decent to good. They tend to be very literal, while some can be abstract and a metaphor, or they simply do not seem to make sense to anyone, there isn't a lot of symbolism in them. Symbolism is more INFP?

My prose is also mostly abstract, and mostly deals with heavy themes such as Life and Death, or the "workings of the world and man."
There is quite a lot of symbolism in my prose.

Artistic as in, do I have fashion sense? I know how to look decent, but it's never close to being hip. Not really there. I do tend to have a sense for smell, but the outside world mostly passes me by.

I tested a million times as INFP, and only one time did I test as ISFP. When I read the "You know you are ISFP" thread, it sounded very familiar. The very intense emotions of all the INFP's and the general sadness and depression tend to show on the other hand also seems so familiar..

Si, also seemed to be more what I use. You think you know yourself, but then when you really have to think about something concrete as the explanations of the different cognitive functions in front of you, it is hard.

·
Banned
79 Posts
^^^^@Pom87 ... Your general audience (the reader) will pay no concern at all as to whether you`re using S or N...

What is most important is that your work is natural. It is an expression of you or how you view something.

Looking back and analysing your work is great because that`s how we evolve as artists.
Your original concepts for it should flow naturally though...

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
^^^^@Pom87 ... Your general audience (the reader) will pay no concern at all as to whether you`re using S or N...

What is most important is that your work is natural. It is an expression of you or how you view something.

Looking back and analysing your work is great because that`s how we evolve as artists.
Your original concepts for it should flow naturally though...

just my 2 cents
Yes, I agree with you. But that is also why it is important to me to find out which type I really am. I want to focus more on the parts that come naturally to me, it will help me be a better 'artist'. But with all those thoughts inside and reading all about the types, or even other books of authors, that line of what is natural sometimes gets blurred.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts