Personality Cafe banner

ISFPs - How do you de-stress?

[ISFP] 
7K views 24 replies 25 participants last post by  twinvi3 
#1 ·
ISFPs,

What do you do that helps you get over a rough day, a mental funk, or feelings of inadequacy?

I'd like to know for the ISFP in my life who is in grad-school hell.

Thanks!

#5 ·
Exercise is good. Breaking things feels great too. :)

Reactions: mikki104
#8 ·
When I'm really stressed, I like to be alone and listen to music/sing, I'll do this at home if I can, otherwise I'll go on long drives along scenic routes and sing in my car. Sleep helps if I'm exhausted, and some cold craft beers and movies help if I'm thinking too much about negative things. If it's more of a long term funk, going on nature walks and exercising outside daily helps to boost my spirit quite a bit. I always prefer to treat the cause of the stress over the symptoms though, long term suffering is bad news, my college days were full of it.

#9 ·
Depends on the context and what kind of stress.

I'll go to the woods which is a minute from my house and start smashing fallen branches and throwing them at fences to get my stress out.

Watch some good movies or a series i really enjoy by myself.

Sleep.

very long walks

Figure out exactly what is causing my stress and devise a plan to fix/stop it.

#14 ·
Being alone listening to a mp3 I have called "rain and thunder" while lying in my bed under my weightened blanket in darkness (or as dark as possible)
Or taking a hot bath with essential oils in candle light.
Or taking a long walk in a forest.
Or just putting some color on a paper without trying to make it into any specific.

#17 ·
Tons of things. :)

Sleep is my favorite, but I also meditate, dance, sing, read books, listen to soothing music, play a game, cuddle with my partner. :)

Reactions: mikki104
#18 ·
I tend to use music to help me deal with the world, but when I've had a rough day, I just need to get away from people. It would be better if I didn't have the internet, because I just stuff around, surfing randomly. That never helps anything, and only makes me more frustrated. I know I would feel better if I rode my mountain bike, or did anything to get out of the house, but if no-one makes me leave it, I'll be in my room: It has my computer, my HiFi, and my guitar.

If I think my housemates aren't home, then I will stomp around the house, making a racket, punching door frames, and other hard points that won't take damage, bellowing my frustrations. It usually makes me feel a little better, particularly if I know what is frustrating me.

#23 ·
ISFPs are highly prone to stress due to their Fi dom. ISFPs need to spend a lot of time distressing otherwise they will burn out. Calming music, meditation, yoga, dance, drawing, painting, running, creating a gratitude journal to reconnect with their "well" or extreme depth of emotion is essential for this type. For every other type this will be undervalued and misunderstood considering Fi is the most illusive function other than Ni (which is coupled with Fi in ISFPs), so a strong adherence to the inner guidance and these principles is essential to remain on the strongest path for ISFPs.

#24 ·
Need to be alone when I'm stressed out.
Playing video games for a bit helps. If it warm and nice outside I just like to go on walks where I can see the foothills and nature.

If I'm more frustrated stressed out. Having a punching bag helps a lot or I throw my pillows lol.

Most important I need to be alone so I can figure out how to chill out and decompress.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.