Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Hmm. Hard to say really. Thinking about it. I just try to escape form whatever is causing stress for a while, then return to it after i have a clear head, have a better perspective, and a positive attitude towards it.

I also minimize communication with people. I'm ashamed to say that i have gone months without speaking to many friends atm. I felt stressed, wanted to sort it out, but I procrastinate it...and it takes forever.. doesn't help the situation much the fact that i'm quite comfy on my own!

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I either retreat, or get anxious/snappy with people. I tend to come across as flustered, which is why I try and retreat.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I like to be left alone while stressed because I can be very snappy and sarcastic. How I deal with it I either rush whatever it is to get it over and done with quick as possible, if that can't be done then I'll most likely just abandon whatever it is.

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I'm stressed, I tend to shut down...Cut off communication with everyone. I make lots of lists, too. It's like I can't talk to anyone to say anything to anyone until the problem is solved.
Same ... I am very particular about trying to solve a problem on my own (which is turns out I don't succeed with) I don't want to share my issues with anyone, and I procrastinate both the problem and telling others about it. If I finally admit the problem it is often with tears, as I fear confrontation.

·
Registered
384 Posts
When I'm stressed, I tend to shut down...Cut off communication with everyone. I make lots of lists, too. It's like I can't talk to anyone to say anything to anyone until the problem is solved.
yep!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I do the same as others have posted. I shut down and get very serious when I get too stressed out in life and I don't want anyone bothering me, or I get emotional and start spilling all my thoughts out to someone. I've gone months without talking to a friend simply because I felt too awful and wanted the problem in my life fixed before I hung out or had a good time with anyone, even though I thought about the friend every day. But that was a severe low point in my life.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Going through this now. I've been extremely stressed out with a million uni assignments to do (all due in the same week, of course) and its awful. I've retreated from doing anything social with anyone as I feel like I don't deserve to go out and have fun until I've finished everything. I've been spending most weekends barely leaving the house and getting very snappy with people on the rare occasion I actually see/talk to anyone. Also making alot of lists, trying to make sense of everything and trying to figure out when and how to get it done.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I think it largely depends on what type of stress it is....
If its the kind of " i havent slept in three days and have been stuck with people i love, but right now i hate them because I want to be ALONE", personally i think i go into ENTJ mode and pretty much anything that needs to be done gets done in an orderly, efficient fashion because im giving everyone orders.... (this literally happened yesterday)
If its a longterm type of deadline, thats coming up fast( because i procrastinTed... Again) i will hide and ignore and avoid the provlem until the last minute and then get it all done super fast and then try and recover for the next week.
so basically, when there is an even amount of pressure/stress for a long time, (even if it is low pressure), i will snap, freak out and basically not be able to do anything.
but if it is sudden i seem to deal with it better. Its probably because ISFPs go with the flow, so if something needs to be done immediatly we can do it, but if we have to plan ahead to accomplish something, we will go crazy. Well, i do, atleast.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
I'll become blunt, hostile, cold and logical. I will get obsessed with figuring things out, things have to make logical & practical sense, I will make lists and plans, analyze everything, retreat, get commanding and extremely willful, combative. Will feel the need to clean and organize, I procrastinate on what I don't feel like doing and all of this is accompanied by painful self criticism and criticism of others & the outside world. I experience self defeating emotions and anger towards myself and others.

When this happens I need to be left alone to deal with it. I'm becoming more and more capable to deal with it ever since i understood why it is happening.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
When stressed I:
- cry a lot
-get angry real easily
-write more
-try to find the meaning of things
-plan more
-make to do lists
-clean
-feel the need to run around or do jumping jacks
-ruminate
-worry about my health, my family's health
-get bitter about the friends who don't keep in touch
-feel physically unwell (head feels heavy, body is tense, eyes fatigue, can't seem to move much...but mind is racing and active)
-spot trouble/errors more easily
-lose compassion and empathy somewhat, don't wanna hear sob stories cuz I get more depressed ( yet somehow I seem to seek these stories out on online...i seem to reflect more on the bad of this world when I am stressed)....nor do I wanna hear happy stories either cuz I get jealous more easily.
-I feel bored more easily, usually I can keep myself busy...but when stressed...I don't know what to do.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hmm. Hard to say really. Thinking about it. I just try to escape form whatever is causing stress for a while, then return to it after i have a clear head, have a better perspective, and a positive attitude towards it.

I also minimize communication with people. I'm ashamed to say that i have gone months without speaking to many friends atm. I felt stressed, wanted to sort it out, but I procrastinate it...and it takes forever.. doesn't help the situation much the fact that i'm quite comfy on my own!
I do this offline! Relating! I often don't text or message my friends back, and they get annoyed that I don't, but I can't be bothered.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I'm the same way. I hate that I get snappy/sarcastic with people because then I get more stressed that I upset someone and have to fix that on top of what I was initially stressing over.
I did this just the other day! I was tired and stressed, and my sister kept harassing me, so I was pretty sarcastic to her, and she lost her temper and punched the wall.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts