Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the title says.

Do you think they're usual or unusual for your MBTI type? Has tritype helped you understand parts of yourself that the MBTI doesn't explain fully?

My tritype is 953 (I think), which seems kinda unusual for ISFPs. The 9 part of it is okay, but the 5 and 3 are very closed off and focused on looking competent and just not sanguine at all. I think I lack the sparkle most ISFPs have, which makes me sad. :(

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
\o yo 6w7 (still reconsidering the instincts)

Do you think they're usual or unusual for your MBTI type?

ISFP type 6 should be quite common along with ISTP type 6.

Has tritype helped you understand parts of yourself that the MBTI doesn't explain fully?

Yes indeed. In fact it helped me understand myself much better then my MBTI type.

XP I test melancholic / sanguine...which is odd because melancholics are orderly and structured, while I'm the opposite of that. Also sanguines are extroverts...ISFPs are introverts hmm.

·
Registered
105 Posts
7w6, 9w8, 3w2 and sx/sp. This confirms that it's only a miracle that I'm not an alcoholic or a pathological thrill-seeker or something like that. At least not any more. I thank God for that.

I've never heard about that XP stuff @FreeBeer said. I am so curious and somewhat excited?? (like a proper typical ISFP-E7-sx :crazy:) so I'm searching about it right now.

·
Registered
248 Posts
5w4 9w1 4w5 sp\sx

Do you think they're usual or unusual for your MBTI type?
Four & Nine ought to be common for ISFPs (Nine seems like a good ISFP fit in my opinion & I've seen a few around here).
ISFP & Five isn't so common I think. I'm going to admit I don't know much about the instinctual variants other than I've tested as & identify with sp\sx. So I can't say anything on how they correspond to my type.

Has tritype helped you understand parts of yourself that the MBTI doesn't explain fully?
Definitely. Especially with having 9w1 in my tritype, as I posses traits of that subtype that aren't explored in the analysis of Four & Five. I also get more out of the Enneagram theory as a whole than MBTI.

~

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I'm a Type 4w5 ISFP, and they seem to go hand-in-hand. Reading the Type 4 description was a little hard because much of it is so depressing that I didn't want to admit it to myself, though I very well knew it was true.

The Enneagram test was TOTALLY more helpful. Myers-Briggs was cool and interesting, but the enneagram seems to focus more on self-help and awareness of your thought processes. As a 4, that's suuper important.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I think I'm a enneagram 9w8, 6w7, 2w3. Still trying to understand it. I thought I was 6w5, 9w8, 4w5

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
946. 9w8, 4w5 and 6w7. Sp/Sx. This seem common enough, many ISFP are '469 the seeker'. Thus MBTI and tritype overlap which is nice to know. Maybe there's a couple of more tritypes that work with ISFP, I guess we will find out, eventually.

·
Registered
385 Posts
952. 9w1, 5w4, 2w1.

I've taken the test before, and this seems the most accurate, so far.

·
Registered
28 Posts
mine is 7w6, 2w3, 9w8, i can be extroverted at times but only when i really know people well, but then totally feel the need for my space. i have an extremely addictive personality also.

·
Registered
ISFP 9w8 So/Sx 947 SEI-Si
25 Posts
Hey. Mine is 9w8-4w5-7w6 (So/Sx). Yep, i definitely do suspect there would be a correlation between ISFPs and Enneagram tritypes with my tritype giving me an airy and magical ISFP feel. This is enhanced by types 4 and 9 stereotypically being the most like ISFP out of the 9 types thus the population among ISFPs that are either type 4 or 9 (even maybe 6). The wing 5 i'm calculatedly guessing might be why i score as orderly on Global 5-SLOAN testing in actuality without being conscientious; they seem to measure it differently. I'm a very neat person so that might be due to the harmony of type 9 mixed in with a bit of type 6's hardworkingness (and indecisiveness) thankfully - just an example of what Enneagram can explain for me where Myers-Briggs does not. Another example would be the amount of self-doubt i have (described more by the strong wing 6 than ISFP) and needing to be able to stand on my own two feet a lot more often so i can be assertive when i need to be. In my honest opinion, MBTI looks at how cognitive functions determine and/or signify characteristics and traits of a person whereas Enneagram can go more into a holistic approach at dealing with different energy levels and not just cognition. So therefore trityping myself seems very fitting to me (in a psychometric way) and helps me to understand myself where the MBTI does not study or even consider and then i can see how they work alongside each other to make me the person i am today. Yay!! :D

·
Registered
ISFP, 9w8/4/5 sp/sx, Ravenpuff
690 Posts
9w8, 4, 5, sp/sx. It's in my signature. =) 9 and 4 seem like they'd be pretty normal for ISFPs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts