Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stolen off the ESFP thread. I liked it. A bit of positivity.

It was time to treat myself, so I went into Paul's, bought a raspberry macaroon, and sat down with it in the designated area in the shopping center. I resisted the urge to bury my face in my phone, and sat there, eating my macaroon, and looking at the people walk by. Once done, I decided on a whim, that I would stop by in the sports shop, not because I needed anything, just because I knew there would be bright colors and I could run my fingers through the fabric of t-shirts... about ten seconds in, they started playing a song on the radio, that I really liked, but never heard. The voice however sounded really familiar, so I was like "Is that a Red Hot Chili Peppers song?" I used Shazam to identify which is was, and now I know.
It doesn't matter where I am or how I feel, or what emotions need to be processed, Red Hot Chili Peppers soothe my soul. I don't even know why Anthony Kiedis's voice does that for me. I realize he doesn't even sing that well. But he does. It's my go to therapy. Like eating chocolate chip cookies, by the time you're finished, you feel so much better!

·
Banned
3,802 Posts
Things that make me happy:

- Travelling
- Drinking beer
- Smoking weed
- Playing video games
- Listening to metal
- Eating pizza
- Creating stuff (whether it's art or stories or whatever) that people appreciate.

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
Things that make me happy:

- Travelling
- Drinking beer
- Smoking weed
- Playing video games
- Listening to metal
- Eating pizza
- Creating stuff (whether it's art or stories or whatever) that people appreciate.
Basically this^^ plus having a few decent people in my life and perhaps a S.O. and playing guitar. And animals. And hiking. And swimming in the ocean.

·
The spirit of the spirits
11,086 Posts
Learning about cars
Eating something tasty and a lot of it (until stomach problems)
Listening to music
Video games, expecially Forza series
Being outside, when snowing
Watching at dumb or aggresive drivers on street (Nissan Micra speeding, BMW drifting, Stupid Audis clogging traffic, RX8 revving or just crappy Toyotas with stupid drivers, who can't park).
Running at night or early morning as fast as I can
Students doing pranks or trolling teachers
P.E.
Me trolling parents
Not thinking about distant future
Buying new keyboard
Building/repairing/upgrading computer
Having potential
Being succesful/competitive
Having or seeing rare things
Mangas about cars/adventures
Going to cinema
Achieving goals
Finishing tasks
Being original/creative
Idea of taking physics exam after two years without physics lessons
Going FAST!!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
I've never met a truly happy isfp. I know *things* make you happy, but are you yourself happy?
That low-key insult... :laughing:

From an ISFP girl that I know well... anything happy sentimental. Example: Kids movies, gifts, etc.

Basic enjoyments: exploring, bike riding, watching anime.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts

From an ISFP girl that I know well... anything happy sentimental. Example: Kids movies, gifts, etc.

Your avatar says entj so I'm trying to figure out why you answered my question (directed at isfp)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts

Go slowly re-read my question... You just listed stuff/activities that make her happy. My question to the isfp was about the kind of happiness that doesn't depend on physical things you can experience or touch. A few of my friends have told me they can't find happiness and when they do its only temporary (when they do something the enjoy).

·
Registered
617 Posts
Go slowly re-read my question... You just listed stuff/activities that make her happy. My question to the isfp was about the kind of happiness that doesn't depend on physical things you can experience or touch. A few of my friends have told me they can't find happiness and when they do its only temporary (when they do something the enjoy).
I am not answering your question. I am answering the OP’s question in what makes ISFPs happy.

I said, “low-key insult” in response to you because I viewed your comment somewhat crude and relatively derailing the original post. Your comment makes it sound like ISFPs are superficial, depressed people.The serving topic was for people to share common interests and enjoyments of ISFPs.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I am not answering your question. I am answering the OP’s question in what makes ISFPs happy.

I said, “low-key insult” in response to you because I viewed your comment somewhat crude and relatively derailing the original post. Your comment makes it sound like ISFPs are superficial, depressed people.The serving topic was for people to share common interests and enjoyments of ISFPs.
Maybe if you had more carefully read my question you wouldn't have misunderstood or assumed anything about my commentary.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
I've never met a truly happy isfp. I know *things* make you happy, but are you yourself happy?
Happiness is overrated... If that's all you live for, you are either fooling yourself, or you are very shallow, or you don't know what "happy" means (or more likely, some mashup of the three).

To answer your question more thoroughly... Superficially happy--I may not always be. But that doesn't mean I'm unhappy, as in dissatisfied with life or things in general. Happiness is an emotion, and it's only one emotion, but like all emotions, it is fleeting and fickle (i.e. not to be trusted).

I just don't see the value in trying to make myself try to be something that doesn't, in the long run, matter as much as other things.

Perversely, though, I find I try to make other people happy, even if only for a moment. Go figure. :)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Can I just say I find it hilarious that in a post about happiness there's a fight breaking out already on the second page? Lmao.

Anyway:

Aesthetically appealing... well, anything
Feeling inner peace
Mornings when I don't have to do anything
Not having to do anything in general
Art (if this isn't obvious enough)
Being thought of as intelligent, especially through my writing
Concerts, preferably while tipsy
Walking around outside, feeling the snow on my face, the feeling of inhaling cold air
My morning coffee/cigarette and the things I think about
People opening up to me about their lives
Listening to good music at max volume
Taking naps
Children's drawings (I seriously love them, I wish my mom had saved mine)
Dancing when no one is watching
Being a goofball and making others laugh
Photography... actual photography, not the Instagram kind
Being given things other people have made

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I am happy. Even though all the little details may not be perfect, my life is perfect.

Reactions: HGy and Dora

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I confess, superficial things do make me happy! As well as a lot of other things. I'm one of the people who is best at experiencing complete and utter joy of life! People envy me for this.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I'm one of the people who is best at experiencing complete and utter joy of life! People envy me for this.
Same! Do you also experience people not taking you seriously because of that? I'm like you and often people take me as that person who "hasn't been slapped in the face by life yet" although that couldn't be further from the truth. I just see it as a fun ride at the end of it all.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Same! Do you also experience people not taking you seriously because of that? I'm like you and often people take me as that person who "hasn't been slapped in the face by life yet" although that couldn't be further from the truth. I just see it as a fun ride at the end of it all.
Yup. A lot of people take me as a comic relief. Or rather, when I'm serious or intense, they think I'm funny, and when I'm joking, they take me seriously.

The ability to feel untainted joy does not relate to not suffering. Quite the contrary - I know how horrible and frustrating life can be, so I've learned to really appreciate the little and big joys...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Give me beautiful photos on the nature (or better: bring me on-site) and I will nearly die inside from hapiness (treeeessss, moutaiiiins, deserts...and no sign of human presence). The words cannot describe the intensity of this feeling.

tumblr_mf9zgrI3rR1qg8i80o1_1280.jpg

But otherwise my colleagues have already listed many charming little things :kitteh:.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts